BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

Could you imagine the two ians being owners, JW back as CEO, Goodman as Finance Director and Mullan as non-exec director representing the fans on the board.

I know you Neal for a fact wouldn't!

He is a genuine guy , think the publication of his letter allegedly by dark forces damaged his stock a bit.

Hope someone gets him on board. Was highly rated at Leicester.

He did seem very professional, I was impressed he took the time to speak to me at length but was at the club in a very difficult time. He seems to be a bit a forgotten man in all this but hopefully if he was approached he would get involved or speak out.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular/capable manager removed/pushed out and replaced with unpopular/unworthy manager who will take the blame for the unfolding chaos and put up with the rubbish without complaint (replace Allardyce-Kean for Lambert-Coyle).

One thing that really does frustrate me is the amount of flack Allardyce and Lambert both got from sections of supporters, the elation when they're discarded, and then the hindsight that we probably should have stuck with them we we are in the plop.

Truly truly remarkable.

One thing that really does frustrate me is the amount of flack Allardyce and Lambert both got from sections of supporters, the elation when they're discarded, and then the hindsight that we probably should have stuck with them we we are in the plop.

Truly truly remarkable.

Agree 100 percent on Lambert. Big Sam was slightly different, we were still optimistic about the takeover (think we were wrong on that one) and although we were comfortable under Big Sam, it wasn't pretty watching his team and i personally never felt he would take us on to another level, which Souness and Hughes had done.

New owners always bring their own man in, mangers just don't survive takeovers. Never in a million years did anyone think we would appoint Kean and buy the dross that we did. If we had sensible new owners, who had come in and sacked Sam and brought in a quality gaffer and given him cash then getting rid of Big Sam wouldn't have looked bad. But as we know, that didn't happen.

Even if he had stayed under the new owners, the plan to sell and replace players with lesser quality would still have led us to where we are now, he might just have kept us up another season or two.

Lambert was the stranger one, as they appointed him, he told them what we needed and they thought better of it.

Agree 100 percent on Lambert. Big Sam was slightly different, we were still optimistic about the takeover (think we were wrong on that one) and although we were comfortable under Big Sam, it wasn't pretty watching his team and i personally never felt he would take us on to another level, which Souness and Hughes had done.

New owners always bring their own man in, mangers just don't survive takeovers. Never in a million years did anyone think we would appoint Kean and buy the dross that we did. If we had sensible new owners, who had come in and sacked Sam and brought in a quality gaffer and given him cash then getting rid of Big Sam wouldn't have looked bad. But as we know, that didn't happen.

Even if he had stayed under the new owners, the plan to sell and replace players with lesser quality would still have led us to where we are now, he might just have kept us up another season or two.

Lambert was the stranger one, as they appointed him, he told them what we needed and they thought better of it.

Money flow in the wrong direction

http://www.unilad.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn-rovers-fans-hit-back-at-venky-family-while-raising-money-for-charity/

My sister runs the unilad sport page and I have worked with her to put an article up summarising our plight. They have 17million followers so some great exposure! Couldn't go to aggressive with the leaked documents unfortunately but should be enough to make people think and look.

Please feel free to share and comment !

Truly truly remarkable.

Whats truly truly remarkable is your frustration at the supporters and not at the real villains the owners, the ones who actually sacked them :rock:

http://www.unilad.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn-rovers-fans-hit-back-at-venky-family-while-raising-money-for-charity/

My sister runs the unilad sport page and I have worked with her to put an article up summarising our plight. They have 17million followers so some great exposure! Couldn't go to aggressive with the leaked documents unfortunately but should be enough to make people think and look.

Please feel free to share and comment !

Another good article. The pressure is starting to mount

I have met many people in football and without exception John Williams was the most honourable person that I have come across within the game. He was and still is very highly regarded.

He could have walked at anytime, in fact he was very close to walking when Big Sam was sacked. However, he swallowed his pride and for the sake of the club stuck around for a few more months to see if there was anyway he could get the Rao's to see sense. When it became patently clear that they were not going to listen to what he had to say he decided to call it a day.

It was very difficult for him and the others like Tom Finn to sit there with their hands tied seeing what they had worked so hard to create over 10 years be destroyed.

It wasn't John or Tom's decision to sell to the Rao's it was the trust. They had very little influence on the final decision, that was all down to the Walker Family who wanted to sell the club and take whatever money they could get. What can you do when perspective owners lie during the sale process and say they want to maintain the management structure etc.

Anderson wasn't an unknown quantity though, far from it. I've often wondered who brought him in and why on earth they thought he would be an honest broker. If I had to choose between a fusty probate lawyer in St. Helier, a disengaged bunch of London business consultants or the chairman of the club who had sat across the table from Anderson countless times negotiating contracts, I know who I would bet on having brought him in.

Whats truly truly remarkable is your frustration at the supporters and not at the real villains the owners they who actually sacked them :rock:

Certainly feels like a shift towards the real villains in all of this, the owners. Been worried that it would turn into a Coyle witch hunt, we have to treat him as if he doesn't exist. The manager, players and even results sadly don't matter to us. Only one game in town, the removal of the owners.

Well using that argument you could sack absolutely ANY successful manager because you expect the club will always find better. That's the whole argument isn't it?

BTW, SAMs pointing and laughing at YOU speediedived. :)

Well using that argument you could sack absolutely ANY successful manager because you expect the club will always find better. That's the whole argument isn't it?

BTW, SAMs pointing and laughing at YOU speediedived. :)

And he is within his rights to do so :-)

Your argument is there is no better manager out there than Big Sam, everyone is a step down after him? It's all irrelevant now as we know what happened.

My point is, in 99% of takeovers managers are replaced. Wolves have sacked Jackett, Newcastle sacked big sam (i am pointing at him now :-) Chelsea sacked Ranieri etc. You just have to appoint the right man after. Steve Kean was not that man.

Whats truly truly remarkable is your frustration at the supporters and not at the real villains the owners, the ones who actually sacked them :rock:

I vented my frustration directly at Cheston at that Supporters Summit thing a few weeks back.

I'm furious with them for sacking Sam and for putting Lambert in that position.

EDIT: Obviously I mean Lambert in the position he found himself in. Not the managerial position. That was a coup, considering the sort of platform this club is on now.

I've asked one question who signed k eans contract ,as for Gav remember a dark night ln ankara.

You need to engage brain before opening gob. Assuming you aren't deliberately trying to derail things.

Do you really think that the contract you have seen recently is the one JW signed?

You do recall the letter that Williams and Finn wrote?

Are you really that green?

Something else to mention and I don't know if it is relevant or where I might be going with this but I am reliably informed that Jerome Anderson was at Northcote Manor last Wednesday. My friend who was there at the time actually messaged me on the day and before all of this started to gather momentum. I don't know why it escaped my mind before. I have pushed him to confirm he is 100% sure it was JA and he insists it was. Accompanied by an 'entourage' so I am told but no-one my friend recognised.

The proximity to Brockhall and to the homes of other club staff may be a co-incedence, and maybe anyone with connections to the establishment can confirm anything further but it certainly felt worth mentioning.

Something else to mention and I don't know if it is relevant or where I might be going with this but I am reliably informed that Jerome Anderson was at Northcote Manor last Wednesday. My friend who was there at the time actually messaged me on the day and before all of this started to gather momentum. I don't know why it escaped my mind before. I have pushed him to confirm he is 100% sure it was JA and he insists it was. Accompanied by an 'entourage' so I am told but no-one my friend recognised.

The proximity to Brockhall and to the homes of other club staff may be a co-incedence, and maybe anyone with connections to the establishment can confirm anything further but it certainly felt worth mentioning.

This is true, was also told this yesterday

Archived