BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vs. Wigan Away

watched on tv

That's enough for me. I could only follow on here and the score centre app. Had my lad having a nice afternoon, wondering why I bothered to try and keep updated :-/ Notifications of the match are opened with dread these days!

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the highlights on CH 5, was Gary Megson bringing up the old Steve Kean and the fans again, seemed to be blaming the fans for all

our troubles, or did I hear him wrong ? he didn't mention the owners at all.

I'll have to watch it again in a few minutes on the 5+1 channel, caught me unawares first time round.

I thought Ginger Chimp was hinting that our problem is and always has been the owners.

Where to start after a performance like that? Too many players are simply not good enough to keep the club in the Championship. Marshall hasn't been interested since we returned for pre-season and seems to be in a permanent sulk - presumably because he's not being allowed to play at right-back. Duffy looked awful today and I suspect that he will be gone if an offer comes in for him which gives him what he wants. Although anyone who was scouting him today would no doubt stay well clear of him after watching this display. We don't possess a decent full-back at senior level worthy of the name and our midfield must be one of the worst we have had for 30 years or more. Indeed, I thought today that man for man this team looked far worse than the teams that dropped to the Third Division in 71 and 79.

​Whilst Coyle will get the blame the problem, as we all know, rests on another continent. Venkys don't want to sell, that's about the only thing that is clear with their ownership. Nor do they want to invest in the transfer market and so the manager is left to pick up the pieces. Whilst it shouldn't really matter, the whole Burnley issue was bound to undermine Coyle before he began. If we had someone in charge at Ewood with local knowledge they would have known that and looked elsewhere for a manager. In many ways Coyle is in an impossible position and the owners have ensured his demise with their total lack of support for him in the market.

The fact that the crowd turned on the players after the first goal went in is another first for me. In 50-odd years of following the club I don't think I've seen such hostility directed towards our own players so early in a season. I suspect that they will be relieved to be playing at Cardiff on Wednesday knowing that there will be so few of us there supporting them.

This game was so much more disheartening than the Norwich defeat. Wigan are not a particularly good side but they could have been four up by the interval. There are so many things wrong with the club at the moment that it is hard to see anything other than relegation at the end of this season. I've seen the club drop to the Third Division twice before and seen them bounce back fairly quickly. However, I'm not so sure that we will this time as the club seems to be on the verge of imploding. These really are dark days and, in the short term, we can only hope for an improved display on Wednesday night at Cardiff to steady a rapidly sinking ship.

Just watched the highlights on CH 5, was Gary Megson bringing up the old Steve Kean and the fans again, seemed to be blaming the fans for all

our troubles, or did I hear him wrong ? he didn't mention the owners at all.

I'll have to watch it again in a few minutes on the 5+1 channel, caught me unawares first time round.

I mentioned this earlier, the media seem to be oblivious to the neglectful owners.

It's a bloody worry for anyone in their 40 50 60's if they'll live long enough to see it.

Bloody hell Jock, that's a sobering thought.

That said in the seventies we'd never have envisaged what the nineties would bring! Better to have memories than not though eh?

How can the likes of Bournemouth and Swansea usurp us? Chears Venkys.

Where to start after a performance like that? Too many players are simply not good enough to keep the club in the Championship. Marshall hasn't been interested since we returned for pre-season and seems to be in a permanent sulk - presumably because he's not being allowed to play at right-back. Duffy looked awful today and I suspect that he will be gone if an offer comes in for him which gives him what he wants. Although anyone who was scouting him today would no doubt stay well clear of him after watching this display. We don't possess a decent full-back at senior level worthy of the name and our midfield must be one of the worst we have had for 30 years or more. Indeed, I thought today that man for man this team looked far worse than the teams that dropped to the Third Division in 71 and 79.

​Whilst Coyle will get the blame the problem, as we all know, rests on another continent. Venkys don't want to sell, that's about the only thing that is clear with their ownership. Nor do they want to invest in the transfer market and so the manager is left to pick up the pieces. Whilst it shouldn't really matter, the whole Burnley issue was bound to undermine Coyle before he began. If we had someone in charge at Ewood with local knowledge they would have known that and looked elsewhere for a manager. In many ways Coyle is in an impossible position and the owners have ensured his demise with their total lack of support for him in the market.

The fact that the crowd turned on the players after the first goal went in is another first for me. In 50-odd years of following the club I don't think I've seen such hostility directed towards our own players so early in a season. I suspect that they will be relieved to be playing at Cardiff on Wednesday knowing that there will be so few of us there supporting them.

This game was so much more disheartening than the Norwich defeat. Wigan are not a particularly good side but they could have been four up by the interval. There are so many things wrong with the club at the moment that it is hard to see anything other than relegation at the end of this season. I've seen the club drop to the Third Division twice before and seen them bounce back fairly quickly. However, I'm not so sure that we will this time as the club seems to be on the verge of imploding. These really are dark days and, in the short term, we can only hope for an improved display on Wednesday night at Cardiff to steady a rapidly sinking ship.

There really are no positives. Great write up, confirms my feeling of today. I know you're usually a positive guy so to read that post increases the lump in my throat with Rovers :-(

I felt Megson aimed a thinly veiled barb at the fans rather than owners.

The Kean mud flung about us being "ban fans" must have stuck. Unless he's "connected" with our lovely SEM mates?

It's all such a corrupt mess.

Can't argue with most of that.

However, let's get one thing clear - the issue that fair minded, reasonable Rovers fans, ( ie the majority ) , have with Coyle is not his connection with Burnley.

His record over several years at three different clubs is simply dreadful.

Of course Venky's are the root cause of all the problems, but there is no way the team would've made such a terrible start under Neil Warnock, or, for that matter, a few of the other candidates on the shortlist.

A shocking decision to end all shocking decisions, and probably the one to seal our fate.

I felt Megson aimed a thinly veiled barb at the fans rather than owners.

Yeah, I've just watched it again, I think he does, but, he does mention fans not liking the board and it's been going on

for a long time now and club will never recover whilst things stay as they are.

If he had said owners and asked, what the hell are these people doing at a Blackburn anyway, I could have forgiven him.

We really do need to get the VENKY'S OUT thing going again.

It's 4.25am in my part of the world,and I can't sleep at 55 football should not be giving you sleepless nights.at 2.55 I was cock a hoop that I could watch the match via the net at 3.10 I was nearly crying.Jesus what is going on,Coyle has been brought in because he is hated more than the owners,feeney was not good enought when on loan 2 seasons back.Jason Lowe looks angry,Henley looks a quivering wreck.Marshall is a enigma I've not seen him have a decent game in wonks.if we sell Duffy it will be the final nail in the coffin,he ain't great but has raw talent.

I hope the walker trust are proud of themselves tonight,I met a guy on Friday who hails from Jersey and he was telling me some great stories about uncle Jack,how we need another Jack.

Coyle must shoulder the blame for that appalling display ....watched on t.v. Surely no sensible manager could possibly play Henley after his woeful displays this season and last. We looked terrified of our opponents like timid kittens. I refuse to believe the youngsters could play any worse.

Only Greer looked composed in the first half. A slight improvement in the second half,particularly from Byrne,Stokes, and Conway. For me,Coyle at least knew the three worst players in a Rovers shirt this afternoon,as they were all substituted. But it really is tactically inept to have just Byrne and Lenihan in centre of midfield so other teams can run straight through us and cut us to pieces. Much better Lamberts "diamond formation"which at least makes you harder to break down,and doesnt massively over work the defenders.

For me,the system is all wrong and far too "nineteen-eighties". It is senseless and gives Lowe,Greer,Duffy and whoever far too much to do. Ridiculous. No wonder Duffy was fed up. Even Barzagli,Bonucci and Chiellini would struggle with it.

Great post Parson. The only thing I slightly disagree on is that regardless of the level of quality in the squad there is no excuse for not being hard working organised and difficult to beat. We should not be conceding a goal on ten mins and out of the game by the half hour mark every week. As someone else said earlier the job is difficult but should not be impossible. At the end of the day it's Coyle's job to motivate and organise the players and unless there ''s a rapid improvement you'd imagine his tenure will be an extremely short one.

Great post Parson. The only thing I slightly disagree on is that regardless of the level of quality in the squad there is no excuse for not being hard working organised and difficult to beat. We should not be conceding a goal on ten mins and out of the game by the half hour mark every week. As someone else said earlier the job is difficult but should not be impossible. At the end of the day it's Collessie job to motivate and organise the players and unless there ''s a rapid improvement you'd imagine his tenure will be an extremely short one.

Coyle was not the best candidate for the job,venkys are running the club into the ground,our Owen will be here till the job is done in relagation

Can't argue with most of that.

However, let's get one thing clear - the issue that fair minded, reasonable Rovers fans, ( ie the majority ) , have with Coyle is not his connection with Burnley.

His record over several years at three different clubs is simply dreadful.

Of course Venky's are the root cause of all the problems, but there is no way the team would've made such a terrible start under Neil Warnock, or, for that matter, a few of the other candidates on the shortlist.

A shocking decision to end all shocking decisions, and probably the one to seal our fate.

Another very good post. Hard to disagree. I'd be round at Warnock's with an extremely large bunch of flowers already.

Coyle was not the best candidate for the job,venkys are running the club into the ground,our Owen will be here till the job is done in relagation

We'll see I guess. Wouldnt put my shirt on it but if I had to wager a pound I'd say it's marginally more likely we'll see a return to the five managers a season scenario.

I well remember when we got relegated to the old 3rd Division...but with Hird and Bailey at full-back.

On the last match of that season we as fans were still positive and very resilient,determined and UNITED as a solid 8,000 fans of OUR Club.

In the middle of this impending disaster WE have to be resilient and keep up the love for OUR Club.

In the end we will prevail....not Koyley or the vandals we have as current Owners. We have to believe it may get worse but then if we are solid it can get much better. We will certainly enjoy future successes more,knowing the dark days from 2010-17. RTID.

Coyle must shoulder the blame for that appalling display ....watched on t.v. Surely no sensible manager could possibly play Henley after his woeful displays this season and last. We looked terrified of our opponents like timid kittens. I refuse to believe the youngsters could play any worse.

Henley, Lowe, Steele... With those players responsible for keeping the ball out of the net we've no chance.

Abused by a load of faceless imbeciles that wouldn't say boo to s goose outside the bedroom door, brilliant....

Duffy is the best defender at the club, hence the interest from several clubs, if he goes we'll be right in the mire.

Must keep him at all costs.

Sorry but Duffy is just as bad as the rest of them, if not worse. He thinks he's Maldini at the back. Greer looked far more composed.

I well remember when we got relegated to the old 3rd Division...but with Hird and Bailey at full-back.On the last match of that season we as fans were still positive and very resilient,determined and UNITED as a solid 8,000 fans of OUR Club.In the middle of this impending disaster WE have to be resilient and keep up the love for OUR Club.In the end we will prevail....not Koyley or the vandals we have as current Owners. We have to believe it may get worse but then if we are solid it can get much better. We will certainly enjoy future successes more,knowing the dark days from 2010-17. RTID.

Oh to have the luxury of Hird and Bailey as full backs!

Out of context Booth im f cking devastated about the predicament we re in . Now pick on someone else ..theres a good lad.

I'm sure you are but what's the point in getting into squabbles with fellow fans when there's only one set of w***ers responsible for all this.

Bloody hell Jock, that's a sobering thought.

That said in the seventies we'd never have envisaged what the nineties would bring! Better to have memories than not though eh?

How can the likes of Bournemouth and Swansea usurp us? Chears Venkys.

I for one cannot wait 20 years.

Henley, Lowe, Steele... With those players responsible for keeping the ball out of the net we've no chance.

Not to mention the 2 kids trying to run the middle of the park against fully grown men. Coyle needs to get another body in there. I thought I'd never say this but Akpan might have helped slightly to provide Byrne's muscle.

Coyle Out!

Not to mention the 2 kids trying to run the middle of the park against fully grown men. Coyle needs to get another body in there. I thought I'd never say this but Akpan might have helped slightly to provide Byrne's muscle.

Coyle Out!

Spot on. How anyone could think that the right selection in cm is two young lads in a 4 - beyond my understanding that decision, are we that limited?

Archived