BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

If I can read his text, his point seems to be that Williams should have quit instead of being party to Kean being made manager, and this makes him as bad as any venky, sem, kentaro, crecendo person.

Again, i think its a fairly naive and poor statement, but views are views.

I would say, I dont doubt JW loved the club. I think he felt he could eventually turn the tide and get Rovers back on stable footing. Folksnin that role relish challenges and trust their abilities to see their organization thru the rough patches.

I believe he thought he could turn it around even after writing that letter to Desai, if given a chance. Only once he saw that he was never going to be given the chance, did he exit.

I disagree that JW should have left when Kean was thrust upon him. Many had bad feelings about the new regime crom moment 1, but that was so early. For JW to resign at that moment, he would have had to be able to foresee all that was to come at that instant. I dont think he could.

If i quit my job everytime a manager or boss above me made a decision i disagreed with, I'd have had hundreds of careers and jobs by now.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps we could hire some of those HGV trailers that you see dotted at the side of motorways in fields with adverts on them.

Venkys out ! Every few miles at the side of the M6/1/5 would certainly catch the eye.

It would be great but the six fingered freaks would alter them.

Its not a fair point at all, in fact its complete and utter bunkum, bit like you backing kiwi earlier today :rock:

John Williams was probably Jack Walkers best signing ever, just because he signed a NDA doesn't reflect badly against the guy at all.

Courting controversy for the sake of it does you no favors, we have so much to complain about, John Williams isn't part of that process.

I wasn't courting controversy for the sake of it. I posted my opinion. Just like others posted their opinion on amultitude of topics. Thet's MB's for you. Stop looking for things toi get upset about. Trying to run the board to your satisfaction does you no favours, nor does the tedious use of the word 'bunkum'. So jog on, as the saying goes.

Usually an NDA will need to state in which courts it can be enforced. If the courts of one country are given exclusive jurisdiction then an 'unauthorised disclosure' in another Country would mean nothing, the NDA would be null, therefore if someone was to pass 'information' onto a 'friend' in the USA (NYC Rovers) and they published this information, then the NDA would mean nothing, if US jurisdiction isn't specified within the agreement.

I wasn't courting controversy for the sake of it. I posted my opinion. Just like others posted their opinion on amultitude of topics. Thet's MB's for you. Stop looking for things toi get upset about. Trying to run the board to your satisfaction does you no favours, nor does the tedious use of the word 'bunkum'. So jog on, as the saying goes.

Bunkum :tu:

I've asked one question who signed k eans contract ,as for Gav remember a dark night ln ankara.

Wasn't you that hit me in the head with that bat was it :wacko:

Ankara or not, John Williams is the last person we should have a gripe with, even if he did sign that rats contract.

Bunkum :tu:

Wasn't you that hit me in the head with that bat was it :wacko:

Ankara or not, John Williams is the last person we should have a gripe with, even if he did sign that rats contract.

aND there we have it JW is as bad as the rest,I rest my case.

• Moderation Lead

aND there we have it JW is as bad as the rest,I rest my case.

As the CEO at the time, what else was he supposed to do.?! Sorry, you're on the wind-up and you're not very good at it. Stop it.

Did anyone catch Talksh1te this morning?

Did we get any airtime from Colin Murray?

As the CEO at the time, what else was he supposed to do.

Wouldn't surprise me if King rat signed off on his own contract or got the fat spiv to do it.

I have met many people in football and without exception John Williams was the most honourable person that I have come across within the game. He was and still is very highly regarded.

He could have walked at anytime, in fact he was very close to walking when Big Sam was sacked. However, he swallowed his pride and for the sake of the club stuck around for a few more months to see if there was anyway he could get the Rao's to see sense. When it became patently clear that they were not going to listen to what he had to say he decided to call it a day.

It was very difficult for him and the others like Tom Finn to sit there with their hands tied seeing what they had worked so hard to create over 10 years be destroyed.

It wasn't John or Tom's decision to sell to the Rao's it was the trust. They had very little influence on the final decision, that was all down to the Walker Family who wanted to sell the club and take whatever money they could get. What can you do when perspective owners lie during the sale process and say they want to maintain the management structure etc.

I see a wedge being driven into unity, here folks.

Discuss if you must, but, can we focus on the real issues.

I get his general skepticism of anyone attached to the club in the last 6 years. Although I think its highly misplaced, questions arent all bad, as long as they are well intentioned.

Inform kiwi, but dont attack, keep the powder dry for the real targets, venkys/Sem. (Sorry, i had to drop at least one bad joke).

Yep classic diversion tactics at play here. There was an Indian guy on twitter the other week putting a lot of blame on him, in his words "your precious John Williams" !

Blaming previous executives and such like. He seemed to know an awful lot about about the Venky side of things and the finances but nothing about the characters actually involved or the football stuff.

Deffo came across as a Venky insider and if that's the view they have of things over there which I suspect they do it's no wonder we've hit brick walls. I suspect this may be him.

'Not our fault, someone else's' seems the mantra.

Where's the So called Rovers Trust /Action Group in all this? Seems that some funding and PR expertise is needed to maximise this letter/scandal. Where's Wayne Wild and his crew, he should be more vocal and using leverage for PR etc.....

Some of them working hard in the background I would think.

It would be great but the six fingered freaks would alter them.

They've already been claiming that all this is the work of a Burnley fan on the inside. Apparently Burnley Bob even has 100% clarrot tattooed on him somewhere.....

I have met many people in football and without exception John Williams was the most honourable person that I have come across within the game. He was and still is very highly regarded.

He could have walked at anytime, in fact he was very close to walking when Big Sam was sacked. However, he swallowed his pride and for the sake of the club stuck around for a few more months to see if there was anyway he could get the Rao's to see sense. When it became patently clear that they were not going to listen to what he had to say he decided to call it a day.

It was very difficult for him and the others like Tom Finn to sit there with their hands tied seeing what they had worked so hard to create over 10 years be destroyed.

It wasn't John or Tom's decision to sell to the Rao's it was the trust. They had very little influence on the final decision, that was all down to the Walker Family who wanted to sell the club and take whatever money they could get. What can you do when perspective owners lie during the sale process and say they want to maintain the management structure etc.

all good then but he signed jeans contract,end off the day he looked after no 1,I know most posters will not like it but JW has just been like the rest, took the cash and flew.

all good then but he signed jeans contract,end off the day he looked after no 1,I know most posters will not like it but JW has just been like the rest, took the cash and flew.

You're not related to Rev, are you?

Who is this jean of whom you speak?

You are obviously trying to stir the pot.

John Williams was Rovers through and through.

As soon as the dark lords landed he was undermined, cut out of the equation and belittled. I don't think I would stick around to witness the carnage unfold in those circumstances..

Your assertions are without foundation and I think you should stick to what you know, or just stick it perhaps?

What really annoys me is how quiet the Venkys have been over the last couple of seasons, ok they were quite embarrasing when they 1st took over and were in the press every week with there over the top dreams, but since then they have not been in contact with the fans/press at all.

What really annoys me is how quiet the Venkys have been over the last couple of seasons, ok they were quite embarrasing when they 1st took over and were in the press every week with there over the top dreams, but since then they have not been in contact with the fans/press at all.

Obviously went completely to ground for some reason nearly two years ago. Don't think that reason has quite totally unfolded yet but we've been getting an idea since last summer.

Tried to explain Rovers things to mate who supports Arsenal. It's so hard to try explain things which makes absolutely no sense.

Meanwhile I realised how great would it be to have our club back and see things getting normal again. It's safe to say it takes a decade to be a PL club again even the idiots left today. Once we are back there the fans will be 12th player.

Fair point about Williams. He's said nothing since he's left. Signing an NDA isn't manadatory (if that is the reason he didn't speak) I'd imagine if he'd spoken out he wouldn't have been trusted within a large organisation ever again. So, I don't blame him for not speaking out but lets not turn him into a scared cow.

JW would probably have had a NDA or equivalent as part of his contract with him being the chairman of a company.

Archived