BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Mansfield Efl Cup

Raya

Lowe-Wharton-Duffy-Hendrie

Feeney-Lenihan-Byrne-Marshall

Stokes-Graham

I have my doubts about whether Byrne is defensively sound enough to play in a two-man midfield, but Mansfield seems like a good place to try it out. Hendrie can't be any worse than Henley last Saturday, Wharton is part of the squad now and needs to be blooded, and I still believe that Raya has enough about him to outcompete Steele.

I share your doubts. That was tried in the pre season friendly and he was not strong enough to play defensive midfield. He is quick and a good passer but needs a minder. Maybe Lenihan can do that job otherwise it needs an extra defensive midfielder with Stokes playing fairly wide to cover the left wing.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same as me. I recall a 1-0 win for Rovers with a Micky Hickman header. The Leyland Blues were directly behind the net when he scored.

Until I saw this thread I thought we were playing Cardiff away tonight.

Please tell me you're already on M4 in the new motor, now that would be funny :lol:

• Backroom

At the risk of doing a Chaddy I'm pleased with that team if you take the squad we have into account

I would have started Feeney but Conway deserves a chance to rediscover his Rudy form

i must be losing the plot

i thought this was the cup we had to field 6 academy players in utill i saw the line up

i was going to go to this too as its quite local to me but didn't know tickets weren't available on the night

Here are this evening's two teams: https://t.co/zvACXa3Xvc

Team is

Steele Lowe Duffy Greer Hendrie Marshall Lenihan Byrne Conway Stokes Graham

Lowe is nowhere near good enough, Marshall should be right back with Feeney on the wing. I'd have also played Wharton instead of Greer as he's 35 and surely can't play every game...

Good lineup in my opinion.

If we aren't winning this then Coyle needs to be asking himself some serious questions about his managerial ability.

Agree.

Got Rovers to win at 11/8 and to win 4-1 at 49/1. Good night to make a bob or two.

Agree.

Got Rovers to win at 11/8 and to win 4-1 at 49/1. Good night to make a bob or two.

I smell some grief tonight and I hope I am wrong. Good luck wit the bet, I would hate to lose money and the game tonight though, so you are a brave man.

He's probably just dropped that bit in to encourage views. More than likely end up slagging the stayaways or something.

He's an MP. He's unlikely to want to upset voters.

indeed. He has put the best foot forward. Will it be good enough? We will know in a couple of hours.

All of his interviews since the opening day drubbing have been about how we need to get a result, bounce back etc.

I personally don't rate Coyle one bit and I'd say tonight is a massive gamefor him. Needs to instill some confidence in both the fans and the squad.

He could have thrown in some youth players and would have had a ready made excuse if we lose but he's gone bold with his selection and gone with a strong team.

No excuses now but could be a good confidence boost for the next league game.

Archived