BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

#SOS (SAVE OUR STANDS)

How embarrassing would it be if somehow the Walkers could get uncle jacks name removed from the stand in a protest at how the slumdogs are killing us ,followed by the rest of the stands.That would make the press sit up.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So then what according to you is their true motive for still being here?

1. Pride ? = There is nothing left to be proud of as you quite aptly put it

2. Money? = I don't even think I have to elaborate on this. Everyone knows they are loosing money left right and center

3. Saving face? = Improbable but not impossible

4. Hope? = Probably a light at the end of a tunnel [They might see it this way but ofcourse we fans cant see any light at all at the moment and rightly so.]

I cannot see any other option.

You are absolutely sure that they do not benefit financially from Rovers losses?

All of the PL income spent, all of the parachute payments spent, all of the outgoing transfer fees spent, AND £100m+ in debt? Coincidentally the incoming transfer spend ceases at the same time as the parachute payments end. It's hard to see how they have actually put any of their own money in.

Let's say you are right though. If Venkys have lost so much and Rovers haven't gained then where is the money?

• Backroom

2. Money? = I don't even think I have to elaborate on this. Everyone knows they are loosing money left right and center

4. Hope? = Probably a light at the end of a tunnel [They might see it this way but ofcourse we fans cant see any light at all at the moment and rightly so.]

5. Skeletons in the closet that would be better off disappearing with the club than looked at by a third party.

If 100mill includes the 100 mill debt, then sure. If 100 mill excludes the 100 mill debt, then you must be mad to think anybody would pay 200 mill for Rovers

FollowAbi83ezo_bigger.jpgDanny Davis‏@Blackburndan@StanCollymore hi Stan if your in Blackburn would be great to chat with you regards the club with all the positives we do on a daily bases.

45]

FollowKZkVlNYE_bigger.jpgStan CollymoreVerified account‏@StanCollymore

Stan Collymore Retweeted Danny Davis

Maybe come up, have a chat on air to the owners about their plans moving forward. Lots of fans concerned. 1f44d-1f3fb.png

Thanks mate.

Things-To-Do_shutterstock_11.jpgSo then what according to you is their true motive for still being here?

Why waste words?!! Welcome back Abbey!

Just a thought but using land that you can pass off as your own to borrow against from somewhere and use to fund the club whilst bleeding out ready cash from it's other income streams. Then said lands get rumbled and turns out not to be yours but you could maybe pass it off as not being your fault, could maybe give licence to wriggle off that hook whilst someone else is stuck with a 50/80 million black hole ?

Not alleging this is actually the case but this is India remember and I doubt anything is rubber sealed and as watertight as it is here. If you were someone like Ali Sayed it's the kind of stroke you may pull.

When I think of Sayed I can't help thinking of fat Barry.

You are absolutely sure that they do not benefit financially from Rovers losses?

All of the PL income spent, all of the parachute payments spent, all of the outgoing transfer fees spent, AND £100m+ in debt? Coincidentally the incoming transfer spend ceases at the same time as the parachute payments end. It's hard to see how they have actually put any of their own money in.

Let's say you are right though. If Venkys have lost so much and Rovers haven't gained then where is the money?

Lets us assume that you are right and that the Venkys have made millions out of owning Blackburn rovers. If that is the case, I am sure every other club will turn profitable for their owners. They just have to follow the Venky's magical formula of stripping their respective clubs of everything and falling down divisions like a stone and voila they will all be making millions out of football clubs, a feat not many have been able to achieve till date. You don't need to hire anyone competent at all. Why take the trouble of staying in the premier league and putting in time and effort when this way is much easier. Right?

5. Skeletons in the closet that would be better off disappearing with the club than looked at by a third party.

Only if they have made money. I what to know how does one make enough money out of owning a football club [legally or illegally] to have skeletons there in the first place. I thought tomphil has said it quite explicitly that unless you are a Wenger, most clubs are like a Rolls Royce, you bleed money from all holes.

1. Hoping and praying that they can somehow magically get to the premier league.

2. Because they do not know how to run a football club. They don't even come to watch the damn game. Clueless?

3. When all hope has been killed that they can ever take us to the premier league or their parent company here in India goes bankrupt or they are offered an unbelievable exit route.

4. Still listening to snake oil salesmen.

Hi Suhail,

I hope you're well and enjoying your new job at Rovers, how are you enjoying the Lancashire weather and your little game of divide and conquer?

Kind Regards,

Strange how the people running the Club spend so much time concerned about what the fans are saying. If they worked as hard at running the Club properly we would be flying up the league. You'd think they had something to hide. Fecking Crooks

Please refer to the Crewe thread to see that fans are already divided.

We are united in our hatred of the Rao's and their ' advisor '

Hi Suhail,

I hope you're well and enjoying your new job at Rovers, how are you enjoying the Lancashire weather and your little game of divide and conquer?

Kind Regards,

its not Suhail... Its Ali, he finally made it

• Backroom

Only if they have made money. I what to know how does one make enough money out of owning a football club [legally or illegally] to have skeletons there in the first place. I thought tomphil has said it quite explicitly that unless you are a Wenger, most clubs are like a Rolls Royce, you bleed money from all holes.

I don't really understand this response, sorry. It would be just as common (perhaps more so) for a loss making enterprise to have skeletons in its closet than one which makes money. Particularly if those losses are somehow being offset.

Lets us assume that you are right and that the Venkys have made millions out of owning Blackburn rovers. If that is the case, I am sure every other club will turn profitable for their owners. They just have to follow the Venky's magical formula of stripping their respective clubs of everything and falling down divisions like a stone and voila they will all be making millions out of football clubs, a feat not many have been able to achieve till date. You don't need to hire anyone competent at all. Why take the trouble of staying in the premier league and putting in time and effort when this way is much easier. Right?

In the PL you need to keep spending money to compete. Football clubs are not a profitable business.

If I owned a football club and was intending to make money, I would sell the assets and not reinvest that income. It's that simple. If I wanted to do it and keep the fans quiet it'd be best to do it slowly, and every now and again do something to appease the fans, and keep them disunited. That way, they would focus on each other and not me.

If I had the collateral and was able to indemnify myself and hang it around the neck of the club, I'd also mortgage any payments and take advantage of whatever tax breaks I could to leverage further cash.

The reason this magic formula isn't followed by other owners (well, aside from a couple who I won't mention) is that fans of other clubs, and the sympathetic media, wouldn't allow it. Liverpool fans wouldn't even put up with season ticket price increases - and the media backed them - with Rovers they picked exactly the right club.

Here's another question for you: When the club eventually crashes, and creditors come knocking, what will be liquidated Venkys or Blackburn Rovers FC?

You seem to be quite sneering about this so please do remember, according to certain leaked documents, somebody saw an opportunity to make money EVEN IF the club was relegated twice.

Please refer to the Crewe thread to see that fans are already divided.

Yes the fans are divided and have been now for running six years. Have you just cottoned on?

You see, when things don't make any sense people get confused. Then start scaremongering, creating rumours, or simply guessing. Until very recently, many fans, myself included, did not know the full level of deceipt and deception being played out in front of us by our illustrious owners and chosen representatives.

Oh we guessed alright, knew some of it and ultimately came to the correct conclusions anyway. But it took a long time and for a while we were allowed to guess, argue amongst ourselves and painfully take decisions about what supporting our club actually meant to us and others.

You seem to be gently stirring the pot along the way. If you have something to say, why not just say it?

Ask Balaji

I can;

5. As an opportunity for Barry Rao to gamble money on events that he has inside knowledge of

6. To spite and punish Rovers fans for insulting them (some attacks on Mrs D have sometimes been vulgar and tasteless, to say the least)

7. Three of them wish to sell (or wind us up) but a fourth doesn't so we are AGAIN stuck in limbo as sibling rivalry takes hold

8. Dark forces (certain agents) have got their feet back under the table and see ways to pick at our rotting carcass through players contracts

9. To eventually work out a way to sell Brockhall and Ewood park to recuperate the money they have lost

10. Any four way combination of the above, as Venkys is a four headed monster and the four heads are never motivated by the same goals

11. They want out but have borrowed so much it makes it nigh on impossible to go without causing them a great financial headache. So they keep it plodding as a going concern run by their advisors/partners and hope to keep finding ways of paying the bills for now.

You might hit the nail on the head there. I am not too sure how much one season in the prem is now worth, but lets assume one years prize money and the parachute money is worth £200 million. Investor pays £150 millions for the smallest club in the prem and moves in. In January all the players earning big money are sold ad that creates two things, a reduction in wages and and funds in for the transfers. Players are brought in of the at league two level and paid wages slightly above that level. They lose all their matches are are relegated and then slowly but sure drop from Championship level to league one or two, or even lower. In addition to this, what if said club are 3/1 to be relegated at the beginning of the season and both legal and illegal money is staked on that very outcome. How far fetched is all that then?

I can;

5. As an opportunity for Barry Rao to gamble money on events that he has inside knowledge of

6. To spite and punish Rovers fans for insulting them (some attacks on Mrs D have sometimes been vulgar and tasteless, to say the least)

7. Three of them wish to sell (or wind us up) but a fourth doesn't so we are AGAIN stuck in limbo as sibling rivalry takes hold

8. Dark forces (certain agents) have got their feet back under the table and see ways to pick at our rotting carcass through players contracts

9. To eventually work out a way to sell Brockhall and Ewood park to recuperate the money they have lost

10. Any four way combination of the above, as Venkys is a four headed monster and the four heads are never motivated by the same goals

By number 5 you don't mean the Spurs game do you by any chance? Does Heidi know about all this?

I'm not sure why this rages on.

Documents even support it. Agents saw way of making a tonne of cash, took it. Left clueless owners with carcass to other advisors, agents and more negligence.

Owners finally say too much, ignore club (as they are oblivious to the idea that it's a priority to many of us) and delegate - ie pasha.

What's the end game? That should be the discussion, ways to achieve it, what we all want or more importantly need!

11. They want out but have borrowed so much it makes it nigh on impossible to go without causing them a great financial headache. So they keep it plodding as a going concern run by their advisors/partners and hope to keep finding ways of paying the bills for now.

Leading, eventually, to number 9 then (maybe).

Or perhaps you are exactly right. Currently the BOI loans are secured against their land assets in India (or so it is claimed on here), those assets are disputed currently (again, so someone on here claimed) so there is their financial headache - to put us into administration would mean they had to sell land they may not even be able to sell. So at the moment it is in their interest to keep us alive (just), but with an absolute minimum of loss to them.

Personally I worry that the end game is them finding a way to transfer the debt to being secured on the club's assets. Then they can sell Brockhall and Ewood, or to let the administrators do this, then they walk away with zero loss. BRFC may or may not exist afterwards, but it will lose it's stadium and training ground.

I welcome being corrected by the way, if anyone can.

We are Blackburn Rovers

We are Blackburn Rovers, We were once proud

We were the faces amongst a vibrant crowd

This was our team, for Rovers and Uncle Jack, we used to scream

We are Blackburn Rovers, We were once strong

Until Venkys came along, and got it all wrong

Garner to Shearer, Dalglish to Souness

Now its Owen Coyle, oh what a mess

We are Blackburn Rovers, We were once were champions

We held our own and didnt spend millions

Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool they all came and tried

But no matter what, we gave them one hell of a ride