BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

Who is this jean of whom you speak?

You are obviously trying to stir the pot.

John Williams was Rovers through and through.

As soon as the dark lords landed he was undermined, cut out of the equation and belittled. I don't think I would stick around to witness the carnage unfold in those circumstances..

Your assertions are without foundation and I think you should stick to what you know, or just stick it perhaps?

like I said he took the money like the rest,think long and hard.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was wrong about something, I mean hopelessly wrong, I'd like to think I'd hold my hands up and admit it.

It'd be nice if those who ripped the likes of Glen and phillipl on here about the 'dossier' would do the same. I still feel that there's a certain pigheadedness there that will continue to keep the fans from truly coming together under one umbrella.

like I said he took the money like the rest,think long and hard.

Did he sign Keans (or Jean as you call him) contract? Do we know that for a fact? A lot was taken out of his hands when Venkys took over, how do we know he signed any contracts?

Also what do you mean "he took the money like the rest". What was he supposed to do, say "thanks for treating me like dog muck, undermining my position to the point where I must leave, oh and, don't give me any money to pay up my contract I'm fine thanks."

Perhaps he should have asked for a kick up the arse as a way of them wishing him good luck in the future.

One thing which is always strange, is that why anybody would sign an NDA if they know something is dodgy. Leave the club, tell venkys to screw their job and spill what you know. I know its never easy to give up your job, but there were far too many players and staff who have signed an NDA allegedly, knowing full well what is happening.

One thing which is always strange, is that why anybody would sign an NDA if they know something is dodgy. Leave the club, tell venkys to screw their job and spill what you know. I know its never easy to give up your job, but there were far too many players and staff who have signed an NDA allegedly, knowing full well what is happening.

Freedom

It's naive to think JW would not take an NDA to move on with his life. I'd take the cash from the NDA in order to get on with my life too.. As WE ALL WOULD. It's standard practice where I work that all those paid to leave cannot bad mouth the company. Even those who talk big in hypothetical situations would jump at it......probably higher than most ;)

• Backroom

FYI, sent the files to an interested freelance journo called Barry O'Mahony. Baby steps, eh?

I've sent it to him as well. He is running the 'Get rid for 2 quid' story too.

I must admit, that whilst still wishing I had never heard of Venky's, I was trying to put an order of blame to the parties involved in our demise, 1 carrying the highest blame :-

1. Kentaro

2. Walker Trust (for selling us to clueless numpties, openly admitting they had no idea how to run a football club)

3. The FA/PL (what fit and proper test?)

4. Venky's (for wanting to use us as an 'investment' but then having to turn to a third party who have effectively ruined us)

To be honest, 2, 3 & 4 could be in any order and open for debate.

I think they are all equal awful .................. a bit bit like asking what would you like for breakfast:

1. A rasher of fried s-hite with tomatoes and hash brown

2. A rasher of fried poop with tomatoes and hash brown

3. A scoop of mashed s-hite with tomatoes and hash brown

4. A scoop mashed poop with tomatoes and hash brown

They are equally CRAP

Fair point about Williams. He's said nothing since he's left. Signing an NDA isn't manadatory (if that is the reason he didn't speak) I'd imagine if he'd spoken out he wouldn't have been trusted within a large organisation ever again. So, I don't blame him for not speaking out but lets not turn him into a scared cow.

especially not when we've already got a scared Cow in Pune

You normally sign an NDA as part of your contract of employment (i.e. when you start work at a company), not once it becomes obvious you've seen something you shouldn't have.

absolute tosh if JW was so for the fans he would have resigned there and now.

You are incredibly naive aren't you?

The takeover was at the end of November and he was gone by the beginning of February- that is at most 9 working weeks for a seasoned Director and Chairman who had spent over 15 years at the club and whom the new owners had pledged total loyalty to in the statements at the time of the takeover.

Your remark is totally disrespectful to the fans and John Williams.

The takeover was at the end of November and he was gone by the beginning of February- that is at most 9 working weeks for a seasoned Director and Chairman who had spent over 15 years at the club and whom the new owners had pledged total loyalty to in the statements at the time of the takeover.

How goes the hunt, Philip?

Phillip it's an odd question isn't from Bluekiwi.

Who is to say he didn't hand his notice or get his papers on day one? From working for two major and some of the biggest PLC companies in the world my immediate directors have to serve a six month notice period whilst senior managers a three month basis.

John Williams actually supported Southampton, he joined us from Grenada tv too! He left with Blackburn Rovers in his blood, I've a few associates who met and dealt with John who always took the time out to discuss things with fans. I know of two people personally whom emailed him one day in the Ince era to which he personally phoned in the afternoon. That was the measure of the man, sincere, honest and if you watch a Robbie Savage video and a big Sam one on youtube they both suggest he was probably the best chairman they worked under with Robbie suggesting he was one of the best in football.

The fact the Walkers trust had a representative on the board in a limited capacity meant that JW was trusted completely running the club. Martin Goodman and Tom Finn in addition with several backroom members all served significant continuous employment underneath him, have we had that since? No!

Just remembered, I have Paul Hunts telephone number from when he was at Rovers after doing an interview with him for BRFCC some years ago. If this might help anyone then DM me.

Probably best someone trusted like a Glen or yourself broaches him first. Whilst I have no doubt the guy was 100% football and committed to BRFC and his role, it may overraw or make him reluctant to talk if his number became to much common knowledge and he ended up as a Balaji round a buffet.

John Williams commitment to our club is unquestionable. He had a picture of Jack on his office wall and you could sense his emotion when he talked about him after he passed away. He told me that he was a 'Hampshire man' but was now (circa 2006) very much a Blackburn Rovers fan through and through and he was absolutely sincere. If this mess ever gets sorted out and we get new owners I wouldn't rule out completely him returning in some capacity at some point.

Probably best someone trusted like a Glen or yourself broaches him first. Whilst I have no doubt the guy was 100% football and committed to BRFC and his role, it may overraw or make him reluctant to talk if his number became to much common knowledge and he ended up as a Balaji round a buffet.

I wouldn't plaster it all over BRFCC of course. When I interviewed him he did seem a genuine guy. I think the interview was done on a Saturday after K*an intentionally threw the Cardiff game, for those digging there may be a few bits and pieces in there, hard to remember.

Totally agree

John Williams commitment to our club is unquestionable. He had a picture of Jack on his office wall and you could sense his emotion when he talked about him after he passed away. He told me that he was a 'Hampshire man' but was now (circa 2006) very much a Blackburn Rovers fan through and through and he was absolutely sincere. If this mess ever gets sorted out and we get new owners I wouldn't rule out completely him returning in some capacity at some point.

Could you imagine the two ians being owners, JW back as CEO, Goodman as Finance Director and Mullan as non-exec director representing the fans on the board.

I'd be asking for my Mrs to roll over.

I wouldn't plaster it all over BRFCC of course. When I interviewed him he did seem a genuine guy. I think the interview was done on a Saturday after K*an intentionally threw the Cardiff game, for those digging there may be a few bits and pieces in there, hard to remember.

I know you Neal for a fact wouldn't!

He is a genuine guy , think the publication of his letter allegedly by dark forces damaged his stock a bit.

Hope someone gets him on board. Was highly rated at Leicester.

Archived