BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

Either way we can't get too hung up on the legalities; we might not ultimately prove illegal practices but we sure as hell can prove the immoral practices and the blind-eyes being turned right to the top of the game.

Let us not forget that our matriarchal owner is a lawyer by education. I never expected to find any illegal wrongdoings. Immoralily would be a different issue however.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wacky idea follows, fair warning.

Okay, so, in the spirit of fan unity, i started thinking, is there a way to unite those still beliving in the "venkys are just naive" platform i to the venkys out cause. Or at least give them something to do they can believe in, and doesnt derail #venkysout, and maybe helps it... and I came up with this...

One perspective has been that venkys just got bad advisors from the sem/kentaro crowd, and are now stuck with it rudderless, etc... the letter part of the documents supports that, to some extent. So, if thats as far as someone is willing to go, then we should encourage those folks to try and help Rovers, venkys, cheston, etc. to find new advisors. Its still pressure for change, it still keeps the focus off coyle, and frankly, if it actually worked and got rid of the sem/ketaro/crescendo.. it might be a setbavk to #venkysout push, but it would still be a huge help to getting rid of some of the rot, and a real JW type at the reigns might give the venkys real food for thought.

Wacky idea follows, fair warning.

Okay, so, in the spirit of fan unity, i started thinking, is there a way to unite those still beliving in the "venkys are just naive" platform i to the venkys out cause. Or at least give them something to do they can believe in, and doesnt derail #venkysout, and maybe helps it... and I came up with this...

One perspective has been that venkys just got bad advisors from the sem/kentaro crowd, and are now stuck with it rudderless, etc... the letter part of the documents supports that, to some extent. So, if thats as far as someone is willing to go, then we should encourage those folks to try and help Rovers, venkys, cheston, etc. to find new advisors. Its still pressure for change, it still keeps the focus off coyle, and frankly, if it actually worked and got rid of the sem/ketaro/crescendo.. it might be a setbavk to #venkysout push, but it would still be a huge help to getting rid of some of the rot, and a real JW type at the reigns might give the venkys real food for thought.

I appreciate your trying but Venky's Out is the only way.

No more pandering.

I dont disagree, Randy. But not all will agree.

Im isolated here in the USA, so my understanding is different, of course, but those folks who wont ever join a full throated "venkys out!" Can still be made useful, just trying to come up with approaches.

Battle never won on a single front or something...

I dont disagree, Randy. But not all will agree.

Im isolated here in the USA, so my understanding is different, of course, but those folks who wont ever join a full throated "venkys out!" Can still be made useful, just trying to come up with approaches.

Battle never won on a single front or something...

The problem is that the Venky's won't appoint someone. It's clear as day. They've had 6 years and a high turnover of staff and still haven't got around to appointing someone. Madam clearly doesn't see a point - she's more than capable she believes. In her eyes why would she need someone to do that when her holier-than-thou self can do it for. She may be good at running a chicken business, even better at selling products to genetically enhance poultry farming (scum) but she hasn't got the slightest clue on how to run a football club. Her and the two morons behind her are the scum of the earth. Whoever they appoint now will not be good enough. They must go. There's no end to this until they go.

Our issues are: A) Getting through to the fan-base that aren't internet savvy. B) Hurting the Venky's outside of football circles because they clearly don't care about what people in the footballing world think. C) Finding the smoking gun to spark an investigation into the criminal acts of Jerome Anderson, Steve Kean & co.

I am getting to the point where I feel real radical action is needed. However I don't have the foggiest what to do. Disrupting their day to day activities as much as possible without breaking laws is difficult, even more difficult when we know they don't give two hoots about coming after us legally if we do. They are hiding something and are prepared to stop at nothing to keep it hidden. They are for all intents and purposes the enemy.

I agree, but if the "venkys are just naive" folks are asked to run intocthat wall, and realize, its not that they are naive.. their tune may change.

Again, my idea is simply, when challenged by another fan who doesnt yet see venkys as the issue, be creative in getting them to see it for themselves.

You can tell someone something 100x, they often dont believe it till they prove it for themselves. Instead of convincing them, get them to convince themselves.

I know people don't want to hear this and it will likely get a "Oh right, let's do nothing then!" irritated reply (or 10) but none of this is gonna do a thing.

The problem is football fans behave like employees of a club, they turn up whatever's going on. And it never has and never will be in Venkys psychological make-up to pay the slightest bit of attention to what their employees are saying. They might listen to customers, but we only become customers by demonstrating the ability, en masse, to not buy what they're selling, i.e. not going to Rovers.

So a sustained, comprehensive boycott of all matches and merchandise might work. Literally nothing else will. All this effort, getting excited, coming up with gimmicks and asking bored celebs to throw us a superficial bone.

Doesn't feel good pouring cold water on this but the whole thing is like watching a tortuously slow train wreck. The cracks are beginning to appear already with peoples surprise that a legal firm couldn't care less about the legendary leaked documents, the club's reaction so far being the usual unconcerned codswallop of lazy "be positive" media statements and another utterly pointless meeting with the fans to express concerns farce, whilst the rest of the fanbase were roused into a protest against Burton with about 1/100th the passion and intensity of even the protests 4-5 years ago.

But the hamsters wheel rumbles on for now. DunnFC flitting from thread to thread scattering promises of imminent victory. The ITKs tapping into the Rovers hierarchy to reveal the soap opera drama of a betrayal by some pointless joker called Danny, a triumphant announcement by the Twitter department who have gotten the latest celebrity to say "yes I agree".

A few weeks, or maybe a couple of months, from now, there'll be a lot of people on here upset and baffled that this whole anti-Venkys campaign has achieved jack. Guess I'm just hoping some warning might soften the blow.

Everyone take a tennis ball. Write '#VenkysOut' on it. Throw it on the pitch at a prearranged time during a live TV match? You'd need a couple of hundred to be effective .... only problem is there are so few attending games these days that the club would likely have enough stewards to do a full bodysearch on everyone prior to the game - so you'd have to get creative at hiding them :)

Bad news from Heidi Blake - however, unless someone has something else that proves illegal activitiy - then we just need to focus on the unfit and uninterested owners, and lack of uk directors part.

Bad news from Heidi Blake - however, unless someone has something else that proves illegal activitiy - then we just need to focus on the unfit and uninterested owners, and lack of uk directors part.

The more I think about it, the more I think the key is to target India.

Affecting their brand in India will be tough and we may need to get set for the long-haul, but I just don't think that anything being done in the UK really matters to them.

For example a billboard next to Venky Towers, and in the main square (if there is one) with their pictures, their logo, and something like "Venkys, an Indian national embarrassment, #venkysout", may have more effect than any media over here.

I know people don't want to hear this and it will likely get a "Oh right, let's do nothing then!" irritated reply (or 10) but none of this is gonna do a thing.

The problem is football fans behave like employees of a club, they turn up whatever's going on. And it never has and never will be in Venkys psychological make-up to pay the slightest bit of attention to what their employees are saying. They might listen to customers, but we only become customers by demonstrating the ability, en masse, to not buy what they're selling, i.e. not going to Rovers.

So a sustained, comprehensive boycott of all matches and merchandise might work. Literally nothing else will. All this effort, getting excited, coming up with gimmicks and asking bored celebs to throw us a superficial bone.

Doesn't feel good pouring cold water on this but the whole thing is like watching a tortuously slow train wreck. The cracks are beginning to appear already with peoples surprise that a legal firm couldn't care less about the legendary leaked documents, the club's reaction so far being the usual unconcerned codswallop of lazy "be positive" media statements and another utterly pointless meeting with the fans to express concerns farce, whilst the rest of the fanbase were roused into a protest against Burton with about 1/100th the passion and intensity of even the protests 4-5 years ago.

But the hamsters wheel rumbles on for now. DunnFC flitting from thread to thread scattering promises of imminent victory. The ITKs tapping into the Rovers hierarchy to reveal the soap opera drama of a betrayal by some pointless joker called Danny, a triumphant announcement by the Twitter department who have gotten the latest celebrity to say "yes I agree".

A few weeks, or maybe a couple of months, from now, there'll be a lot of people on here upset and baffled that this whole anti-Venkys campaign has achieved jack. Guess I'm just hoping some warning might soften the blow.

+1000

So, other than lining yourself up for a told you so moment if things fail, what are you actually doing to help?

Bl00dy hell, bet it's a right laugh round yours at Christmas. If we all had this attitude nothing would ever get done. We may not win, we may get nothing out of this whatsoever but at Some of us will be able to satisfy our sleeves that we did everything we could.

You've made some good points.

The problems that we somehow need to overcome:

- As long as I've a hole in my backside there will never be a total boycott. It. Will. Not. Happen.

- Our squad is the weakest in 25 years and getting weaker. We will almost certainly lose our last two 'assets' before the end of the month. Even if they don't go they are unlikely to be motivated.

- Venkys are no longer interested and, coincidentally, since the parachute money ran out they do not appear to want to 'invest'.

- Despite seemingly being decent people, nobody at Ewood has any control, power or decision making authority but seem to want to chat to the fans - presumably to appeal to their better nature.

- We are losing fans at a rate of a couple of thousand per season (slowing from 5,000 per season).

- There is no buyer waiting in the wings.

- An offer to help manage (and even invest in) the club is being ignored.

- The remaining fans cannot agree on how best to react to any of this - we are not even able to mobilise protests like Charlton or Blackpool (both of whom have fallen into the poorer divisions).

- Barring a miracle, we will join them this season and almost certainly never recover.

- None of the above will change whilst Venkys continue to run the club in the way that they are.

Yey, your in esteemed company, punedickead liked your post 1000 times (not sure it's legal mind).

I will ignore your kiddish JIBE ADA2020 and stick to the relevant content. Ofcourse I liked the post. I have yet to read anything substantial on this MB that even remotely sounds like an effective plan to get rid of the Venksters. Yes, we can all crib and cry which is what we are doing. :)

I have yet to read anything substantial on this MB that even remotely sounds like an effective plan to get rid of the Venksters. Yes, we can all crib and cry which is what we are doing. :)

Plenty going on since the docs became public, but you'll not read it on here, the real fight is not for public forums like this, I'm sure you understand :tu:

Plenty going on since the docs became public, but you'll not read it on here, the real fight is not for public forums like this, I'm sure you understand :tu:

Which is appreciated. But SKH is entitled to his view. He posted his view based on what he saw on here. Obviously one cannot comment on what goes on behind the scenes as nobody knows what goes on. Really. :)

Which is appreciated. But SKH is entitled to his view. He posted his view based on what he saw on here. Obviously one cannot comment on what goes on behind the scenes as nobody knows what goes on. Really. :)

Do you have a plan ?

I'm replying to you not SKHT.

Archived