BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a poor show from the LET when the local MP is issuing statements about being concerned, the best the LET can come up with is pro venkys piece. I feel sorry for Paul looks like the editor won't run anything on the leaked documents

• Backroom

It's a poor show from the LET when the local MP is issuing statements about being concerned, the best the LET can come up with is pro venkys piece. I feel sorry for Paul looks like the editor won't run anything on the leaked documents

Whilst it may not be simply Venkys out its far from a pro venky piece, he blames them solely for everything wrong with the club.

I don't think Radio Lancashire should be given a free pass in the local media criticism. I would like to hear the likes of Cheston being grilled and if he refuses to accept an invitation tell the listeners.

I still maintain Cocos invisible dog was the first signs of a psychopath. If it comes out in the papers in 25 years that he ends up bludgening kittens to death I won't be one bit surprised.

I think he'd by more of a 'corporate psychopath', who basically plays office politics and craps on everyone in their quest for power. I can't see Kean as the sort to start killing people. I know it's wikipedia, but this seems to describe a few during the Kean era.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy_in_the_workplace#Careers_with_highest_proportion_of_psychopaths

I still maintain Cocos invisible dog was the first signs of a psychopath. If it comes out in the papers in 25 years that he ends up bludgening kittens to death I won't be one bit surprised.

I do genuinely think Coco was suffering from some form of delusional illness as it can be the only way he managed to hang on through all that. Or maybe it was just plain greed and natural con artist instincts.

I think he'd by more of a 'corporate psychopath', who basically plays office politics and craps on everyone in their quest for power. I can't see Kean as the sort to start killing people. I know it's wikipedia, but this seems to describe a few during the Kean era.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy_in_the_workplace#Careers_with_highest_proportion_of_psychopaths

He's more likely to be a sociopath. The ability to lie, no empathy, lack of remorse.

To be done over the weekend and released / made available next week I believe...

Please let's not jinx it! I much prefer for all involved to say nothing till it's happens.

Many a slip between the cup and the lip and all that.

For those planning to go to Pune I will join you BUT we have to very very careful.

The situation over there is not like over here in terms of freedom to do protests etc. It is a democracy but they way local police behave varies from location to location. Venky's are a big part of Pune, they are very much respected over there by the local community and will have the total backing of the police. Then there is Balaji, even if a little bit of what I hear about him is true then again we have to be very wary.

The best way forward in my opinion is to before going out there pre-arrange meetings with the local media (they will be interested in what we have to say), local business leaders and the local government officials and such like. The aim should be to educate these people about what has happened over here and the untold damage they have done to the reputation of the Indian Business Community/India in general. If we can get onto the local news channels/newspapers then we are hitting Venky's directly with bad PR.

Of course when over there, try and meet with the owners but I think the possibility of that happening is very remote. Tom's idea of the Poultary Conference is also a good one. maybe we can get a stand there and again educate people about what Venky's have done over here.

I am all for action over here in the UK but the sad reality is that Venky's take very little notice of it as it does not effect them directly. In my opinion the only way to force them to either run the club properly or to sell up is to start to cause waves from them in India.

I can get a return with one stop in Abu Dhabi for under £600 return.

Depends on the dates of course. Late Oct would suit me.

Do we need to get Visa's etc? How long would we plan on going? I'm a firm believer that this trip is inevitable, due to 6 years of totally being ignored on these shores.

I don't think Radio Lancashire should be given a free pass in the local media criticism. I would like to hear the likes of Cheston being grilled and if he refuses to accept an invitation tell the listeners.

I was very disappointed in Radio Lancs on Wednesday, not even a passing mention was given to fan unrest or leaked documents.

Do we need to get Visa's etc? How long would we plan on going? I'm a firm believer that this trip is inevitable, due to 6 years of totally being ignored on these shores.

Will need Visa.

Indian consulate staff have quarterly VISA surgeries in Blackburn due to the large Indian community, if not then it is a trip to Birmingham to have one issued.

Well i'm up for contributing to a Preston Blue, Kamy and Glen Pune trip fund if needed.

That is very kind of you.

I am fine to fund this myself as I will use it as an opportunity to stop off in Dubai/Abu Dhabi on the way back to have a short holiday!

I totally agree that any protests, boycotts etc in the UK will have absolutely zip effect.

Bring the problem to their front door, make them squirm in front of the local business community, get it into the press and you may start to make them worry about their income stream.

Make it not worth their while to keep the club

You guys be careful out there. Big families like their's own the law. They will certainly know about you before you get there.

I don't want to have to donate to financing your legal defence or worse.

I agree but if it is done properly then we will be fine.

I would pre arrange everything, make sure the local media are aware of the visit and brief the British Consulate staff, you never know they might even send a member of staff with us.

It also helps that I am fluent in Hindi!

Will need Visa.

Indian consulate staff have quarterly VISA surgeries in Blackburn due to the large Indian community, if not then it is a trip to Birmingham to have one issued.

That is very kind of you.

I am fine to fund this myself as I will use it as an opportunity to stop off in Dubai/Abu Dhabi on the way back to have a short holiday!

You can now get Indian Visa online - I work in travel and my Indian client has been chirping on about this.

I agree but if it is done properly then we will be fine.

I would pre arrange everything, make sure the local media are aware of the visit and brief the British Consulate staff, you never know they might even send a member of staff with us.

It also helps that I am fluent in Hindi!

Very important that you get out there if such a trip takes place.

...no pressure or anything though :P

I was very disappointed in Radio Lancs on Wednesday, not even a passing mention was given to fan unrest or leaked documents.

I'm on Radio Lancs periodically and trust me they wont touch anything remotely controversial with a barge pole. If they smell the merest hint of controversy they kill the transmission.

Archived