BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

I really love the idea. It will hurt them where it hurts the most.

Like they have done to us. I think stock wise that this will hurt as well. The psychology behind a Stocks value is a big part of it. The reputation Venkys will get if this reaches media will hopefully affect the prize of the Stock. If Rovers affects the Stock negatively they might have to sell even With a huge loss.

A Blackburn Rovers stand at the poultry convention. Just brilliant, fronted up by the Blackburn chicken of course .

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've just informed me that it'll be in tomorrow

The statement is a real step in the right direction, and has far more impact than a few miserable old sods like me and Preston Blue moaning on a message board like this.

I've lost count of the number of times I've asked the BRAG hierarchy on here why they don't feel the need to protest, or at least ballot its membership on potential action.

Each time the answer was a firm No, its not on the agenda, can I ask whats changed? is it simply down to the start of this season or has something been brewing in the background for a while that you didn't want exposing on a public forum?

I always tried to ask and reply in a respectful manner, I had no agenda other to try and get these fools from our club, glad the cause is gaining momentum, its got more weight now coming form BRAG :tu:

I've just posted this on the Reds Cafe newbie forum that Madon has been spreading the word on (Madon, if it's not moved to the main forum could you copy and paste it on there please. It's on the nebie thread you started). The reason i posted it is because one of the MU fans mentioned getting the journo David Conn involved so i've replied with all the articles i could find wriiten by Conn at the time of the takeover, and in subsequent years. I didn't realise Mrs D wanted us to be 'the Arsenal of the north' :wacko:

For Glenn and Perth who are doing the timeline thingy you might find some of the articles useful. One thing i couldn't find was the LT article with the Coyle quote about never having heard of SEM. Anyway, here's the post:-

Hello there,
Blackburn fan here. This topic has been moved onto your main forum where one of your members, JohnnyKills, mentions it would be worthwhile contacting David Conn from the Guardian. Conn wrote some brilliant articles at the time of the initial takeover, and followed up on the aftermath:-
Also, a tweet from the guy @SportingIntel who also looks delves into the financials within football (and other sports) more than most. I think his latest tweet is in connection to MUFC. He's well worth a follow:-
The letter excerpt quoted is from Rovers solicitors to Kentaro (see Conn articles). Kentaro, incidentally, had links to the FA:-
The FA have so far failed to investigate the goings on at Rovers, despite meeting with Rovers fans and being presented with a 'dossier' containing information gleaned from various sources. I'm not sure but I imagine the recently leaked documents were part of that as they have been out there for years.
In its Memorandum, FA states one of its main objects as:
…to govern the game of association football with integrity and in doing so will seek to: (i) …preventing infringements of the rules and regulations of The Association and Laws of the Game, or other improper methods of practices in such game, and for protecting it from abuses…
Our new manager Owen Coyle also had links to SEM (see Conn articles). In a recent interview, when asked by our local journo if those links still existed, Coyle stated he'd 'never heard of them'.
And so it goes on...
Could you please post this in the main forum thread as a response to JohnnyKills suggestion.
Many thanks, and good luck for the season ahead.

Sorry, here's the red cafe thread started by Madon that I posted on:-

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/blackburn-fan-in-peace-2-great-causes-1-catastrophic-owner.420916/

Worry not LDRover.

Myself and Birdy had our disagreement 4 years ago over a difference of opinion, but we cleared the air, ironed out any differences and made the peace over a long overdue chat at his house, over twelve months ago.

In fact only on Wednesday at Cardiff, we had discussions about how we come together and plan a strategy going forward.

We are both aware of what matters - and that is Blackburn Rovers, we all want what is best for our club and we're both aware and big enough to put aside any differences from the past.

Great news. Remember being very angry at Birdy etc. for not getting behind the protests, so pleased to see he's willing to work with you guys.

Rovers fans are a passionate bunch - everyone knows how much Birdy loves the club, and BRAG have shown passion in abundance, so uniting behind a common cause is fantastic.

I've just posted this on the Reds Cafe newbie forum that Madon has been spreading the word on (Madon, if it's not moved to the main forum could you copy and paste it on there please. It's on the nebie thread you started). The reason i posted it is because one of the MU fans mentioned getting the journo David Conn involved so i've replied with all the articles i could find wriiten by Conn at the time of the takeover, and in subsequent years. I didn't realise Mrs D wanted us to be 'the Arsenal of the north' :wacko:

Wonder why "she" picked that particular club Arsenal of the North uhmm, didn't a certain person used to be the stadium announcer down there and subsequently started an agency that was very active at Arsenal

Almost as if the scripts were pre written for her to learn from

Is there any legal action that can be taken against an organisation that doesn't keep to its own rules ( FA )?

I know the greasy sods got away with keeping WHU in the Prem. So they are probably untouchable.

• Backroom

For Glenn and Perth who are doing the timeline thingy you might find some of the articles useful. One thing i couldn't find was the LT article with the Coyle quote about never having heard of SEM. Anyway, here's the post:-

Hello there,
Blackburn fan here. This topic has been moved onto your main forum where one of your members, JohnnyKills, mentions it would be worthwhile contacting David Conn from the Guardian. Conn wrote some brilliant articles at the time of the initial takeover, and followed up on the aftermath:-
Also, a tweet from the guy @SportingIntel who also looks delves into the financials within football (and other sports) more than most. I think his latest tweet is in connection to MUFC. He's well worth a follow:-
The letter excerpt quoted is from Rovers solicitors to Kentaro (see Conn articles). Kentaro, incidentally, had links to the FA:-
The FA have so far failed to investigate the goings on at Rovers, despite meeting with Rovers fans and being presented with a 'dossier' containing information gleaned from various sources. I'm not sure but I imagine the recently leaked documents were part of that as they have been out there for years.
In its Memorandum, FA states one of its main objects as:
…to govern the game of association football with integrity and in doing so will seek to: (i) …preventing infringements of the rules and regulations of The Association and Laws of the Game, or other improper methods of practices in such game, and for protecting it from abuses…
Our new manager Owen Coyle also had links to SEM (see Conn articles). In a recent interview, when asked by our local journo if those links still existed, Coyle stated he'd 'never heard of them'.
And so it goes on...
Could you please post this in the main forum thread as a response to JohnnyKills suggestion.
Many thanks, and good luck for the season ahead.

Sorry, here's the red cafe thread started by Madon that I posted on:-

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/blackburn-fan-in-peace-2-great-causes-1-catastrophic-owner.420916/

I've posted it on the rovers thread in the main football forum along with DunnFC post yesterday.

Worry not LDRover.

Myself and Birdy had our disagreement 4 years ago over a difference of opinion, but we cleared the air, ironed out any differences and made the peace over a long overdue chat at his house, over twelve months ago.

In fact only on Wednesday at Cardiff, we had discussions about how we come together and plan a strategy going forward.

We are both aware of what matters - and that is Blackburn Rovers, we all want what is best for our club and we're both aware and big enough to put aside any differences from the past.

What was the difference of opinion the brags had, as we could all see the mess the Venky's and the spiv's had done.

Do we need to get Visa's etc? How long would we plan on going? I'm a firm believer that this trip is inevitable, due to 6 years of totally being ignored on these shores.

Been to India and I need a Visa to go there it took me a little while to do it. I would be up for going as well depending on the time of year. I have seen flights to Pune to 544. What would be cheaper would be to fly to Mumbai and rent a car only 3h away from Pune. Could hire a driver to be fair India is pretty cheap. I had a driver there for nothing at all

What was the difference of opinion the brags had, as we could all see the mess the Venky's and the spiv's had done.

People opposed the action the group chose to take, and they were entitled to do so.

Now is the time for supporters to unite, find a common ground and come together with a strategy, because our club needs us more than ever

• Backroom

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/blackburn-rovers-3259210.aspx

Reads to me like they are running scared. Cheston probably knows that things are rapidly reaching boiling point with the support and he's going to be in the firing line soon.

Laughable. Trying to lecture the fans on how to support the team, when they know full well that the anger goes far beyond simply results. Absolute cretins.

So there are 4 of us thinking of going to India. Me, Glen Mullan, Kamy and roverstdt.

I am away this weekend but will try and contact you good men early next week. After then I think we should go underground and be limited in what we post about our plans. I am happy to pay my own flights but some fundraising may help for hotels incidentals etc for those on the visit. Every time will be accounted for and available for scrutiny.

The trip will not be about rabble rousing but gaining the maximum publicity for our cause.

Worry not LDRover.

Good stuff Mark. It is better to have Birdy on board rather than against.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/blackburn-rovers-3259210.aspx

Reads to me like they are running scared. Cheston probably knows that things are rapidly reaching boiling point with the support and he's going to be in the firing line soon.

The fans have to give 100% but players who Coyle admitted aren't are still being picked.

Laughable and insulting in equal measure.

It is a long time since "sack the board" rang around Ewood

Just seen this (on twitter) Definition of a venky on the urban dictionary :)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Venky

A Venky is a slightly off-centered bipedal organism with a penchant for fruitloops and a tendency to grow mustaches that protrude in a psuedo-terrorist-like fashion.

Wow, look at that guy eating fruitloops. Must be a Venky.

"So, if you have Blackburn Rovers at heart, back the boys and make plenty of noise."

Ram it.

Make plenty of noise by shouting Venky's Out and so on.

If you do get to that chicken convention point out how the British market is closed for Venky's as they have made themselves look like idiots and crooks since taking over Rovers. And that associated companies will look as bad.

Archived