BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been here so many times before.........information released, hopes rise that press will pick it up and run with it/something will happen....ignored. Hopes fade feeling of further despair kicks in......

Somebody please throw us a line...............

Have a very bad feeling this is how it's going to pan out again.Little protest at the ground yesterday with most inside Ewood appearing apathetic.

A Board and Manager who are towing the Venky line,nobody within the walls of Ewood will raise their voice.

Few outside Blackburn give a shyte to be honest,can't seem to get the National Media on side.

And to top it all owners appear to be in total ignore mode,still not seen or heard of....what's changed?

Frustration mounting,we are up against it folks.

Just catching up on the weekends posts on this thread.

It appears there is a bit of confusion regarding the meeting mentioned in the club statement on Saturday. I was warned in the summer that Mike Cheston is very much a 9-5 working man, for instance when Rovers traveled to Cardiff last week it was reported that no directors traveled. Due to Mr Cheston's preference to work 9-5, he has decided that he can no longer meet supporters groups/forums individually and he will send Lynsey Talbot to these meetings instead.

Mr Cheston then dreamt up the idea that Twice a year, he would meet with a panel of supporters with representatives being invited from, the BRFC Action Group, the Fans Forum, Rovers Trust, NYC Rovers, The Norwegian Supporters club, Northern Irish Supporters club, the 100 club, the Disabled Supporters club etc etc.

We was informed that Mike Cheston and Owen Coyle would be attending these meetings going forward. When i raised the issue of what we discuss, who dictates the topics on the agenda, Mr Cheston informed me that all parties would need to submit the points for the agenda in advance and the club would decide whether it makes the agenda or not.

The first meeting was held on Wednesday July 13th at 9 days notice. The BRFC Action Group declined to send representation to this meeting, as a committee we felt that until the supporters could build the agenda, then sitting in a room to receive lip-service from Mr Cheston about his chosen subjects was fruitless. We did however request that minutes were published from the meeting. I received a copy of the minutes (or notes), however i am unsure if they were published as requested.

Here are the notes I received from that meeting, i am sure there are people on here who attended, who might be able to elaborate more than myself.

Mike Cheston opened the meeting and welcomed the supporters from the various groups. He advised that the club would be meeting with supporters twice per year to discuss their views, opinions and concerns. The club confirmed that the meetings would not be exclusive, they would be inviting representatives from all supporter groups to attend plus additional supporters who were interested in attending. It was important that the meeting was fully representative of the fan base and the club would do everything it could to ensure this was the case. The meetings would be structured in line with current EFL guidance.

· All groups in attendance unanimously agreed that this process was a step forward for the club and should enhance its communication with fans.

· It was agreed that the supporter group representatives should go back to their members and discuss how the club can re-engage with the fans, how we should invite the fans to the meetings so not to exclude anyone, and the way they see their group being represented at the meetings.

· There was a discussion that each group would be offered an amount of tickets per meeting (number to be agreed but the general consensus was 5), it was agreed that, in order for the meetings to maintain some consistency, two tickets from the allocation should always go to the same members and other three given around the group to give all members a chance to attend if they wish. The confirmed number of tickets would be determined following receipt of feedback.

· The meetings would be structured by a pre-agreed agenda and supporters groups would be invited to offer items for discussion 1 week prior the meeting taking place. These should be forwarded to Lynsey Talbot no less than 48 hours ahead of the meeting and the Agenda would be distributed to all parties at least 24 hours in advance.

· As well as these meetings, the club agreed to hold an online survey for supporters to complete in order to gauge fan satisfaction, improve communication and in order to obtain views and opinions on specific matters.

· Additional Manager/Board Q&A sessions for supporters were discussed and it was agreed that this was something that the club would look into.

· Any ideas on how to move the initiative forward should be emailed to Lynsey Talbot by 6th August. The club would then put together a structure for the meetings going forward.

· September and March had been identified by the club as the months when these meetings should be held. However, following internal discussion with regard to fixtures, it was agreed that the l dates for this season would be Wednesday, 5th October and Wednesday, 29th March.

· The meetings would consist of Board representation, the First Team Manager and members of the Senior Management Team dependent on the Agenda items to be discussed.

· The Fans Forum would continue to meet on a bi-monthly basis and Lynsey Talbot would be the club representative going forward.

Heidi Blake has looked through all of the leaked material from last week and also done her own checks and has comeback with “the situation sounds dire but I’m afraid there is no evidence of criminality and therefore it is not something that we can take on, due to our limited resources. You are all obviously doing sterling work on this though and I wish you all the very best with it”.

Heidi Blake has looked through all of the leaked material from last week and also done her own checks and has comeback with the situation sounds dire but Im afraid there is no evidence of criminality and therefore it is not something that we can take on, due to our limited resources. You are all obviously doing sterling work on this though and I wish you all the very best with it.

I was just gonna post this 😞😞

The breakthrough will come. We just have to keep going, we will triumph.

Heidi Blake has looked through all of the leaked material from last week and also done her own checks and has comeback with “the situation sounds dire but I’m afraid there is no evidence of criminality and therefore it is not something that we can take on, due to our limited resources. You are all obviously doing sterling work on this though and I wish you all the very best with it”.

Thanks, Kamy..

I think the best we can do is to catalogue a chain of events and documents etc for people to see. It will be obvious that skulduggery was/is afoot. However, actual evidence of criminality/even FA rule breaking would require an active investigation and resources etc

This may change, if someone with evidence is willing to come forward and go on record...

Keep posting on every forum you visit whether it be Fifa, cooking, others clubs, to shows. Get the petitions and message out there.

I'm talking to several journalists myself fingers crossed one comes off which it will! Just a matter of time.

No story to it for someone like her really especially when it's a club like us. It's an obvious stich up with contracts being written in the best interests of those receiving them and basically writing them themselves. Also clear another agenda and some double dealing at play with extra money finding it's way out for some odd reason.

Morally completely corrupt but the contracts are signed off so not illegal. Legal con job :(

well what now? I hope this is not a momentum breaker. I get the feeling the fans will soon take matters into their own hands.

Chaps,

I posted in another topic but this could be interesting... Apologies if it has been previously discussed:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/blackburn-rovers-business-networking-tickets-26879410039

so basically trying to get more fans into watch games... after 6 years of destroying local businesses, they come up with something like this. Utter Kark!

This is the crux of the problem that we have at the moment; we need a smoking gun. It will be there, it's a matter of finding it.

The only way anything will change is if NOBODY is attending.

I made my decision not to renew after relegation and after attending well over 1000 games not to mention reserves and youth.

I admit I have made the occasional visit since but only a handful.

I'm not telling anyone not to go, its your choice of course, but with no fans what to Venkys own? A stadium and some players contracts?

It won't take long to shift them if there are no fans at Ewood, but while there are still 7000 on things will just continue to slide downhill.

Be creative guys, be clever with banners. There are means and ways you can get it in, without them knowing. Im DOUBLEY sure about that

I always get the Made In Blackburn Destroyed In India into the ground, although they are now checking under coats etc on the Darwen End, be creative and you will get them in. If they want to be pedantic they will ask if it has a fire certificate etc, but once on display they usually leave you to it. I was discussing mine with a policeman and evidence gatherer on Saturday both seemed to think it was a good banner lol.

Most of the stewards are decent enough and only following orders, from personal experience if they do get confrontational by remaining calm and in control, and filming them on your smart phone you will be OK, don't swear, don't threaten, don't give them a reason to escalate the situation and do record or get a mate to do it, that way you can evidence that your behaviour was acceptable.

Just have to keep highlighting the issues and stick together as a fanbase. There is no quick resolution to this.

I respectfully disagree. The news that Heidi Blake has looked at all the leaked documents and said there is no evidence of illegality means that we don't have any meaningful issues to highlight. And highlight to who to achieve what? Evidence of illegality and a massive press exposé might have worked but it seems we don't have the former so will never get the latter.

I believe the Heidi news is more than a setback; to me it signals the need for a complete strategic rethink. Anderson WAS given a remit by Venky's to play a big role in running the club, The contracts given out like confetti were self-serving and repugnant to fans, but it seems, signed legally. Unless we have clearly illegal ones to leak then it's a dead end.

I also don't see the logic of how a boycott can work. Crowds are already down 60%, so what is the magic number? 65%? 72%? I know the response will be 0% but we all know that cannot be achieved. And this is supposed to work because the owners, who never come to see the empty ground because they live and work in a country thousands of miles away, will be shamed by low crowds which will never make the news in said country?

We have a strategy that proved to be a bust and a strategy that can never be executed. So time for a new strategy.

Fans in the ground protesting can be made news here, but that won't hurt Venky's. So who can be hurt The people who precipitated all of this by engaging Anderson to sell the club to himself - the Trust. I think we should get back to making news in the one place we can - the ground - and direct the fire on the Trust, and then see what happens.

Archived