BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

no wind up tell me why JW gets away Scott free,I'm not into you guys bullish me ,I've been to more rovers games on here,just answer why JW gets away Scott free.

JW had nothing to do with Venky's taking over and nothing to do with Kean's appointment. These decisions were all made over his head, as mentioned in the Board's letter to Venky's.

I imagine JW stuck around trying to get some sense into the V's and trying to return the club to normality. He was unable to do so as the takeover had stripped him and the rest of the board of any real power.

You're barking up the wrong tree, mate.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no wind up tell me why JW gets away Scott free,I'm not into you guys bullish me ,I've been to more rovers games on here,just answer why JW gets away Scott free.

He's generally thought of as a legend for us for the 10+ years in helping us make the right decisions for the the club. Decisions that improved us and kept us in a league we probably shouldn't have been as competitive in! He hired great managers, made a couple of mistakes that he dealt with.

He left after having his hands tied and then relieved! He never owned anything, he was marginalised early doors under the Raos - the letters prove that.

Could he have come out and said what was going on? Maybe that's the only criticism - but there's a hell of a lot of people who've done the same thing.

The fact he's been hired by a prem team to be their chair says enough about what he did here. He gets off "Scott free" because he is not responsible for any mistakes!

Myself, PerthBlue and Kamy are working on this, but what started as something that would take an hour to put together is currently growing and growing and has taken up the last 3 evenings. The timeline is already 85 items of interest long and we've not gone much beyond the end of 2012 yet!!

We (ok, Perth) in the process of doing this has noticed one or two previously unmentioned connections. No smoking gun, but something that made us both go hmmmmm.

I can imagine, Glenn. I dont envy that task, just thinking about what i might try to type up as a quick tutorial was daunting enough, and from 3000 miles away, I bet I only know a fraction of the whole story.

Not to 2nd guess the effort, but, perhaps if might be "easier" to make 2 summaries... one being "the idiots guide", the 1 hour project, just a bare bones timeline of the major events and major names. For the random media member in another country who doesnt even yet know who JA or Kean are/were as an example. Then the full one you guys are working on, which will be vital, and as you already seem to see, might highlight a few more threads to pull on.

So generally 2-5 years but some things may remain confidential for ever UNLESS they become public. That's interesting :)

Very interesting - all it takes is for somebody to blow their load with the contents of an NDA for it to be null & void. Said person would likely be sued for everything they've got though.

:) Good post. I think.

Where is that bloody Enigma machine?

Typical reply if you don't follow the message board line, I hate venkys more than most,but if you don't realize people who you thought were onside with the fans,just did the same as every other e else and took the money.

Scott Dann?

Very interesting - all it takes is for somebody to blow their load with the contents of an NDA for it to be null & void. Said person would likely be sued for everything they've got though.

I didnt read the link, and I'm not a lawyer, but do you also have whistle-blower protection laws, as we do in the states. Might not apply unless there are stark illegality items to uncover (like financial shenanigans), but that is usually an out around NDAs, i think.

Cant be bound by a document/contract to keep quiet about a crime... i think.

• Moderation Lead

JW gets away scott free as he quit the club in protest at being driven out by Venky's.

He was not to blame in the slightest and guided us through a very good period of our club's recent history. Surprised that needs to be clarified to be honest.

After working for some horrors and evidencing their conduct, I settled outside of court and I am bound by one. Even openly criticising a former employer would be expensive (and I certainly didn't settle for a footballer's salary). I regret signing mine but unfortunately,financial commitments and circumstances dictate a lot in life.

Fair point about Williams. He's said nothing since he's left. Signing an NDA isn't manadatory (if that is the reason he didn't speak) I'd imagine if he'd spoken out he wouldn't have been trusted within a large organisation ever again. So, I don't blame him for not speaking out but lets not turn him into a scared cow.

I see a wedge being driven into unity, here folks.

Discuss if you must, but, can we focus on the real issues.

I get his general skepticism of anyone attached to the club in the last 6 years. Although I think its highly misplaced, questions arent all bad, as long as they are well intentioned.

Inform kiwi, but dont attack, keep the powder dry for the real targets, venkys/Sem. (Sorry, i had to drop at least one bad joke).

I see a wedge being driven into unity, here folks.

Discuss if you must, but, can we focus on the real issues.

I get his general skepticism of anyone attached to the club in the last 6 years. Although I think its highly misplaced, questions arent all bad, as long as they are well intentioned.

Inform kiwi, but dont attack, keep the powder dry for the real targets, venkys/Sem. (Sorry, i had to drop at least one bad joke).

Well said

Who let Balaji/Blue Kiwi on here?

John Williams is a tangential topic and I have to wonder at the motives for someone mentioning it now.

It's almost as if someone is trying to sidetrack people by stating an argument

You do have to wonder. I think there will be several new members over the coming months doing similar.

Fair point about Williams. He's said nothing since he's left. Signing an NDA isn't manadatory (if that is the reason he didn't speak) I'd imagine if he'd spoken out he wouldn't have been trusted within a large organisation ever again. So, I don't blame him for speaking out but lets not turn him into a scared cow.

Its not a fair point at all, in fact its complete and utter bunkum, bit like you backing kiwi earlier today :rock:

John Williams was probably Jack Walkers best signing ever, just because he signed a NDA doesn't reflect badly against the guy at all.

Courting controversy for the sake of it does you no favors, we have so much to complain about, John Williams isn't part of that process.

Its not a fair point at all, in fact its complete and utter bunkum, bit like you backing kiwi earlier today :rock:

John Williams was probably Jack Walkers best signing ever, just because he signed a NDA doesn't reflect badly against the guy at all.

that's 56p8cql,who signed kean con5rart?

Courting controversy for the sake of it does you no favors, we have so much to complain about, John Williams isn't part of that process.

that's 56p8cql,who signed kean con5rart?

That's 56p8cql,who signed kean con5rart?

I've seen it all now. What are you twittering on about? if you have something to say then say it. Then spell check so the rest of us have a Scooby what your prattling on about.

Archived