BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vs. Wigan Away

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile your allowed to pull up other posters rather than commenting on the game ..??

Practice what you preach or shut up ..

And this is what Venky's have reduced us to , Blue and White brother, attacking Blue and White Brother. Mission accomplished! :(

Im commenting on the fact that Gav has called out the guy who responded to you as an idiot ..not you ..sober up ..quick

And yet another insult?

• Backroom

BlooBoy, this is indeed 'just an internet messageboard', but consider the timings of your posts. You're winding up fellow fans after another humiliating defeat.

Stop it.

Blah, blah, blah. Glad you guys have got this thread covered! And it's probably time to redefine the term "insult", or tone down those sensitivity gauges.

Meanwhile...

Rovers 1 - 4 Norwich

Wigan 3 - 0 Rovers

Discuss.

Are you suggesting I'm an idiot? For supporting my team? Wow!, just wow! If that is the case, then Admin, please delete my account. The day a fan of 44 years gets a kicking on here for supporting the team is a black day and I it's not something I wish to be a part of.

He's out of order if he had called you but seriously.

"kicking" , "delete my account"

Stop being a drama queen and post without the emotion that goes along with yet another disappointing and humiliating defeat.

BlooBoy, this is indeed 'just an internet messageboard', but consider the timings of your posts. You're winding up fellow fans after another humiliating defeat.

Stop it.

give over Mike ..i thought rovers fans were tough as ole boots ..

Gavs called someone an idiot to taking offence at what Otto had posted ..like pot calling the kettle ..its a place where one can let out frustrations ..well i hope .

first half performance was the worst Ive seen in my life supporting the club.

The players didnt put tackles in, stand off, no pressure on the ball.

Second half performance was better until Wigan scored their 3rd goal.

Stokes and Greer were the only ones who tried at all.

Bogdan was awful and we never make them pay for him being there.

Awful. some thing needs to be done.

We need new owners in asap!!! They are biggest problem.

first half performance was the worst Ive seen in my life supporting the club.

The players didnt put tackles in, stand off, no pressure on the ball.

Second half performance was better until Wigan scored their 3rd goal.

Stokes and Greer were the only ones who tried at all.

Bogdan was awful and we never make them pay for him being there.

Awful. some thing needs to be done.

We need new owners in asap!!! They are biggest problem.

I thought Byrne tried and Greer was awful but generally bang on there Chaddy.

Gav, me old fruit bat at the time of posting there was little between us. We then had a skewed shot which fell to a very lucky Griggs. As for the second, well, Steele should have had that every time! Since then..... Meh! Blind I ain't, but I refuse to stop supporting my team. "Through thick and thin" COYB!

What crap. It was wave after wave of Wigan attacks.

Take out Duffy and even Marshall and on paper we have a really poor squad. But then, even with those two playing, we are crap.

We need new players who will IMPROVE and not supplement the squad. The fans can see it and Lambert could see it.

Meanwhile, Gallagher has been brought in to 'push Graham and Stokes'; Brown is waiting in the wings (probably for Duffy to be sold) to be cover; and Lowe (somebody we need to be on the bench) has been made captain, first choice start and automatic first team player. All of these decisions are down to Coyle. If his hands are tied then he has the choice not to put up with it. Therefore the buck stops with him on the playing side.

As far as the condition the club is in, that is all down to Venkys. If Coyle doesn't walk, he will be in charge for the foreseeable future. The fans still 'getting behind the boys' will accept staying up as success (because they do not look long term and whether this is sustainable). Therefore, whilst we are mathematically not in trouble, they will give Coyle plenty of rope. This means that he will be defended to the hilt so he will have a mandate to continue regardless of results. Venkys will not sack him, and those fans left will not collectively call for his head. Because... "well, what would be the point".

We are all agreed that until Venkys go we not going to improve. The debate is down far the fans will go to support the club. Some think that supporting the club as a league outfit WITH Venkys is the noble way to go, and will stick around regardless of Venkys. Others think that returning to support the club WITHOUT Venkys - even if that means non-league football - is more noble, and will stay away until we are rid of them. The proof is in the pudding.

The only thing we know for sure is that WITH Venkys, things continue to go from bad to worse, that it will get indefinitely worse if they leave is only speculation. So do we want to continue watching league football for a minimum of two more seasons, or could we rally in League Two with Seneca and the Rovers Trust picking up the pieces?

Regardless of ownership issues need to stay in this Division Stuart first and foremost. We haven't been vaguely competitive in the first couple of games and that can't be allowed to continue for long otherwise the players confidence will be shot to pieces as well as us being cut adrift.

Why is there this automatic presumption that things would be better if we dropped down or out of the divisions under say Seneca?. We're still losing 1m per month as far as I'm aware. There's no guarantee at all we'd be significantly better off without extremely wealthy new owners prepared to make themselves significantly less wealthy until things turn round.

I'm not a happyclapper as one of you referred to me as, the performance was shocking today but all I was saying was some of our fans were a disgrace. Some were pretty much on the players backs from the kick off, some real idiots there today I was near the front. Too be honest after that third goal went in I wasn't even that bothered, I've fell out of love with this club big time and I'd take administration and relegation to the northwest counties if it meant venkys were gone. I just felt after going 1-0 down instead of rallying the players a lot of fans started booing and to sing "you're not fit to wear the shirt" when only 1-0 down is shocking. 3-0 fair enough but we really are in big trouble and I don't fancy another away trip any time soon. Shocking day on and off the pitch.

I'm not going to be popular but what the heck? I believe Duffy is a bad egg and quick to blame others for his own deficiencies. He also thinks he is better than he is. I'd let him go if a good offer comes in. Yes we are short at the back but we don't need players who berate their team mates all the time. His inflated ego is a liability not an asset. All that said Coyle was an abysmal appointment and the longer he stays the worse it will get whilst what else can be said about the Venkys that hasn't already been said?

I'm not going to be popular but what the heck? I believe Duffy is a bad egg and quick to blame others for his own deficiencies. He also thinks he is better than he is. I'd let him go if a good offer comes in. Yes we are short at the back but we don't need players who berate their team mates all the time. His inflated ego is a liability not an asset. All that said Coyle was an abysmal appointment and the longer he stays the worse it will get whilst what else can be said about the Venkys that hasn't already been said?

I know what you mean about Duffy, not a leader. Gordon Greer was our best player today and should be captain.He made a few vital interceptions in the first half which would have led to even more for Wigan who we made look like world beaters. Awful day

Why is there this automatic presumption that things would be better if we dropped down or out of the divisions under say Seneca?. We're still losing 1m per month as far as I'm aware. There's no guarantee at all we'd be significantly better off without extremely wealthy new owners prepared to make themselves significantly less wealthy until things turn round.

I'm not expecting guarantees, Rev. But we need rid of Venkys by whatever means.

Even a phoenix club would be better than the way things currently are. But presumably your response means that your support of Blackburn Rovers doesn't extend to one post-admin, or even post-liquidation?

The club we knew is already gone, we are hanging onto a shell. There is no rich buyer waiting in the wings. If there was and it was just a case of waiting out it, then we may be better sticking - short term - but there isn't. We are stuffed.

I take it that you would not take administration, relegation, possibly twice, if it meant getting rid of Venkys? I wonder how many Pompey fans thought sticking with Gaydamak was the way forward? And he brought them the FA Cup!

I'm not a happyclapper as one of you referred to me as, the performance was shocking today but all I was saying was some of our fans were a disgrace. Some were pretty much on the players backs from the kick off, some real idiots there today I was near the front. Too be honest after that third goal went in I wasn't even that bothered, I've fell out of love with this club big time and I'd take administration and relegation to the northwest counties if it meant venkys were gone. I just felt after going 1-0 down instead of rallying the players a lot of fans started booing and to sing "you're not fit to wear the shirt" when only 1-0 down is shocking. 3-0 fair enough but we really are in big trouble and I don't fancy another away trip any time soon. Shocking day on and off the pitch.

I wasn't there today but many, many times in the past the fans have rallied behind the team when we have gone behind but that was when we were a normal club. There is massive frustration amongst the fans and when the first signs of things going wrong are there that frustration comes out and can easily manifest into anger. I expect things to get a lot worse before they get better so strap yourself in, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Duffy is overated that's true and nowhere near as good as he now thinks he is. He's been exposed now the solid guy has been taken from next to him. A beast in the air but rubbish on the deck and always has been.

He is though a lot better than he is now showing and there is a very good player in there if he found consistency and concentration. He has potential but seems to think he's now the finished article who should be in the Prem. No defenders will ever prosper under this clown though.

It's sad when defeats and even administration bring a slight smile to your face as you hope that will spell the end of the owners... that's when we can really celebrate and take our own club back. I could not care less if we lose 20 games in a row... if it means the venkys go.

I wasn't there today but many, many times in the past the fans have rallied behind the team when we have gone behind but that was when we were a normal club. There is massive frustration amongst the fans and when the first signs of things going wrong are there that frustration comes out and can easily manifest into anger. I expect things to get a lot worse before they get better so strap yourself in, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Exactly, we really aren't the same club anymore, so sad too see it really is.

Archived