BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

He also tweeted:

25m

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore

Well done Rovers fans. Must hurt boycotting games.Quicker Venky's are out,quicker great club gets back on its feet

Amazing, Collymore gets it and many of our supporters don't!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cryer is a bitter and twisted individual. He always harboured anti-Rovers sentiments whilst employed at the Telegraph which were papered over to enable him to go about his day job, but now he's out of the way his hatred of Rovers rises through. I suggest anyone who follows him on twitter should unfollow him. He's a pathetic individual who failed in his position as a local reporter when Kean was wrecking the club, and these days has no inside knowledge of anything. His sole purpose appears to be to try and wind up Rovers fans on twitter. What a sad man.

I imagine that it stems from a massive inferiority complex and chip on his shoulder that a 'small town' club like Rovers has enjoyed success, European tours, trophies, Premier League football for years and years whilst his beloved Bristol City, who some people consider a 'sleeping giant' (yeah right) have never won anything and never come close to mixing it with the big boys.

I unfollowed Cryer ages ago but people keep retweeting him. He's a jumped up little cock nothing more and I don't know why he even bothers with Rovers fans. He's always at it and he usually starts it knowing the responses he'll get.

Best place for him is back down in Bristol reporting for a local rag on non league sides in that area. Penny to a pound that's were he'll end up.

One bit of credit to him though is he doesn't block people despite the stick although I suppose that proves he gets off on it !

He really is an embittered little goon isn't he?

Cryer says we are not very good.. Okay, wonder if he remembers who he supports lol

Amazing, Collymore gets it and many of our supporters don't!

Neither does many of our ex players sadly. If Collymore can support, then where are the 95 team? Why are they silent? Surely Venkys didnt make them sign NDA's right? :D lol

• Backroom

I think 'let down' is slightly unfair in the circumstances

Sorry, I was with Glen at the U23s game and I had offered to put it on the website. Wasn't exactly sure what had gone on RE the filming and it was me just assuming that he had been let down. Apologies to all concerned and your reasoning is absolutely correct.

Cryer says we are not very good.. Okay, wonder if he remembers who he supports lol

Neither does many of our ex players sadly. If Collymore can support, then where are the 95 team? Why are they silent? Surely Venkys didnt make them sign NDA's right? :D lol

Collymore is trying to forge a career out of this kind of no-holes barred sports punditry.

Hope he keeps the pressure up. Chances are that Venkys will just keep their heads down and let it blow over though. They win these battles through attrition as fans and media 'move on'.

Venky's will sell when they want to sell. I don't believe they're sell due to fan pressure. In fact that may make them more determined not to sell in order to "show who's the boss".

My personal feeling is that they will sell within the next year because they don't want to use any of their own money anymore and they won't have any playing assets left to sell in order to cover costs, unlike the last couple of seasons. I think the fact that no appointment for the 'link man' between Venkys and Rovers has been appointed despite it being advertised months ago is very telling (especially as we know who was a shoo-in for the job).

Unfortunately didn't get to go on BBC last night. They were more interested in my reaction to a poor result, so us winning scuppered that.

I did tell him that there will be plenty of opportunities this season to get me on in reaction to poor results, and he has my number now. Shame really.

Venky's will sell when they want to sell. I don't believe they're sell due to fan pressure. In fact that may make them more determined not to sell in order to "show who's the boss".

My personal feeling is that they will sell within the next year because they don't want to use any of their own money anymore and they won't have any playing assets left to sell in order to cover costs, unlike the last couple of seasons. I think the fact that no appointment for the 'link man' between Venkys and Rovers has been appointed despite it being advertised months ago is very telling (especially as we know who was a shoo-in for the job).

Even if you are correct, this means they will make us go through one more relegation before they quit.

Unfortunately didn't get to go on BBC last night. They were more interested in my reaction to a poor result, so us winning scuppered that.

I did tell him that there will be plenty of opportunities this season to get me on in reaction to poor results, and he has my number now. Shame really.

Just shows the agendas of BBC producers. Nothing to do with everything that's going on and the low attendance. Just the match result.

It's more powerful to discuss after a result than a defeat as the latter can be dismissed as sour grapes.

My personal feeling is that they will sell within the next year

I have a magnum With first rate Cava in the fridge and I am not opening until then!

But *why* do they want to win the battle of attrition? Why can't they just sell up?

The worry is that *if* they sell up, will they sell to people just as bad as them?

They'd be fishing in a very small pond to find someone as bad or worse than them.

• Backroom

I'm just wondering if we need to get more personal and attack the family with more vigour? At present they are the faceless owners of Venky's.

The protest vs Wolves must be focused on the Raos. As you said, it needs to get personal.

Was chatting to a Coventry fan last night and some of the parallels of what's happened to them and what's happening here are startling. When I asked how the ones who caused their demise exited he just said when they'd had enough, got bored and left it to rot for a while they just upped and left. No comeback, pockets full without a care in the world !

Basically he says they'll never recover beyond what they are now the fallout will last for decades. Terrifying .

Was chatting to a Coventry fan last night and some of the parallels of what's happened to them and what's happening here are startling. When I asked how the ones who caused their demise exited he just said when they'd had enough, got bored and left it to rot for a while they just upped and left. No comeback, pockets full without a care in the world !

Basically he says they'll never recover beyond what they are now the fallout will last for decades. Terrifying .

Coventry's decline seems to have been taking place over a much longer period than ours. It started about 15 years ago when they dropped out of the Premier League and they are still falling.

What's happening with the Sisu/Otium hedge fund people there? Are they still running the show or are they 'doing a Venkys' and hiding away?

Coventry's biggest problem is that they don't own their own stadium, they are merely tenants at the Ricoh and don't profit from any of the office space or retail units or even burgers on matchdays. Makes it that bit harder for them in attracting new owners and increasing revenues to improve the club.

Thankfully at this stage we don't have that problem as thanks to Jack Walker we wholly own our ground and training facility, which are worth a fair amount.

He seemed to think a dodgy consortium started it with over ambitious plans for a huge stadium for football, rugby & pop concerts. It went pear shaped so they asset stripped to get cash back then left it hanging. Council stepped in eventually and are now only interested in recouping their outlay via rent from football and rugby clubs.

He said there was money flying out all over the place when it started and allsorts of names in the background, off shore funds etc. Like us though non of it can be proved in terms of money trail.

Just shows the agendas of BBC producers. Nothing to do with everything that's going on and the low attendance. Just the match result.

It's more powerful to discuss after a result than a defeat as the latter can be dismissed as sour grapes.

Agreed to an extent - they said they wanted to speak about Coyle mainly. I think they wanted reactions from fans on the receiving end of 'cupsets' (they rang me to ask to speak later at 2-0 down).

I was always going to bring up Venky's, but I think this show was more about reaction to the result.

I said I wanted to speak anyway, but unfortunately didn't get chance. As you said, match result is their most important thing - anyone who knows the Rovers situation would know that current results are just a small distraction from the real battle.

Archived