BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen a lot of chat over the last few days about a boycott having an effect on venky's. It won't. As I have said previously the ONLY way to have any effect on Venky's is to create negative PR for them in India.

What a boycott is good for is to create media awareness in the UK that is also needed but we need to somehow get Indian media interested which is proving extremely difficult.

The financial side of a boycott will have little impact as well, it seems clear to me that Vemky's have made a decision to stop putting any further money into the club (hopefully this suggests they are preparing to exit). They have raised well over £30 million over the last 12 months or so from sales and that figure could rise to above £40 million if Duffy and Marshall are sold and if we receive the 15% sell on for Judge (who looks to be be heading to Newcastle). The vast majority of that has been taken out of the club and I guess used to pay back some of the bank of India debt which is secured against Venky's India assets. Up until now everyone who has come in has either been a freebie or a loan.

The hope is that once the window closes and they have sold all of the players that can generate a proper fee that they will then start the process of selling the club, if that does happen I very much doubt that they will sell to anyone local. They are paranoid so my guess would be that if they sell it will be to someone they know in India or to one of their middle east contacts.

In the meantime go ahead with boycotts as it will generate UK media interest but the primary focus needs to be on somehow trying to generate bad PR for them in India doing that could be a game changer so to speak as they will then know that we can now get to them in India.

That strategy assumes that Venky's are able to make the decision to sell as sole owners of Blackburn Rovers and are not instead a part of a large more complicated financial structure of less than clear/open ownership.

We have historically seen tugs of wars within various fractions who have interests within Blackburn re:signings etc so i fail to see how it can be as clear cut as just hitting India with pressure.

Yes blame Venky's but assume deeper blame and that Venkys' might be tied into not being able to sell not necessarily from sole personal choice.

I don't know anymore as have tried numerous times via various different methods but not had any luck.

Might have to explore the viability of taking out an advert in one of the main newspaper and doing an open letter.

I would certainly chip a few quid in to do that

• Moderation Lead

https://blueyedboy.wordpress.com/2016/08/25/ewood-will-empty-soon-enough-if-leaks-persist/

Fairly balanced piece, and makes some good points about the boycott, but if you're going to call people 'cerebrally challenged' it's probably wise to get the spelling right. :huh:

He's a bit of a self-righteous misery guts with delusions of grandeur that lad (blue-eyed boy). Writes relatively well and speaks SOME sense, but doesn't half talk some rubbish!

This part COMPLETELY misses the point:

"Im Rovers Till Theres No Prospect Of Spending Loads of Money and Being Successful"

This has NOTHING to do with anything regarding talk of boycotts or other #VenkysOut strategies.

Didn't go to the game but tries to make a point that it wasn't any kind of protest, just that he couldn't be bothered. How is that in any way a better form of support?

There are fans who care so deeply about Rovers that they can't bear to watch its destruction, with the destroyers still in charge. Then there are those who care so deeply about Rovers that they will not be driven away under any circumstances. I can admire both positions. But some bloke pontificating anonymously who 'almost went but in the end didn't bother' is certainly undeserving of any kind of credit.

I also wonder what the split of the 3000-odd attendees was between ticket prices. How many were £12 adults, how many were £5 concessions, and how many were £2 kids? A disproportionately low adult attendance when compared to the historic records would, in my view, show a very very low like-for-like adult attendance indeed.

He's referring to me in some of that after I asked him a question and found his answer to be insulting so it escalated from there. Nothing more than a spat and I've saved the tweets as no doubt he's doctored then. He then spent the rest of the night hurling abuse at some young lads who didn't agree with him.

Never doubt he's a huge fan and writes some good stuff but scratch the surface on twitter and a bitter little man emerges. Strange character.

There is much much more than Brunei that was unpublishable by the LT or anyone else for that matter.

Hi Philip - I appreciate that its not printable in the LT, or elsewhere for that matter, but whats to stop someone printing out what they know and leaving copies lying around Ewood on a match day? Or if it somehow ended up with someone in Norway. What a thing to happen that would be but you know what people are like, they just don't care do they.

If you read the Kean contract, you could be forgiven for thinking relegation is the plan and objective is to go down to League 1. The football authorities will probably also be ecstatically relieved when it happens.

Yes we are starved of Championship level players but I have just watched a compendium of goals we have conceded so far this season and the defensive "organisation" is non-existant to criminally bad.

That is either rank incompetent management (I could set up a defence better than Owen Coyle as could any other poster on this message board) or something deeply smelly and dark.

The way he set them out in the first few games is odd throwing in Henley at LB when he's already brought in a lad for left back. Like you say they should be drilled in defence every day in training but it's a rather convenient shambles.

If someone said the plan was to break the club up bit by bit whilst using it's assets, tv, money and debt to run it whilst making a nice %. Then when it's broken down you can rebuild it how you actually want it to either run like your franchise with your people and your logos and hardly anyone left to oppose it or build into something saleable again with a load of young players who cost nothing on the books.

Makes you wonder but personally I think it's the agents/partners who want a model of club they can control and run who they want through it whilst someone helps sponsor the running costs.

Hi Philip - I appreciate that its not printable in the LT, or elsewhere for that matter, but whats to stop someone printing out what they know and leaving copies lying around Ewood on a match day? Or if it somehow ended up with someone in Norway. What a thing to happen that would be but you know what people are like, they just don't care do they.

To be fair, Bob. Plenty would dismiss an anonymous piece of paper unless it was confirmed in the LT.

The LT has a surprising about of creedence as The Truth around these parts. If it can't be printed, it can't be proven, urgo it isn't true.

"they are not bad people"

"the Twitter campaign should be changed from #VenkysOut to #VenkysSortItOut."

These are fans that are still holding out for the £50m war chest Neal, its human nature to be seduced by money and many unbelievably still are in my opinion.

When you talk to these fans all the negative remarks are followed by, they're loaded, or they're billionaires, in the hope that they'll save us by pumping in millions for players :rolleyes:

Never going to happen, but we all want that same thing, we just need to go about it in a different way.

#venkysout

I have seen a lot of chat over the last few days about a boycott having an effect on venky's. It won't. As I have said previously the ONLY way to have any effect on Venky's is to create negative PR for them in India.

What a boycott is good for is to create media awareness in the UK that is also needed but we need to somehow get Indian media interested which is proving extremely difficult.

The financial side of a boycott will have little impact as well, it seems clear to me that Vemky's have made a decision to stop putting any further money into the club (hopefully this suggests they are preparing to exit). They have raised well over £30 million over the last 12 months or so from sales and that figure could rise to above £40 million if Duffy and Marshall are sold and if we receive the 15% sell on for Judge (who looks to be be heading to Newcastle). The vast majority of that has been taken out of the club and I guess used to pay back some of the bank of India debt which is secured against Venky's India assets. Up until now everyone who has come in has either been a freebie or a loan.

The hope is that once the window closes and they have sold all of the players that can generate a proper fee that they will then start the process of selling the club, if that does happen I very much doubt that they will sell to anyone local. They are paranoid so my guess would be that if they sell it will be to someone they know in India or to one of their middle east contacts.

if that's the case that it'll only be sold or passed on to a Indian or middle eastern associate it may be possible that they can't get rid of the club that way so what then?

I don't know anymore as have tried numerous times via various different methods but not had any luck.

Might have to explore the viability of taking out an advert in one of the main newspaper and doing an open letter.

This is where the protest focus should be, Kamy is spot on, take the fight to the Indian media, shame them at the breakfast table.

These are fans that are still holding out for the £50m war chest Neal, its human nature to be seduced by money and many unbelievably still are in my opinion.

When you talk to these fans all the negative remarks are followed by, they're loaded, or they're billionaires, in the hope that they'll save us by pumping in millions for players :rolleyes:

Never going to happen.

#venkysout

I've questioned the intelegence of these sorts of fans before Gav, it seemed to rub a few people the wrong way but some of them are just stupid.

Never going to happen.

#venkysout

The 50 million war chest may have been true though, it was the parachute money borrowed in advance against Indian land I'd wager. Another smoke and mirrors job :rover:

I've questioned the intelegence of these sorts of fans before Gav, it seemed to rub a few people the wrong way but some of them are just stupid.

these are gobby ones who tried having a go at me last year and then run when I stood up to them and I was stuck on the stairs .

I have had a feeling, growing for some time that they have played a blinder here.- getting everyone to focus on the debt, rather than where is all the money going....

Good point.

We have heard, either speculative or via media comments by the club that we are still paying off player who have left some time ago. Players now with other clubs. We must be the only club our there paying such huge wages for the entire length of players contracts so I'm already dubious.

But let's say it's true. If we are still paying them then all of these costs are not included in the already accounted £100m+ debt. So what exactly are the costs that have contributed to this total to date?

He's referring to me in some of that after I asked him a question and found his answer to be insulting so it escalated from there. Nothing more than a spat and I've saved the tweets as no doubt he's doctored then. He then spent the rest of the night hurling abuse at some young lads who didn't agree with him.

Never doubt he's a huge fan and writes some good stuff but scratch the surface on twitter and a bitter little man emerges. Strange character.

Yes I agree a more sanctimonious, pious, self righteous, pedantic, cynical and narcissistic individual I have had the misfortune to see crop up on my social media.

The Accrington Observer's loss is shared with as many he can entreat to bow down and worship this self proclaimed font of all knowledge.

Good point.

We have heard, either speculative or via media comments by the club that we are still paying off player who have left some time ago. Players now with other clubs. We must be the only club our there paying such huge wages for the entire length of players contracts so I'm already dubious.

But let's say it's true. If we are still paying them then all of these costs are not included in the already accounted £100m+ debt. So what exactly are the costs that have contributed to this total to date?

My own gut feeling is that it is a massive scam. Obviously,though, I can't evidence it, but it stinks to high heaven.

I think that is the crux of our problem. Without an investigation, we have no chance-unless, of course, one of the Trappists decides to break his vow. I still have hope for that...but tracks will have been well covered by then.

Yes I agree a more sanctimonious, pious, self righteous, pedantic, cynical and narcissistic individual I have had the misfortune to see crop up on my social media.

The Accrington Observer's loss is shared with as many he can entreat to bow down and worship this self proclaimed font of all knowledge.

Blimey...no recovery from that....

My own gut feeling is that it is a massive scam. Obviously,though, I can't evidence it, but it stinks to high heaven.

I think that is the crux of our problem. Without an investigation, we have no chance-unless, of course, one of the Trappists decides to break his vow. I still have hope for that...but tracks will have been well covered by then.

This surely has to be the focus, doesn't it? "Where has all the money gone?"

Philip or other, do you know how this has been described in the accounts? Is there no 'hole' where the income and spend are unexplained?

Archived