BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff Away

What has Marshall done to suddenly become a villain? He may be off form but is being pilloried by association with Duffy.

havent seen any of him this season, assuming just his attitude and (apparently) half arsed performances

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't help that 'so called fans', I call them something else entirely (and thank goodness there is a profanity ban on here) are abusing his son on social media.

No excuse for abusing people on social media, Duffy had to close his account down on Saturday because of brain dead idiots targeting him.

Coyles son doesn't deserve any abuse he might be getting, but winding people up with transfer talk and inside snippets is unwise, it was always going to end in tears.

Another point about the match last night which I'm not sure if anyone has raised on here already is the red shirt we wore.

What was this shirt?

Has the club ever announced the existence of a 3rd kit?

Has it ever been publicised or advertised?

Is it on sale in the club shop or on the website?

Once again its completely unprofessional and shoddy conduct from the football club. If you're going to need a 3rd kit (which we obviously would with a blue away shirt) then they should say so and make it available for sale in the shop. Just a complete shambles once again.

Coyle after Wigan game told something that he is like football fan himself that he totally look last night,no passion nothing, only that he stay behind his bunker not shout the players anything like normal good managers doing.

Stokes run straight away to tunnel like did graham that wigan, game then marshall didnt give hand to coyle, he run straight away and then coyle turn and go to follow him.

and then that duffy reaction.

So people still believe mr Owen Coyle

bring on Warcnock he take @#/? off these players and show how to give 110% every games!

Not mentioned when we were having a drink before the game or on the journey down or back to be honest. All the talk was about the game, Duffy and Marshall.

You need to spread the word Parson, maybe even print off some of the docs for those long journeys south, the only way we're going to get out of this mess is to get rid of the owners, pure and simple.

#venkysout

Not mentioned when we were having a drink before the game or on the journey down or back to be honest. All the talk was about the game, Duffy and Marshall.

That's disappointing to read.

To be fair, you are aware of them so you should have ensured that they were talked about, that people were aware of them and that they're not allowed to forget about them. That is unless you think they're not important and that we should just carry on regardless.

As far as I'm concerned that's something we all have a duty to do if we want our club to be rid of the parasites. It may not work but sitting back while they strip the carcass certainly won't.

Coyle at Brockhall today:

'Get in lads - 4 goals conceded first match, 3 conceded in the 2nd and last night only 2 conceded! We're getting better all the time boys, bag of doughnuts here for each of you! Tuck in! Want to be energised for that table tennis tourney later on!'

What has Marshall done to suddenly become a villain? He may be off form but is being pilloried by association with Duffy.

Nowt and I still think if he'd had his contract sorted he'd be fine. There seems a few lumping him in with Duffy but he's not that bad....yet.

We have to remember with him how in and out he is anyway and he's only ever seemed to have a bit of consistency when he was RB under Lambert. Can't blame him for being pished off but he said he was happy to sign ages ago but there was nothing there to sign.

Yes he should still earn his wages but he's not been any worse than anyone else I don't think.

• Backroom

Nowt and I still think if he'd had his contract sorted he'd be fine. There seems a few lumping him in with Duffy but he's not that bad....yet.

We have to remember with him how in and out he is anyway and he's only ever seemed to have a bit of consistency when he was RB under Lambert. Can't blame him for being pished off but he said he was happy to sign ages ago but there was nothing there to sign.

Yes he should still earn his wages but he's not been any worse than anyone else I don't think.

Agreed, Marshall has pretty much always been poor anywhere other than right back. He's the kind of player who needs the game to come to him, rather than the other way around. That's why being in defence suits him more than being in attack.

He had a great spell from about September to December in 2014 if I remember correctly, seem to remember him scoring a couple of crackers against wigan and a great free kick against reading (how do I remember this stuff?) but other than that his only real consistently was, as tomphil and DE. both point out, at right back

• Backroom

He had a great spell from about September to December in 2014 if I remember correctly, seem to remember him scoring a couple of crackers against wigan and a great free kick against reading (how do I remember this stuff?) but other than that his only real consistently was, as tomphil and DE. both point out, at right back

Yeah you're right, he had a very brief purple patch but sadly never recovered that form.

Worth noting that Steele apparently had a very good game Wednesday, stopping us from conceding another three or four at least. The lad's got a lot of stick on here lately, so only fair to highlight when he has a decent game as well.

Yep Bowyer and co got him going early that season and he was on fire for a few games playing mostly on the left I think. All the team was playing quite well though and that's the key with a few of ours, they need others to be leading the way.

As DE said you need to keep Marshall busy and involved or he goes to sleep. GB channelled just about every attack through him back then but after a while he faded and has never rediscovered that. Being at RB allowed him to be steady and unspectacular and it seemed to suit him. His heads probably elsewhere now though and I can't see a pleb like Coyle turning it around.

The shysters should have had him signed up again last season. The dark forces have probably got it blocked so they can carry on their gravy train of percentages.

What have your friends been doing for the past 4-5 days or so?

Duffy and Marshall are the least of our problems in the grand scheme of things. You know this.

What have your friends been doing for the past 4-5 days or so?

Duffy and Marshall are the least of our problems in the grand scheme of things. You know this.

If you were at Cardiff you would have been able to bring the subjects that you want to talk about up in conversation. We all know the situation but on matchday we tend to talk about the match and the players; the prospects for getting a result and after the game, on the way back, we tend to talk about the match itself and the performances. Believe it or not, not everyone is glued to social media and therefore don't tend to discuss things which are talked about on here. Indeed, I don't think twitter or facebook are anything that I would ever get involved with and a number of friends are very similar. I suspect many of us on here would be amazed at the number of folk attending games who don't even know this site or similar ones exist. I can only think of two or three of my circle who actually look at this particular site.

If you were at Cardiff you would have been able to bring the subjects that you want to talk about up in conversation. We all know the situation but on matchday we tend to talk about the match and the players; the prospects for getting a result and after the game, on the way back, we tend to talk about the match itself and the performances. Believe it or not, not everyone is glued to social media and therefore don't tend to discuss things which are talked about on here. Indeed, I don't think twitter or facebook are anything that I would ever get involved with and a number of friends are very similar. I suspect many of us on here would be amazed at the number of folk attending games who don't even know this site or similar ones exist. I can only think of two or three of my circle who actually look at this particular site.

You don't need a computer to know we're being raped and all your arsed about is if our knickers are clean.

Seems to me like you lot go for a day out rather than out of care for the club. This isn't a criticism but it just seems to be that way for most people that go to every game home and away, they seem to bury their heads in the sand as much as possible because they don't want their future days out to be spoiled.

Seems to me like you lot go for a day out rather than out of care for the club. This isn't a criticism but it just seems to be that way for most people that go to every game home and away, they seem to bury their heads in the sand as much as possible because they don't want their future days out to be spoiled.

Don't talk like a prick. Solicit and consider someone else's viewpoint other than your own. only then have we half a chance to be all singing from the same hymn sheet. Just out of interest can you define "care for the club"?

You don't need a computer to know we're being raped and all your arsed about is if our knickers are clean.

So I assume you were both at Cardiff spreading the word - or I guess not. If you can't be bothered to get your message across why expect others to do it for you. Everyone knows what has happened to this club - but everyone supports the club in different ways. Clearly you struggle with this concept of support.

For what it's worth Parson, every single person I used to go Rovers with (none of us go anymore - upwards of 30 STs) now no longer talk about the team, formation or prospect of getting a result. It's ALL Venkys, Shaw, Kean and now Coyle.

Archived