BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

Well i'm up for contributing to a Preston Blue, Kamy and Glen Pune trip fund if needed.

Me too. They are doing this to hopefully benefit all of so the least we should do is contribute and help to cover the cost of the trip.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on Radio Lancs periodically and trust me they wont touch anything remotely controversial with a barge pole. If they smell the merest hint of controversy they kill the transmission.

This'll be because of legal reasons rather than a conspiracy to keep fans quiet.

http://www.brfcactiongroup.co.uk/statement/

Action Group statement,

Having spoken to the Committee of the Action Group, I can say they are very focused and working very very hard in the back ground, they need our support as does as every other supporter.

Unity is needed with one target, THE VENKYS!!!!!!

Good statement

Finance Director Mike Cheston, who also covers the duties of the clubs recently departed Managing Director appears powerless to make serious decisions on football matters. Mr Cheston recently admitted openly in a meeting with the BRFC Action Group that Owen Coyle was not short listed during his search for a new manager. He, together with Rob Kelly and Alan Irvine had completed interviews and sent their recommendations to the clubs owners for consideration. Mike Cheston was unable to explain how or who had made the decision to appoint Owen Coyle, yet later he claimed that Coyle was the standout applicant in comparison to those other managers at the top of his own shortlist.

Speaks volumes about slimey agents behind the scenes still

Action Group statement,

Having spoken to the Committee of the Action Group, I can say they are very focused and working very very hard in the back ground, they need our support as does as every other supporter.

Resource Limit Is Reached

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

Loving that :tu:

• Backroom

I have posted the statement on the Man Utd forum. All of their fans seem 100% behind us.

If you've not already seen the thread take a look, very refreshing to see support from other fans.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/blackburn-fan-in-peace-2-great-causes-1-catastrophic-owner-copied-from-newbies.420918/#post-19687810

Action Group statement,

Excellently worded statement and bang on the money.

I do worry though that the historical differences with the AG of certain prominent fans and fan groups (obviously Ewood Blues) will mean that there will never be that unity we need.

I do worry though that the historical differences with the AG of certain prominent fans and fan groups (obviously Ewood Blues) will mean that there will never be that unity we need.

Those people need to put aside their petty posturing and willy waving for the good of the Club. They can resume the "who's the biggest fan?" competition once we rid ourselves of these parasites.

VenkysOut

Whilst Venkys are quite rightly getting a lot of stick, lets not forget our board of directors, Cheston, Babu and Coar all sat quietly in the corner overseeing the demise of our club.

Not forgetting the FA also. If venkys are allowing an agent to run the club still or have done. That is breach of the FA rules - yet the latter do nothing.

Do we need to get Visa's etc? How long would we plan on going? I'm a firm believer that this trip is inevitable, due to 6 years of totally being ignored on these shores.

Glen, I am away this weekend but will do some research. Please PM me your email and mobile.

Ta

Mike

For those planning to go to Pune I will join you BUT we have to very very careful.

The situation over there is not like over here in terms of freedom to do protests etc. It is a democracy but they way local police behave varies from location to location. Venky's are a big part of Pune, they are very much respected over there by the local community and will have the total backing of the police. Then there is Balaji, even if a little bit of what I hear about him is true then again we have to be very wary.

The best way forward in my opinion is to before going out there pre-arrange meetings with the local media (they will be interested in what we have to say), local business leaders and the local government officials and such like. The aim should be to educate these people about what has happened over here and the untold damage they have done to the reputation of the Indian Business Community/India in general. If we can get onto the local news channels/newspapers then we are hitting Venky's directly with bad PR.

Of course when over there, try and meet with the owners but I think the possibility of that happening is very remote. Tom's idea of the Poultary Conference is also a good one. maybe we can get a stand there and again educate people about what Venky's have done over here.

I am all for action over here in the UK but the sad reality is that Venky's take very little notice of it as it does not effect them directly. In my opinion the only way to force them to either run the club properly or to sell up is to start to cause waves from them in India.

Kamy, it would be great to have you on board. Your knowledge of the culture etc will be invaluable. Don't worry....when in Rome act as if a Roman blah blah blah :-)

• Backroom

Those people need to put aside their petty posturing and willy waving for the good of the Club. They can resume the "who's the biggest fan?" competition once we rid ourselves of these parasites.

VenkysOut

I hate willy-waving types. When they give us what Jack did, then we'll talk.

Worry not LDRover.

Myself and Birdy had our disagreement 4 years ago over a difference of opinion, but we cleared the air, ironed out any differences and made the peace over a long overdue chat at his house, over twelve months ago.

In fact only on Wednesday at Cardiff, we had discussions about how we come together and plan a strategy going forward.

We are both aware of what matters - and that is Blackburn Rovers, we all want what is best for our club and we're both aware and big enough to put aside any differences from the past.

Worry not LDRover.

Myself and Birdy had our disagreement 4 years ago over a difference of opinion, but we cleared the air, ironed out any differences and made the peace over a long overdue chat at his house, over twelve months ago.

In fact only on Wednesday at Cardiff, we had discussions about how we come together and plan a strategy going forward.

We are both aware of what matters - and that is Blackburn Rovers, we all want what is best for our club and we're both aware and big enough to put aside any differences from the past.

Thanks for that Mark.

That is excellent news and gives real hope that we can achieve something as a united fanbase. Credit to both sides on that one.

I really love the idea. It will hurt them where it hurts the most.

Like they have done to us. I think stock wise that this will hurt as well. The psychology behind a Stocks value is a big part of it. The reputation Venkys will get if this reaches media will hopefully affect the prize of the Stock. If Rovers affects the Stock negatively they might have to sell even With a huge loss.

• Backroom

It's a great idea, I just fear if they get wind of it they will make things very difficult for those going over. As others have said, Indian police are a law unto themselves. Be careful.

Whilst Venkys are quite rightly getting a lot of stick, lets not forget our board of directors, Cheston, Babu and Coar all sat quietly in the corner overseeing the demise of our club.

Coar doesn't give a hoot about the club the only reason he is a director of the club is to keep his seat on the F.A. wonder why he was the only one to be kept on when Venkys took over......Venkys having a friend in a high place perhaps!

Archived