BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it looks as if the Ewood Blues are now on board...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Dom_Hop/status/766207374021496832

Its about time the penny dropped, as for him being Rovers greatest ever fan, not even close for many reasons, but its not a character assassination exercise, glad he's/them are finally on board, pity it took so long.

• Backroom

The Man Utd fans on that messageboard are a credit to their club. Nothing but positive comments and have even had a PM saying that one of their cousins fella is Jason Roberts and he will have a word for us.

Another site might be the US based Big Soccer. I had a look at the Houston Dynamo page, and they're all having a chuckle at our expense as they held Coyle in as high a regard as we do. I did post about how he was not welcome, and how nefarious influences may have relieved them of his employment, and how they may be running the show since 2010.

Totally agree with this Stuart. They are in India and will simply ignore what goes on in our media or on social media. As with all stories, the news cycle will move on - the future of Joe Hart/Olympics/Pep/the United rival are clearly the main issues for much of our sporting media at the moment. Brexit/Labour Party/American elections/terrorism etc. will keep us off the main news pages. The further we drop down the leagues the less of a story we become. The bottom line is that nobody can make them sell and clearly they have reasons of their own for keeping the club. I've felt for some time that we are simply a business that they have parked to one side but that they are still using it for some beneficial financial purpose in some way in some part of the world. The whole issue of foreign ownership needs looking at by the F.A. but we all know that they aren't going to delve into anything that might be too controversial. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect a month from now the only folk bothered about the Rovers will be the long suffering supporters.

Bit late on the thread today, so suspect someone may have already said the same thing as I'm going to say now.

You sound a little bit defeatist on the subject, Parson and seem like you have resigned yourself to Rovers fans being unable to apply pressure to these @#/? wits?

You maybe right but at least some of us will be able to say we tried, even if we are unsuccessful in our objectives.

What do you have to lose?

Bit late on the thread today, so suspect someone may have already said the same thing as I'm going to say now.

You sound a little bit defeatist on the subject, Parson and seem like you have resigned yourself to Rovers fans being unable to apply pressure to these @#/? wits?

You maybe right but at least some of us will be able to say we tried, even if we are unsuccessful in our objectives.

Good post.

Where there's a will there's a way. And by God is there a will among us all now.

Just seen what the United fan based in India posted. Unbelievable but really doesn't surprise me with Venkys.

I have been to Venky stores in India where all the walls had posters of the team with "First company to own the English Premier League" (yes you read that right) written on it. It's clear as day that they have no clue whatsoever of running a professional football club and how the communities where the club resides depend on it for their livelihood and economy.

Just seen what the United fan based in India posted. Unbelievable but really doesn't surprise me with Venkys.

And herein lies the crux - this is attracting a lot of attention on the forum and hopefully in the wider football community but until we start embarrassing these weevils back in India and cause them to lose face then this will not work - too many factors not least the media against us

Trip to Pune anyone ?

Good shes made a statement, not sure she understands that we aren't whinging about not spending any money.

Might have to go to one of her surgeries and explain the situation in capital letters

And herein lies the crux - this is attracting a lot of attention on the forum and hopefully in the wider football community but until we start embarrassing these weevils back in India and cause them to lose face then this will not work - too many factors not least the media against us

Trip to Pune anyone ?

Manchester Mumbia direct flight then train from VT to Pune central. I have a contact who will show anyone around Pune

Sorry for quoting myself but,

It's not a rhetorical question, what DO we have to lose?

Just get behind the lads? There's not going to be a team to get behind in a few years, the way these charlatans are driving our club into the dust.

We don't know their ultimate intention. It maybe liquidation. It maybe plummeting through the leagues till no one cares enough to look closer. Whatever it is, it's not going to be in the clubs interest. We need to do everything in our power to get this disease out of OUR club.

'Getting Behind The Lads' Is no longer acceptable. I understand it's a little unpallatable for some people to protest in this way but sometimes we have to get out of our comfort zone for the things we truely believe in.

For anyone not considering protesting, you really need to wake the @#/? up.

Sorry for quoting myself but,

It's not a rhetorical question, what DO we have to lose?

Just get behind the lads? There's not going to be a team to get behind in a few years, the way these charlatans are driving our club into the dust.

We don't know their ultimate intention. It maybe liquidation. It maybe plummeting through the leagues till no one cares enough to look closer. Whatever it is, it's not going to be in the clubs interest. We need to do everything in our power to get this disease out of OUR club.

'Getting Behind The Lads' Is no longer acceptable. I understand it's a little unpallatable for some people to protest in this way but sometimes we have to get out of our comfort zone for the things we truely believe in.

For anyone not considering protesting, you really need to wake the @#/? up.

I've often thought that some fans don't mind how bad it gets and are happy to talk of our 'natural level'. It's like they'll wear it like a badge that they were there in the dark times, I don't understand it.

The same fans have always talked of the division in the fanbase but now that we've truly got something to unite behind they've gone strangely quiet. It's like it's upset their agenda and the status quo suits just fine. There can be no excuse not to get behind this movement to expose 'the owners' - none whatsoever.

Trip to Pune anyone ?

More than happy to go to Pune and pay my own way.

Would rather another Rovers fan also participate. We will not get near the V's but it may get media coverage in the UK and India.

Might have to go to one of her surgeries and explain the situation in capital letters

Manchester Mumbia direct flight then train from VT to Pune central. I have a contact who will show anyone around Pune

Maybe thats what the fundraising should be directed towards....................

Been away for a few days.

Can someone tell me, so I don't need to trawl through tens of pages, if anything of significance has happened.

One bit of excellent news, if it proves to be correct, heard tonight Lowe will not captain the team on Saturday.

• Backroom

Maybe thats what the fundraising should be directed towards....................

I've already told East Lancashire Hospice about the money and hundreds of people have already donated to that cause. If you fancy setting up a different page I'll happily chuck a few quid in though.

Been away for a few days.

Can someone tell me, so I don't need to trawl through tens of pages, if anything of significance has happened.

One bit of excellent news, if it proves to be correct, heard tonight Lowe will not captain the team on Saturday.

There's an interview

Archived