BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

Its like they are trying to take the mick with that statement.

The 'Board of Directors' - who? So far as I can tell, unless there are some secret board members who haven't been announced, there are only 3 people on 'the Board'. One is Gandhi Babu, a Venky henchman, who is supposedly based in India, concerned only with financial matters, and who never comes to games, never comes to the UK, and has never been seen around the place. Another is Robert Coar, a vile individual who has willingly participated in the destruction of this club by having his name associated with the charade from the word go. He apparently has no power, no day to day duties, and is limited to representing the club at events and on matchdays. When was the last time he raised his head and spoke out? If he had anything about him he would have resigned his board position years ago in protest at what this club had become and joined the other side by going on the radio and in the Telegraph and speaking out.

Then we get round to the only other board member in Mike Cheston, the latest figurehead who, rightly or not, will be in the firing line. The only one of our 'board' who goes near Ewood Park or does a days work around the place, in his short tenure he's clearly attempted to smooth things over with the fans and try to develop the impression of a normal club by releasing a few statements, going in the Telegraph to speak and organising some meetings with supporters. Unfortunately his credibility has been completely undermined by the shambolic appointment of the new manager, which he has admitted was a fiasco in which someone else appointed Coyle, and his admission that he has no idea if any funds are available for transfers or if any more players are going to be sold.

So how are 'the board' going to devote the next two weeks to addressing squad issues when the only active director has no idea if any money is available or if the owners are going to sell anyone else?

The big thing is that the events of the last week have got them worried, which is a start. Two statements in the space of 24 hours clearly aimed to try and take the sting out of fans who are furious at the state of this club.

Unfortunately for Cheston its too late. He can talk until he's blue in the face, so can Coyle. The fans have had enough of puppets spinning their way through a season whilst the villains in India say nothing. We've had 5 years of people like Paul Hunt, Alan Myers and co trying to improve things but getting nowhere because of the people in India. This won't be any different.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have received an E Mail inviting me to the next one and I am unlikely to go. I am happy to order my ticket though and pass it on to anyone who wants it, assuming they are easily transferable. If anyone wan ts it, let me know.

And there you go, I must have missed the open invitation to apply to attend on the website.

(No disrespect 1arC)

Pointless meetings when it's been proven they cherry pick fans. Do they have the balls to meet with the influential figures of the Venkys out movement or will it be another meeting of their cronies?

Besides, we want to talk to the owners not to the lying scam artists keeping things smooth whilst they lavish in the fraudulent riches.

They'll probably try and pick them from the corporate types similar to the breakfast with the manager which plenty came away from telling everyone how impressed they were with him. Still impressed I wonder ?

If they have a mixture of ordinary fans in front of them then they have this odd situation where fans asking them questions actually know more about the goings on at the club than those supposed to be answering !

They just want something to dress up as smelling of roses so it can be broadcast live to the masses on the radio and paper everything over again.

And there you go, I must have missed the open invitation to apply to attend on the website.

(No disrespect 1arC)

A damning indictment would be nobody attends any meeting with The monkeys but we'll meet The organgrinder, whoever that may be!

Cheston knows the problems and the reasons for the backlash so trying to hide behind this can't comment on things that went before line doesn't wash. That's been trotted out by everyone of those before him and it's another reason imo why those running the show keep a high turnover of club officials and mangers etc.

Classic criminal behaviour or deflecting tactics and a cover up job. At the end of the day as the man on the ground in office Mike Cheston aided by that parasite Robert Coar should be on a plane to India/Brunei or wherever and demanding to see those running it.

They should be demanding immediate and positive action to sort this mess out or offer their resignations and state they'll tell the world how this farce has come about and who is responsible.

No excuses that is their responsibility to Blackburn Rovers and it's thousands of fans and the borough of Blackburn with Darwen.

If they can't sort it then do the decent thing and fall on your own swords.

Well put Tom.

Today's result doesn't matter right now. It's the future of the club that does matter with what happens now that will determine whether we continue drifting away or we find something to cling on to and maybe turn a corner. Difficult to be positive but I'm looking at the campaigns so far like #venkysout, getridfor2quid, petition to investigate, and no doubt there are more actions on the way. Thanks and well-done to all.

For ever and ever.......keep the blue flag flying high!!

imv we shouldn't be seen as forcing Cheston and Coar out , but if they were to resign because of Venkys refusal to support the club ...well that would just add so much weight to our cause

I've been commenting a lot of social media posts and am finding a fair few fans who are willing to back the club blindly including the Venky's.

As bad as it sounds we need these to quickly become the minority because the club will end up using these for sound bites just like last time and we will have the split fan base being shown in the media yet again.

Some people I have found cannot be reasoned with despite being provided with fact after fact after fact.

Sent off an email to a football journalist tonight (aus time) appealing for assistance, so if anyone gets a contact from down under, it may start something.

I asked if she (yes) she couldn't help, could she put it to someone who might be interested.

I've been commenting a lot of social media posts and am finding a fair few fans who are willing to back the club blindly including the Venky's.

As bad as it sounds we need these to quickly become the minority because the club will end up using these for sound bites just like last time and we will have the split fan base being shown in the media yet again.

Some people I have found cannot be reasoned with despite being provided with fact after fact after fact.

They're idiots, the sort who would give their drug addled kids smack to keep them happy and so that they are quiet without giving any thought to that they're killing them. They refuse to see the reality.

Did Lambert mention rovers last night, does anyone know?

He did but only very briefly and gave nothing away other than - like at Villa - he and the owners had "different ideas" so he couldn't stay

He also added "there are some good people at Blackburn"

Like who PL?

He did but only very briefly and gave nothing away other than - like at Villa - he and the owners had "different ideas" so he couldn't stay

He also added "there are some good people at Blackburn"

Like who PL?

The tea lady makes a good brew.

imv we shouldn't be seen as forcing Cheston and Coar out , but if they were to resign because of Venkys refusal to support the club ...well that would just add so much weight to our cause

Not a chance coar will resign if he does he loses his cushy job at the fa

Telling me. Some absolute morons out there. I've said a few times on here that I question a lot of our fans ability to think for themselves... They deserve Venkys. Once you get out there protesting it really brings it home...

Exactly, EVERYONE is a sideshow to Venkys.

Telling me. Some absolute morons out there. I've said a few times on here that I question a lot of our fans ability to think for themselves... They deserve Venkys. Once you get out there protesting it really brings it home...

Exactly, EVERYONE is a sideshow to Venkys.

Some guy was arguing with me that Venky's just trusted bad people and that the asset stripping of the club was a necessity. His retort to all my facts was that they bought Rhodes and paid his wages for 3 years so they aren't bad people. They aren't playing with Monopoly money he said. Boycotters are the problem apparently. SMH.

When posed with a load of questions related to the documents and the running of the club, his retort was that nobody wants to buy the club anyway.

It is amazing how in this day and age, how I'll-educated people are about their own club. It hurt my head to even have this discussion with him so I truly feel for those of you who may have to deal with this face-to-face today if protesting.

I think a lot of people just can't be bothered with it all sadly, they just look at V's and say yes they are crackpots and possibly dodgy but we are stuck with them. Apathy brought on by constant disillusionment is the order of the day and some just don't want to bother getting worked up by anything other than what happens on the pitch :(

Just catching up on todays social media fun, seems that today one in particular using the current chaos at ewood to spark their bid for superfan of the decade, no surprise really.

In some other fanbases said superfan would have been sparked out by now !

Just catching up on todays social media fun, seems that today one in particular using the current chaos at ewood to spark their bid for superfan of the decade, no surprise really.

Superfan of Venkys more like.

Basically, if the documents that prove a smoking gun exists, everyone should get behind the cause to legally publish them and get the Raos out, or GTFO of the club and support Burnley instead. This momentum needs to be maintained, so if you are the delusional type who see Venky's as a good thing, or even naive people trying to right some wrongs done a few years ago you are club killers and should be ashamed at your own daftness.

Absolutely.

Coar and Cheston are just picking up wages, its venkys and venkys only that need outing, everything else is just a sideshow and can be used to deflect attention from the main objective.

Once this heats up I fully expect Colye to be sacked, but not until he's done his "Its because I managed burnley routine"

I just hope his sacking doesn't dampen things down like it has done so many times in the past 6yrs.

#venkysout

Basically, if the documents that prove a smoking gun exists, everyone should get behind the cause to legally publish them and get the Raos out, or GTFO of the club and support Burnley instead. This momentum needs to be maintained, so if you are the delusional type who see Venky's as a good thing, or even naive people trying to right some wrongs done a few years ago you are club killers and should be ashamed at your own daftness.

Shouldn't the fact that an agent, or agents were running the club be enough though? Combine that with Steve Keans extremely dodgy contract and it should be enough for them to investigate and seriously question Venkys ownership.

I don't understand why people haven't been pulled up over what is huge rule breaking that affected the entire Premier League. And it's public knowledge!

Archived