BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But *why* do they want to win the battle of attrition? Why can't they just sell up?

The worry is that *if* they sell up, will they sell to people just as bad as them?

You tell me, Bryan. If I was to guess I'd suggest a cultural issue. The peasants are evolving and all that.

That's not my worry at all though. Another owner "as bad as them" is pretty neutral. However, even that would be a positive because they would have to run the club the way Venkys are today but wouldn't have the continued ill-feeling. Venkys are currently playing it like they have inherited this mess when, directly or indirectly, they caused it. I for one will never forgive them for that.

The 50/50 gamble, from a Venkys-initiated sale (important distinction) is better or worse owners.

What could a new owner do that is worse. Sell the ground? Sell Brockhall? Knock down Jack's statue? Change the kit? Badge? It would be a very easy club for fans to walk away from if that happened. If it were that easy Venkys would probably have done it by now. Maybe they still will. Perhaps 3000 fans is music to their ears. Closing stands for cup games, closing parts of the ground for league games, messing people about? Not a great stretch for them to say that the ground is no longer viable for such a small fanbase and look for a ground share arrangement (and the remaining fans not only agree but blame blue-and-white fan-flight?). Ewood Park could be valuable land for housing. Is a (just as bad) new owner more or less or equally likely to do this than Venkys? Again, only a view that Venkys care about Blackburn or its fans would allow someone to think this isn't already in their thoughts and on their list of assets. Maybe there is a ten year covenant on some of these things being sold but surely that is too Machiavellian even for them.

Conversely, a rich, ambitious, self-important, new owner could have a great platform to look like a hero, resurrecting a fallen form Premier League winning club and bring the fans back. Big challenge. Chances of this are very very slim but not unimaginable. It's the only way Venkys are getting their asking price. If anything Venkys belligerence, perversely, protects us for aggressive asset strippers because they wouldn't get their money back, let alone profit.

If they have/had any designs on sticking around then finding a way to work with Seneca's offer is/was the way to go. Take a back seat and leave it to people on the ground at Ewood. Venkys as silent partners until an opportunity arises to bail with a potential for annual return in the meantime, safely out of the spotlight. Able to claim a success if Seneca turn things around or to blame them if it doesn't.

Even in administration, there is a chance for someone like Seneca and the RoversTrust to come in.

The way this gets worse is if Venkys liquidate us or sell to asset strippers for 1p but that would only be out of spite as they would have to write off the debt completely. Again, surely they would have done this by now if that was the plan? The debt is already beyond recoverable without success on the pitch? Do they really thing they can get their money back with a £5m player sale every year for the next 20 years?

A new owner would be welcome at this stage. Venkys MkII even, only without the blame.

Even if you are correct, this means they will make us go through one more relegation before they quit.

Relegation is probably the only catalyst that will make them sell.

The difference between Championship TV money and Div 1 money is £5M. Venky's can't fund the extra shortfall relegation would bring.

Conversely, a rich, ambitious, self-important, new owner could have a great platform to look like a hero, resurrecting a fallen form Premier League winning club and bring the fans back. Big challenge.

which is probably exactly what the Raos are scared of, makes them look even worse than they do at present.

which is probably exactly what the Raos are scared of, makes them look even worse than they do at present.

Possibly. "If we can't have it, nobody can". Exactly the attitude of spoiled rich kids.

• Backroom

What about a profile page on your site?

I've got a protest page at the moment but is currently empty. I'm waiting on details to be finalised before publishing and sharing.

Going to try and get a shop on the site too with Raos/Venkys Out t-shirts/flags etc but not sure where to even start if anyone can help?

Relegation is probably the only catalyst that will make them sell.

The difference between Championship TV money and Div 1 money is £5M. Venky's can't fund the extra shortfall relegation would bring.

I'll take it then!

I'd like to have a nice long talk with those 3% if not only to try and understand their way of thinking. I am pretty sure most psychiatrists would too.

I only hope the 3% came from no-votes, either by missing the deadline to vote or have simply lost all motivation in us. I'd rather that than they vote to keep Venky's.

This just illustrates how important the actions of Rovers fan groups is. It gives the papers a story to print which will not get them into trouble.

Well done Wayne and the Trust, and the members who voted.

Well done to the Rovers Trust. I would really like ALL the various groups to do likewise and all come together as one to come up with a plan of action that everybody has access to. Getting it on the front of the LT is a start but hopefully a meeting of like minded groups will be in the not too distant future.

Unity is strength.

great statement from the rovers trust, looking through posts on the facebook pages its clear a lot of fans don't get it, the common theme is we as fans are to blame for being negative........

I've come to the conclusion that the Facebook pages are just people competing to be a superfan. They genuinely aren't interested in the long term future and would be surprised and angry if the club ever dig go bust. "Why did nobody do anything?" then they'd look to blame the fans for trying to get Venkys Out. "Well they've gone and now were (sic) in the @#/? hope your (sic) happy now".

Yet I keep being told on here that nobody supports Venkys. A lot do and it's definitely Stockholm Syndrome. "It's not there (sic) fault. We have to cut are (sic) cloth. FFP means they can't spend even if they wanted to. Stop being negative, if everyone just got behind the boys we'd be fine. Boycotters aren't true blues [like me]".

Archived