BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vs. Wigan Away

• Backroom

That Ince game a lot of players set about that purposely in that fashion knowing he'd get the boot. This time around we are just plain fooked I think it would take someone of the calibre of Allardyce to even begin to sort this mess.

Somebody like Warnock would do enough to keep us up. Last season's Rotherham were absolute dogshit and look what he managed there.

But really, as I've said many times, it would just be delaying the inevitable. The current situation is absolutely unsustainable and the hole in this ship has become too big to plug. Under the current model we have one more season left in this division, at best. If we're in the Championship next season (which I seriously doubt we will be) then the squad will be so poor that nobody will be able to save us.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the bright side we might be one step closer to admin after the remaining chips have been cashed and bills still need paying. There should be nowt left for Venkys & co to hush up by then if the current trend hopefully continues.

Get it all out in the open then they've no excuse to hang on anymore and they should just cut and run !

Do the posters that went yesterday think it was worse than the Ince debacle in his last game in change away at Wigan?

That was possibly the biggest shambles I can recall witnessing in a long time.

Utter shambles.

Without any doubt I've never seen in 40+ years a player attitude as bad as this.

I'm still annoyed how a team of professionals can be so disrespectful to loyal fans, many of who will have shelled out the best part of £30 and expected a performance. The chatter and smiles on Rovers fans faces in the Marque and the loud singing/chanting in the concourse area before the game turned to many shaking their heads and asking "what now?".

Having said that we all know the problem goes a lot deeper than player attitude. I'd like to think that unless something changes quickly our club is in deep trouble but I'm afraid we are in that chapter now.

Sorry to sound so negative - well done to all who went yesterday.

Venky's out!

Just watched the goals again, not sure why the sudden desire to hang Shane Duffy, he was unlucky for the 3rd goal, but could do nothing about the other 2, but I never went and only saw bits on the stream.

I think what posters need to realise is this isn't going to get any better, Coyle may sure things up in the coming weeks, we may even get a couple of wins, who knows, but thats as good as it gets for us I'm afraid. Its been the same for years now, its not going to get any better whilst Venkys are still involved with this football club and all the talk of play off places under Bowyer was pie in the sky then and even more so now.

I just hope more fans will start to get the message and turn the heat up against the owners, because unbelievably we still have people that think we're better off with Venkys than without them and until we shout with one collective voice things will never change.

If the heat gets turned up I for one will be coming back, forget the boycott, we need them out and we need to be united in that goal.

I wonder what the Venky advisor at the game made of it. My guess is his report will say "relegation extremely likely".

Any sane owner would look at that and decide it was either time to move on or properly re engage with the club and put some money in.

Venkys however will do nothing. I just don't get it.

Exactly, there's your answer.

I also forgot to mention his Dad's pathetic post on Facebook last night, not sure if everyone has read it.

No I wasn't there, you obviously were, so what did he do that was so bad? compared with the rest of the side?

You're not one of the faceless few that caused Duffy to close down his Twitter account are you?

No I wasn't there, you obviously were, so what did he do that was so bad? compared with the rest of the side?

You're not one of the faceless few that caused Duffy to close down his Twitter account are you?

His attitude was poor, blaming other players etc, looked like he didn't want to be there. I can't remember him making a tackle, he was out of position all the time, his passing was horrific (as usual), he can't get the ball to go where he wants when he heads it. He wasn't the worst player on the pitch by any means but it was a really really poor, all this compounded by his Dad's post last night as well as the fact that he's supposed to be one of our best and most passionate players meant he has had a lot of stick.

And no I'm not on twitter but if he can't take stick then he shouldn't be a professional footballer.

His attitude was poor, blaming other players etc, looked like he didn't want to be there. I can't remember him making a tackle, he was out of position all the time, his passing was horrific (as usual), he can't get the ball to go where he wants when he heads it. He wasn't the worst player on the pitch by any means but it was a really really poor, all this compounded by his Dad's post last night as well as the fact that he's supposed to be one of our best and most passionate players meant he has had a lot of stick.

And no I'm not on twitter but if he can't take stick then he shouldn't be a professional footballer.

Appreciate the insight into the game, watching the goals the entire defense was out of position at all times, it was a terrible performance across the board by the sounds of it.

Sadly you spoil the post with your last sentence, nobody deserves abusing on social media by faceless bedroom dwellers, you don't, I don't and professional footballers don't either.

Sadly you spoil the post with your last sentence, nobody deserves abusing on social media by faceless bedroom dwellers, you don't, I don't and professional footballers don't either.

Does that include the fat slug?

Appreciate the insight into the game, watching the goals the entire defense was out of position at all times, it was a terrible performance across the board by the sounds of it.

You're overreacting here, he gets paid very handsomely to be a professional footballer, and with that comes the spotlight and if fans (who essentially pay the players wages) don't think that he's doing a good job, or putting the effort in, they have every right to have a go. It comes with the territory and if he doesn't like it he doesn't have to be a professional footballer.

Abuse is never justifiable. Two wrongs don't make right either, whilst I can imagine certain scenarios where I'd probably flip and punch someone square in the nose or worse (reaction to child, animal cruelty etc) - you can't defend it really.

• Backroom

I don't think there's any issue with the fans giving Duffy an honest opinion of how they view his performances. If he doesn't want that he shouldn't have a public social media account. It's easy enough to make a private Twitter account, after all.

Too many people simply don't know the difference between giving an opinion and giving out abuse. They view it as essentially the same thing, and the relative anonymity of the internet gives certain types a lot more courage than they would ever have in the real world.

I don't think there's any issue with the fans giving Duffy an honest opinion of how they view his performances. If he doesn't want that he shouldn't have a public social media account. It's easy enough to make a private Twitter account, after all.

Too many people simply don't know the difference between giving an opinion and giving out abuse. They view it as essentially the same thing, and the relative anonymity of the internet gives certain types a lot more courage than they would ever have in the real world.

Agree with this, I have no idea what kind of 'abuse' Duffy got on twitter but if they were simply telling him what they thought of his performance/effort then I don't see much wrong with it, if however they were getting 'personal' then that is obviously a different story and not justifiable.

Archived