BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

Cheers Madon. It might be something and nothing but it's worth asking.

It just intrigued me that he quoted a specific part of the leaked lawyers letter. He can't be too worried about the legal implications.

On that point, once these documents are in the public domain does that mean that others can quote it/upload it/distribute it without fear of getting sued. I'm not sure of legal stuff. Does anyone know?

That is so as is evidenced by the Giggs case. Judge held that the info was in the public domain, anyone could google and discover the identity of the guy, therefore there was no justification for preventing publication.

in this case though, Venkys, SEM whoever, as I understand it,have already been to court and got injunctions against revealing of certain documents, in some examples, I believe, because said documents were illegally acquired.

So, no major news outlet is going to defy a court injunction and leave themselves open to charges, heavy fines, legal fees etc.

Someone would have to go to court and ask for the injunctions to be lifted on the grounds that the information was in the public interest.

Nobody, as yet, has felt it to be worth the trouble, not a big enough story or not confident of winning, whatever.

It'll come out eventually, probably from abroad. USA has a very open approach to this sort of stuff doesn't it?

Disclaimer---I'm not a lawyer, that's just my opinion!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. The responsibility was on the shoulders of the Trust members to ensure that any buyer was thoroughly vetted and only accepted if they were 100% convinced that the prospective buyers would be suitable long term custodians of this historic football club. That's what Jack created the Trust for. If all he wanted them to do was cash in as soon as they could and jet off into the sunset with the £20 million then he could have left the club with anyone and not bothered with the endless legal work involved in creating a trust fund to oversee an empire worth hundreds of millions of pounds.

The onus was on them. Pure and simple. They were paid and instructed by Jack Walker to look after his club and they should have only ever sold it to suitable people.

I refuse to accept for one minute that a group of Indians who inherited their wealth via the poultry industry who had no experience of sporting ventures and admitted no knowledge or interest of football were immediately deemed worthy owners of this club. Anyone with an ounce of interest in the long term implications of the takeover would have been very concerned at what was unfolding. Especially with the frequent concerns raised about the role of certain agents in the takeover process when he was seen at games whispering into the prospective new owners ears.

Lets also not overlook that the Trust were open to selling to Ahsan Ali Syed to the extent that they allowed his henchmen to turn up at Ewood amid a blaze of publicity to 'inspect the books', and it was only when Radio 5 Goldberg went digging into his past that it ground to a halt. He then went to Spain and destroyed Racing Santander, so the Trust or whoever they were paying to find them a buyer certainly knew how to pick them.

The Trust have earned the tag of 'Worst ever takeover in English Football League history'. The irony being that they were supposed to have extremely stringent measures in place to meet Jack's criteria and yet the worst owners in history managed to get past all those checks with some vague 'promises' which they could never be held to.

I hope they are proud of themselves when they go to bed at night for what they have achieved in their desperate attempt to get rid of Jack's club (Premier League club that was going to rocket in value and revenue).

But I agree, there are more pressing issues than going over old ground. If any of those people responsible on the Trust had an ounce of regret, anger, disappointment, remorse for how things have turned out and the consequences of THEIR decisions then they've had nearly 6 years to say something, but nothing has been said. They didn't care in 2010 and they certainly don't care in 2016. They were the ones who wanted to get rid and they were the only ones in a position of power to put a stop to this disaster before it started by telling Venkys and their associates to clear off and go somewhere else. They sicken me almost as much as some of the lowlife that has been involved since they left.

NEVER EVER forget that there were 3 potential owners looking to buy the club. Anderson was paid by Venkys to find a club for them and paid by Rovers to find a buyer! Not surprising that we ended up with Venkys!

You really couldn't make it up!

I can confirm at least one sports investigative journo here in the USA has the full zip file.

He didnt promise anything past a look, and is currently in Rio for the olympics, so it could be a bit before he looks at it but, its a potential. All I could ask for at this point. And hopefully if he gets interested, I'll get him to follow up with someone in the know like Kamy or Glen.

Kamy has a PM with who I mean, I'd PM glen, but we know his box is full.

Email to the MP for Blackburn. Still no response from the LT editor so I will go again.

Dear Ms Hollern,

I am sure by now you are very aware of the growing concerns of the fanbase of Blackburn Rovers FC as to the nature of the ownership of this grand old club, and of dealings between the owners and a third party sports agency which at this stage whilst not necessarily being proven to be criminal in activity, are at least of great concern. Details of funds being misappropriated, questionable contracts being awarded and excessive payments to agents are all contributing to building a story which has been six years in the making and even extends to alleged threats of violence to fans who have questioned the motives of club officials.

I am sure you will agree that the football club is the town's greatest asset. It puts Blackburn onto the global map and brings jobs and outside money into the town, as well as providing (once upon a time) a focus of pride and inspiration to the community. Sadly now the opposite is true.

My fear and regret is that without change then the only inevitable outcome to this current regime of mismanagement is that the Club will go bust. Already it may be inevitable and sadly might be the only answer out of this mess.

An old building can rightly be given listed status and protection. The Government will provide support or at least guidance when a steel plant is threatened with closure. Surely a football club which underpins a town of 100,000 plus, provides a way of life for upto 25% of that population and that has helped define our national sport across three centuries is worthy of similar protection from outsiders who are at least guilty of greed and ignorance, and at worst are engaging in criminal behaviour?

Nothing yet can be proven but with your support the profile of this case can be raised and answers sought once and for all. I believe this matter is of enough significant importance to your constituency for it to be raised in Parliament.

Much of the information relating to this case has been building for years and recent documentation has come to light which you may already have access to. If not I can share it with you. At this stage nothing can be 'proven' but clearly something is rotten at Blackburn Rovers and the implications and negative effects extend far beyond the mood of the fans on a Saturday afternoon.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

She is probably on her jollies clubbing it in Ibiza.

Im just worried, that if Venkys decide to pack it in and sell, who do they use to find them a buyer. If its he who shall not be named, then that concerns me greatly

Am I right in thinking John Williams was still at rovers when kean got his contract,if so someone held in great esteem by many on here is just a bad egg as many who followed him.

John Williams was told to leave, shortly after Allardyce was sacked. He was around when Kean was put in temporary charge.

Am I right in thinking John Williams was still at rovers when kean got his contract,if so someone held in great esteem by many on here is just a bad egg as many who followed him.

Is that really what you've picked up over the last 3 days?

You clearly aren't paying attention or are very naive. Think about the capacity Kean was employed in when JW was here. Then re-read what happened since. Including how JW came to leave the club.

You clearly aren't paying attention or are very naive. Think about the capacity Kean was employed in when JW was here. Then re-read what happened since. Including how JW came to leave the club.

well I thought kean was manager and JW was c hair man or ceo?

Have you read the documents? There is one from him, Finn and another member of the board to Venkys complaining of being kept out of the loop and massive financial decisions being made without their input.

Was JW the chairman?

I was being kind assuming you were naive but clearly you have an agenda.

Jog on Venkite.

Meanwhile, it looks like Garner isn't the man I thought he was.

Keeping it about the football so it appears he'd not want to get involved.

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14684569.Simon_Garner__Blackburn_Rovers_fans_are_not_happy_with_Venky___s___but_there_are_no_excuses_for_what_we_have_seen_so_far/

Don't you remember Stuart? John Williams left purely because he lost interest in the role and didn't get on with the Fat Scottish Slug :blink::angry2:

Relive the LIES below

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8835527.Mrs_Desai__Why_John_Williams_left_Blackburn_Rovers/

Steve Kean mkII.

And he said yesterday: “I came in with my eyes wide open. I always knew it was going to be a big job.

“I came in knowing if we didn’t start well I’d be open to criticism, having been the Burnley manager and everything else, but we are working our socks off every day to get a team we think can be representative of Blackburn Rovers.

“We’re certainly not there yet as we’ve shown in the two games, but moving forward we will get to where we want to be.”

And he said yesterday: “I came in with my eyes wide open. I always knew it was going to be a big job.

“I came in knowing if we didn’t start well I’d be open to criticism, having been the Burnley manager and everything else, but we are working our socks off every day to get a team we think can be representative of Blackburn Rovers.

'a team we think can be representative of Blackburn Rovers'. I always thought that was a very strange statement and one I've never heard from a new manager before.

Bottom. He must think we're the pits then.

Archived