BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vs. Wigan Away

Come off it Stuart. Graham is 30? years of age and knows exactly what it takes to keep himself fit by now. If he's not fit, which he clearly isn't, then that's his bag entirely. Coyle and his team aren't there encouraging him to eat pizza and doughnuts.

I would not be too sure about that

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naïve? So you don't believe in fitness coaching, or conditioning?

The manager and coaches make a big difference to footballers attitude to fitness training. Nobody likes it and it needs the whip to be cracked.

We've gone from Lambert, Irvine and Kelly to this shower.

If you knew anyone at Bolton or Wigan, you'd know there was a pattern. But, yeah, it's probably just individual players not pulling their tripe out.

I know someone from the medical team, who was at Bolton when Coyle was there. He was not very complimentary about him, shall we say.

I would not be too sure about that

Neither would I and that's the reason the Doc and Coyle didn't see eye to eye at Bolton.

I might be able to support a legal entity bearing the name of Blackburn Rovers operating from Ewood Park. Anything else wouldn't be the same Club would it? It would be a completely different outfit so no point.

I'm just not happy with this notion of hoping we do badly or wishing away our status in the hope it drives Venky's away. The future is perilous enough if we managed to tread water for a couple of seasons without dropping down the divisions to boot imo.

Who said anything about hoping or wishing?? I'm talking about accepting the consequences if Venkys do go (whether pushed or walk) because many fans are seriously suffering from Stockholm Syndrome in a big way.

But, let's just understand each other:

- We can't protest

- We can't buy them out

- We can't shame them out

- We can't rely on shareholder pressure or people at the club to fall on their swords

- We can't direct any ire at them (because they don't attend)

- We can't boo the players or the manager in case they get upset

- We can't sign ironic songs or use gallows humour

- We can't boycott, we can't even stage a walk out, or late entry

- We can't even hope that if we are relegated they will leave

- We can't start a phoenix club before they go (a la FCUM)

- We can't agree on anything as a fanbase

All we can do is sit on our hands, keep paying our ticket and merchandise money and just wait for the inevitable to happen whilst 'getting behind the lads'? Is that what you mean by "tread water"?

It's just not human nature to sit and watch something die. You either do something or you look away.

Granted these aren't all your suggestions but this is the theme from those who want to shout down protesters. I'll tell you what, it'd be a lot more fun, watching an honest club playing in the lower leagues than watching the dross we are having to at the moment, and paying a small fortune in wages whilst we continue to add to our debt.

I note also that there are a couple of prominent posters who seem to want to paint the fans in a bad light.

SKH, if you have seen racism at the ground, film the @#/?s and send the footage to the club, because I don't want such scum anywhere near my club / town. But if you aren't prepared to do this, stop casing aspersions which can't be backed up.

Not sure about the racism bit

Well if definitely goes on. No doubt a minority but I've heard people come out with that kinda stuff since the days of Marcus Bent.

There was a kick-off in the top right corner (looking out onto the pitch) that ended up with about 4 coppers calming it down, started by some a-hole calling Henley a "useless black b******" that another fan objected to, and that was only at 1-0.

Personally though I think the racism is just an occasional symptom of the underlying illness that a lot of people think it's perfectly ok to hurl abuse at their own team and manager at football matches. The comments reserved for the Rovers players are so abusive at times that I'm convinced the same fan wouldn't even aim them at the opposition or the ref. There seems to be this attitude of we pay their wages so with our lot it's ok.

No matter how bad things are on the pitch I just can't get on board with that kind of behaviour to your own team. It makes a total mockery of songs like "Rovers till I die" and "we love you Rovers". In my book "fans" who've spent the whole game calling out players useless c***** have no right to sing those songs. But that's just my view, I doubt I'll be going much even to away matches this season now. Like I said the asbo brigade seem to have taken over.

I know someone from the medical team, who was at Bolton when Coyle was there. He was not very complimentary about him, shall we say.

Neither would I and that's the reason the Doc and Coyle didn't see eye to eye at Bolton.

Could also explain the disaster at Wigan today, he mis-heard the Wigan lot singing Will Griggs on fire before KO as Greggs on Fire so was pre occupied wondering where he was going to get next weeks training treats from

Naïve? So you don't believe in fitness coaching, or conditioning?

The manager and coaches make a big difference to footballers attitude to fitness training. Nobody likes it and it needs the whip to be cracked.

We've gone from Lambert, Irvine and Kelly to this shower.

If you knew anyone at Bolton or Wigan, you'd know there was a pattern. But, yeah, it's probably just individual players not pulling their tripe out.

And if the player walks over that line and cant be assed ..? ..fitness coach or no fitness coach aint gonna put that right ..naive to even think so. Dropped ..? now we re talking ..

Come off it Stuart. Graham is 30? years of age and knows exactly what it takes to keep himself fit by now. If he's not fit, which he clearly isn't, then that's his bag entirely. Coyle and his team aren't there encouraging him to eat pizza and doughnuts.

A disappointingly patronising post from somebody I usually have a lot of respect for.

If players knew how to keep themselves fit then fitness coaches wouldn't exist.

A team's level of fitness is absolutely down to the regime at the club.

It wasn't me who mentioned anything about pizza and doughnuts.

And if the player walks over that line and cant be assed ..? ..fitness coach or no fitness coach aint gonna put that right ..naive to even think so. Dropped ..? now we re talking ..

Do you have some details that these players are so under motivated? (Obviously fitness AND motivation are solely down to the players, of course). Tactics and formation are also their job.

I'll tell you something right now. Every one of these players, under a proper respected manager, with the right ideas, man-management and motivation would perform better than they are here and now.

And please don't keep calling me naïve, it makes you sound stupid.

• Backroom

A disappointingly patronising post from somebody I usually have a lot of respect for.

Some clearly have it in for Graham so any chance to have a shot will be taken

It wasn't me who mentioned anything about pizza and doughnut

And a very disappointing post again ..really ..?

Fitness coaches "fine tune" players ...players are players ..good grief.

Probably the same people who had it in for Lambert. Graham succeeding is another reminder for them.

I'm just going to ignore your nonsense posts now mate. Go and have a beer.

Footballers are no different to any group of working people who will take advantage of weak management by taking the easy street attitude. We saw this under Bowyer and ultimately it manifests itself as unprofessionalism. Lambert saw this and immediately put plans in place to remedy this to such a degree he was prepared to accept injuries as a by product of getting the players fit. Coyle is a dinosaur in footballing terms and there are signs that he is already heading up a boys club style situation where players couldn't care less and have no respect for him or his methods.

Probably the same people who had it in for Lambert. Graham succeeding is another reminder for them.

I'm just going to ignore your nonsense posts now mate. Go and have a beer.

Really ? you dont think that a footballer who has played professional football at a high level doesnt really know how to look after himself at 30 yr old ? Again fine tuning ..diet ..but hey cmon .

Footballers are no different to any group of working people who will take advantage of weak management by taking the easy street attitude. We saw this under Bowyer and ultimately it manifests itself as unprofessionalism. Lambert saw this and immediately put plans in place to remedy this to such a degree he was prepared to accept injuries as a by product of getting the players fit. Coyle is a dinosaur in footballing terms and there are signs that he is already heading up a boys club style situation where players couldn't care less and have no respect for him or his methods.

Agree completely. I guess that makes two of us who are naïve.

Ian Battersby and Ian Currie should be looking to buy the club asap.

​we are sinking like hell

Why would they buy a club with 120ml of debt that they can buy from the administrator for a pittance. Nobody will be buying us unless Venkys write off the debt and/or we got into admin, it makes zero business sense otherwise

We've conceded 7 goals in two games, just had a humiliating loss to Wigan and you're disappointed at a post on a message board.

Good grief indeed.

Fortunately decided not to bother watching today's game online, went to pub to watch St Pauli getting beat instead,

Sad how the chants of Venkys Out start when we start losing, today's result surely makes no difference to that. Why aren't the chants at every game no matter what the score is?

We've conceded 7 goals in two games, just had a humiliating loss to Wigan and you're disappointed at a post on a message board.

Good grief indeed.

Out of context Booth im f cking devastated about the predicament we re in . Now pick on someone else ..theres a good lad.

Simon you've got your just desserts after your endless anti-Lambert strops. Serves you right is all I can say. Never thought I would hear such drivel from a long time blue and 100 Club member.

• Backroom

The one thing Bowyer did have going for him, imo, was that the players genuinely liked and respected him, even if they knew his limitations as a manager. So, most of the time they'd "give it a right good go", but never had the motivation to take it the extra step. As the quality of the team decreased, so did the ability to get results, but the players generally always seemed to be trying for GB.

I don't believe the players respect Coyle at all. They know he's a chancer who was brought in because he was willing to work for cheap. This lack of respect is already translating into poor performances, a lack of motivation and total loss of confidence in whatever Coyle is attempting to do. There is no hope of this situation improving, imo. I'm not saying Coyle has lost the dressing room, I simply think he never really had it.

It sounds like Lambert made it clear to the lads why he was leaving at the end of last season. Perhaps some of them are harbouring resentment over a decent manager being replaced by an absolute joker. Ultimately that manifests into frustration which might be why the likes of Duffy and Graham appear @#/? off and uninterested. I don't necessarily condone that, but if this is the case it is unlikely these players will ever perform under Coyle.

If the choice was to get rid of the players, or get rid of the current manager, I know who I'd rather show the door.

Why would they buy a club with 120ml of debt that they can buy from the administrator for a pittance. Nobody will be buying us unless Venkys write off the debt and/or we got into admin, it makes zero business sense otherwise

Battersby and Currie wanted to buy the club this summer. They are passionate Rovers fans and who wanted the best for the club.

But we need new owners asap. Need Venkys gone asap. Problem we cant affect their decisions due to not being here

I don't have it in for Graham, but being of average football intelligence I can tell you that he has been absolutely shocking these past three games.

Fortunately decided not to bother watching today's game online, went to pub to watch St Pauli getting beat instead,

Sad how the chants of Venkys Out start when we start losing, today's result surely makes no difference to that. Why aren't the chants at every game no matter what the score is?

The V's out chants started before we kicked off and for once we had no argument from the happy lot.

I just wish we had Lambert back and some investment.

Archived