BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vs. Wigan Away

Henley, Lowe, Steele... With those players responsible for keeping the ball out of the net we've no chance.

One of the best defences in recent times for Rovers was in 2004-05. Purely under Hughes that season we conceeded 34 in 34 in the PL that season, which is the ratio of goals against that Champions League qualifiers usually have.

He did it with a defence of Neill, Todd, Johanssen and Matteo. Neill aside, players any neutral would judge as not good enough for PL level.

In my opinion defending is less about ability and more about the way a manager sets a team up. Coyle is one of the "attractive football" breed, a trait I remember Rovers fans being particularly impressed by back in his heyday for Burnley whilst fans moaned about "hoofball" under Allardyce.

In my opinion there is a fundamental problem with attractive football in terms of how solid you are defensively. Today we played 4-4-2 with a midfield that didn't look like they had one tackle in them put together. The defence was woefully exposed throughout.

I've never rated Henley but he hasn't become garbage overnight, nor has Duffy become average overnight. Coyle's system just makes defences look awful.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the best defences in recent times for Rovers was in 2004-05. Purely under Hughes that season we conceeded 34 in 34 in the PL that season, which is the ratio of goals against that Champions League qualifiers usually have.

He did it with a defence of Neill, Todd, Johanssen and Matteo. Neill aside, players any neutral would judge as not good enough for PL level.

In my opinion defending is less about ability and more about the way a manager sets a team up. Coyle is one of the "attractive football" breed, a trait I remember Rovers fans being particularly impressed by back in his heyday for Burnley whilst fans moaned about "hoofball" under Allardyce.

In my opinion there is a fundamental problem with attractive football in terms of how solid you are defensively. Today we played 4-4-2 with a midfield that didn't look like they had one tackle in them put together. The defence was woefully exposed throughout.

I've never rated Henley but he hasn't become garbage overnight, nor has Duffy become average overnight. Coyle's system just makes defences look awful.

It's basics for me SKH - I agree with everything I'd just add that we aren't defending basic situations well. The freekick was was sheer idiocy. Asking for a shot, thank Christ Coyle didn't defend that. To be honest, we haven't seen proper defending since Big Sam, but he set a high bar for that kind of consistency bar a few more notable thrashings.

Coyle needs our defence to get a grip pretty quick because we'd need more than the firepower that GB wasted( ha) to even survive.

I can't see him achieving it. I'm all for getting behind the manager in the scenario we are in but it's bloody hard work after today.

I have strange, admittedly paranoid theory - that Coyle is making a point to the owners - we are dead without reinforcements. Maybe that's sheer hope - when I mentioned it to khod he suggested Coyle wasn't clever enough and I could agree....

Duffy was really good in the Euro's against some top players but against Championship and League Two strikers he is poor. That indicates to me that he isn't interested or motivated to play for us. A good manager would smell a bad attitude a mile away and drop him but Coyle hasn't. Once again there is a nasty whiff coming out of our club.

He only played two games and got sent off and gave the goal away in one. He basically had one good game. Has never been good enough since he stepped foot into this club. Hopefully we get some cash off Sunderland for him.

What can I say, this was awful.

I Never want to sit near front again, because its much better at the back when I cant see, (broke my glasses).

This was a starting 11 which consisted of players who don't care, players who didnt try , players who are not good enough and players who in some cases wanted the ground to swallow them up.

Steele - got to be up there with Fettis as one of the worse keepers we have had in recent times. Week in week out, mistake after mistake. When he should catch it with simple routine shots he decides its better to punch it. His positional play is sunday league at best. Good Goalkeepers are worth 10 extra points a season, this one gives us minus 20 before the season even starts. 2

Lowe- any potential he had, i think injuries have put paid to that. Not a right back. Certainly not good enough to command a first team spot in the championship. Passing was woeful, positional play even worse . We cant keep filling holes by playing players out of position. 3

Henley- may never recover as a professional footballer and needs loaning out. Struggled for confidence for 18 months at right back, but playing him at left back highlights the managers poor judgement. He just didnt want the ball , when he did get it and looked up, he never had a team mate within 20 yards to pick out. After Norwich he should of been spared a further confidence blow. Manager pulled him off at half time, singled him out in post match interview and I do fear for the lads professional career. He needs out of rovers or his career is over before it ever got started. Duffy said to Steele after 10 minutes, dont pass to the left, he is @#/?, pass to the right,disgraceful by Duffy . 2

Greer- Had it not been for him , it would of probably been a rugby score. He covered the ground for the whole back 4 and can walk off with credit for his efforts - 8

Duffy - Worse attitude i have ever witnessed from a professional footballer at rovers. It was obvious from 1st minute, that he could not be bothered and barely broke into a jog, let alone a sprint. Sulked the whole game and obviously wants out. He aint worth half a million in my opinion and good riddence when he buggars off. If i was manager , he wouldnt get a move, id chuck him in reserves and let him see out his contract -0

Lenihan - Without experience around him in centre midfield, he is not ready to be in first 11. Playing with Byrne, both play too deep and make it easy for opposition. He at least tried, but not championship standard in my opinion - 5

Byrne - will be a good player in years to come, but like Lenihan crying out to be playing along side a creative midfield general. Cant knock his effort, but too often gave ball away in dangerous positions - 6

Feeney - he is as bad second time around as he was first time. Likes to drop his shoulder every time he gets the ball, problem is , he feigns to run 6 or 7 times then eventually tackles himself or goes backwards - 1

Marshall - Another anchoring for a move and playing for himself. Was woeful and went through motions - 3

Stokes - Man of match for me, worked his socks off and must be thinking , why am I here - 8

Graham - Has he eaten a bus? Looked unfit and totally ineffective. If he dont improve quickly , we have even more problems as many are pinning their hat on him as the match winner. He looked too much like me when I hung my boots up, legs gone and too easy to read.

Hendrie - looks like he can do a job and should of started game - 6

Conway - should be one of first names on team sheet, was instrumental in the 10 minute good spell we had, but used far too much on left , when he is more effective on Right - 6

Gallagher - not easy to judge a player when they come on 3-0 down, but put himself about. 5

Our team at present would finish mid table in league 1, which suggest we will be relegated .

Coyle aint the man and should go now, yes he has no money, but I only have to look at Henley decision and lack of effort from players, that tells me all i need to know about Coyle.

Sad times ahead

I Never want to sit near front again, because its much better at the back when I cant see, (broke my glasses).

This was a starting 11 which consisted of players who don't care, players who didnt try , players who are not good enough and players who in some cases wanted the ground to swallow them up.

Steele - got to be up there with Fettis as one of the worse keepers we have had in recent times. Week in week out, mistake after mistake. When he should catch it with simple routine shots he decides its better to punch it. His positional play is sunday league at best. Good Goalkeepers are worth 10 extra points a season, this one gives us minus 20 before the season even starts. 2

Lowe- any potential he had, i think injuries have put paid to that. Not a right back. Certainly not good enough to command a first team spot in the championship. Passing was woeful, positional play even worse . We cant keep filling holes by playing players out of position. 3

Henley- may never recover as a professional footballer and needs loaning out. Struggled for confidence for 18 months at right back, but playing him at left back highlights the managers poor judgement. He just didnt want the ball , when he did get it and looked up, he never had a team mate within 20 yards to pick out. After Norwich he should of been spared a further confidence blow. Manager pulled him off at half time, singled him out in post match interview and I do fear for the lads professional career. He needs out of rovers or his career is over before it ever got started. Duffy said to Steele after 10 minutes, dont pass to the left, he is @#/?, pass to the right,disgraceful by Duffy . 2

Greer- Had it not been for him , it would of probably been a rugby score. He covered the ground for the whole back 4 and can walk off with credit for his efforts - 8

Duffy - Worse attitude i have ever witnessed from a professional footballer at rovers. It was obvious from 1st minute, that he could not be bothered and barely broke into a jog, let alone a sprint. Sulked the whole game and obviously wants out. He aint worth half a million in my opinion and good riddence when he buggars off. If i was manager , he wouldnt get a move, id chuck him in reserves and let him see out his contract -0

Lenihan - Without experience around him in centre midfield, he is not ready to be in first 11. Playing with Byrne, both play too deep and make it easy for opposition. He at least tried, but not championship standard in my opinion - 5

Byrne - will be a good player in years to come, but like Lenihan crying out to be playing along side a creative midfield general. Cant knock his effort, but too often gave ball away in dangerous positions - 6

Feeney - he is as bad second time around as he was first time. Likes to drop his shoulder every time he gets the ball, problem is , he feigns to run 6 or 7 times then eventually tackles himself or goes backwards - 1

Marshall - Another anchoring for a move and playing for himself. Was woeful and went through motions - 3

Stokes - Man of match for me, worked his socks off and must be thinking , why am I here - 8

Graham - Has he eaten a bus? Looked unfit and totally ineffective. If he dont improve quickly , we have even more problems as many are pinning their hat on him as the match winner. He looked too much like me when I hung my boots up, legs gone and too easy to read.

Conway - should be one of first names on team sheet, was instrumental in the 10 minute good spell we had, but used far too much on left , when he is more effective on Right - 6

Gallagher - not easy to judge a player when they come on 3-0 down, but put himself about. 5

Our team at present would finish mid table in league 1, which suggest we will be relegated .

Coyle aint the man and should go now, yes he has no money, but I only have to look at Henley decision and lack of effort from players, that tells me all i need to know about Coyle.

Sad times ahead

Did Duffy really say this word by word? That can't be good for team morale.

He only played two games and got sent off and gave the goal away in one. He basically had one good game. Has never been good enough since he stepped foot into this club. Hopefully we get some cash off Sunderland for him.

You have missed my point. Duffy's attitude under O'Neill was excellent, under Coyle he is playing like he couldn't care less. That tells me that he has no respect for Coyle (along with a number of his team mates apparently).

You have missed my point. Duffy's attitude under O'Neill was excellent, under Coyle he is playing like he couldn't care less. That tells me that he has no respect for Coyle (along with a number of his team mates apparently).

Not sure how you can say that when he played two games and in one made a blunder and got sent off.

Exactly what I have heard, majority of players were appalled when Coyle was appointed, and have wanted out since. Lambert, been told that, the players who didn't get a look in couldn't stand him and apparently a lot of the non-playing staff didn't like him, because "he was to serious and seemed arrogant at times, as he was adamant things should be done his way, just because he's been at big clubs doesn't mean he can strut around like he owns the place" they were exact words I was given when speaking to one of the staff down there, my reply was "that's probably because you have been used to the the unprofessional style that was adopted at the club, partly down to 'matey Gaz' and various other factors", he just laughed.

The players with ability (this is my opinion) respected Lambert, because they knew, that he knew, what he was talking about, and they knew, that if they listened to him they wouldn't just progress as a team but they would progress as individuals. For me this was evidenced in the last two games of the season, nothing to play for, but in those two games, the team worked their socks off for Lambert. From minute one in pre-season to now I haven't seen anything to suggest they want to play for Coyle.

Was working on Preston game yesterday, I heard this comment by more than one Preston fan "we're @#/?, but at least we aren't Blackburn"

Sad times ahead

THINK SAME FEEL BAD WHEN REMEMBER FETTIS,

Lowe- Newer good even Championship shame that wear captain armband.

Henley- hope so never play for rovers, never like him.

Greer- ok player like to even fight.

Duffy - hope so goes some premier team and use his ass at substitutes bench this season only arguing other players and playing totally @#/?.

Lenihan - play only good if right manager not with Coyle.

Byrne - cant make miracles himself need some hard worker player with him

Feeney - get taxi to him dont want give him any changes same @#/? than bennett.

Marshall - only think how his har look, put him for @#/? sake back to defender, now he look like running like that chicken in ewood park.

Stokes - I think for right manager that lad can really get goals.

Graham - Now time to shave his beard and start to play but not want play with Coyle

Hendrie - maybe ok player i wanna give hi change.

Conway - allways like him cant been @#/? than bennett or Feeney

Gallagher - run like paolo wanchope or crouch but lets see can get goals

Maybe we have to make same what Watford did sack english scout and im 100% bettter 11 players for free can fnd other countries who really can play football not moaning.

Coyle taxi to him how stupid people is that think that man makes miracles time to retired that manager new fresh put on maybe time to damien.

Awfull times coming inside me even wake up beast because rovers is so @#/? these days and chicken farmers made me mad.

up the rovers

Tony parks blue white army!

Lambert, been told that, the players who didn't get a look in couldn't stand him and apparently a lot of the non-playing staff didn't like him, because "he was to serious and seemed arrogant at times, as he was adamant things should be done his way, just because he's been at big clubs doesn't mean he can strut around like he owns the place" they were exact words I was given when speaking to one of the staff down there, my reply was "that's probably because you have been used to the the unprofessional style that was adopted at the club, partly down to 'matey Gaz' and various other factors", he just laughed.

God that's concerning, it's almost like the club has been re-made in Venkys own image and we've now got staff throughout who are just as ignorant and difficult as Venkys about being told what to do by someone significantly more knowledgeable.

I suppose this is what happens when you go 5 years between Allardyce and Lambert with no manager with any authority in between.

• Backroom

Exactly what I have heard, majority of players were appalled when Coyle was appointed, and have wanted out since. Lambert, been told that, the players who didn't get a look in couldn't stand him and apparently a lot of the non-playing staff didn't like him, because "he was to serious and seemed arrogant at times, as he was adamant things should be done his way, just because he's been at big clubs doesn't mean he can strut around like he owns the place" they were exact words I was given when speaking to one of the staff down there, my reply was "that's probably because you have been used to the the unprofessional style that was adopted at the club, partly down to 'matey Gaz' and various other factors", he just laughed.

The players with ability (this is my opinion) respected Lambert, because they knew, that he knew, what he was talking about, and they knew, that if they listened to him they wouldn't just progress as a team but they would progress as individuals. For me this was evidenced in the last two games of the season, nothing to play for, but in those two games, the team worked their socks off for Lambert. From minute one in pre-season to now I haven't seen anything to suggest they want to play for Coyle.

This doesn't surprise me at all. Most humans are lazy by nature, so it's no surprise to me that the non-playing staff at Ewood prefer the laid-back, boys club attitude of Kean, Bowyer and Coyle. Lambert must have been a shock to the system, wanting things done professionally and to the highest possible standard. I imagine his attitude was sour largely because of how rank amateur the club has become in every department. He's used to better, whereas those at Ewood have become used to mediocrity at best.

No question for me, based on the first few games of the season, the players don't respect Coyle and are barely willing to give 50% for him, let alone 100%. If a manager hasn't got the dressing room from day one, as appears to be the case here, then he's doomed. The only solution in normal circumstances would be for the owner to admit making a grave mistake, relieve Coyle of his duties immediately, and bring in a respectable manager who the players actually trust.

Unfortunately, with our owners being Venky's (supposedly), there's little to no chance of that happening.

Yep Saturdays are the days off now, Sundays it's in for a sauna, rub down then table tennis, doughnuts and off the boozer to watch Super Sunday. Monday is hangover day then maybe 5 a side on Tues or something if enough show up for 2 teams that is.

But some need to be sold like Marshall and Duffy. didn't even show desire or passion for the club, the shirt or even the fans

Brilliant idea - sell our best players. That'll lead to success...

Both are capable championship players. Yes they're stropping and yes they are playing badly but that's the temperament of footballers. Managers are paid to manage them and get them performing.

Put it this way - under Ince none of the players were playing well. Should we have got rid of them? They seemed to play pretty well under Big Sam but by your logic we should have flogged the squad and kept Ince.

And that's before we even consider that we won't get anyone else to replace them or of we fo they'll be lower quality.

Do the posters that went yesterday think it was worse than the Ince debacle in his last game in change away at Wigan?

That was possibly the biggest shambles I can recall witnessing in a long time.

Utter shambles.

That Ince game a lot of players set about that purposely in that fashion knowing he'd get the boot. This time around we are just plain fooked I think it would take someone of the calibre of Allardyce to even begin to sort this mess.

Do the posters that went yesterday think it was worse than the Ince debacle in his last game in change away at Wigan?

Utter shambles.

In think it's worse because this set of players aren't that good. Under Ince we had good players that wanted him sacked. It would take a very good manager to turn this lot in to a winning side.

Utter shambles.

It was worse

We are an absolute shambles

Archived