BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff Away

Nice little dig at the fans at the end, something along the lines of, if some people can't get behind us that's up to them. How many people at the club are we going to let tell us what and how we should do things, we've been at the club a lot longer than them, slight little digs, it's a joke.

The final master stroke. Buy a club; run it into the ground; ignore and quash any early protesters (if they are fairly small dismiss them as racists); relegate and humiliate; any large scale dissent - blame the fans for our problems.

Genius.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I assume you were both at Cardiff spreading the word - or I guess not. If you can't be bothered to get your message across why expect others to do it for you. Everyone knows what has happened to this club - but everyone supports the club in different ways. Clearly you struggle with this concept of support.

I wish the Mods would bring back the dislike button.

For what it's worth Parson, every single person I used to go Rovers with (none of us go anymore - upwards of 30 STs) now no longer talk about the team, formation or prospect of getting a result. It's ALL Venkys, Shaw, Kean and now Coyle.

That's fair enough if that's what your circle of friends talk about J*B. It's also fair enough that others talk about the things they want to talk about when they've travelled for six hours to watch a match. We all know who is to blame for the present situation. I haven't met anyone who doesn't. I really don't see what the problem is here. Everyone is in total agreement about the situation and who and how it was brought about. The only difference is that some still wish to go and watch a game of football and talk about it. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Seems to me like you lot go for a day out rather than out of care for the club. This isn't a criticism but it just seems to be that way for most people that go to every game home and away, they seem to bury their heads in the sand as much as possible because they don't want their future days out to be spoiled.

The point is, and I'm 100% with PB on this, is people will behave as they see fit. In PBs case I imagine this is a group of friends who go back decades and will have much they enjoy discussing be it football or otherwise.

Personally I recognised sometime back there was no point in stressing about the ownership while there was little I could do about it. I felt much better after reaching that decision.

When protest begins I will join in till then I'll concentrate on what little pleasure is left in going to the match

If you were at Cardiff you would have been able to bring the subjects that you want to talk about up in conversation. We all know the situation but on matchday we tend to talk about the match and the players; the prospects for getting a result and after the game, on the way back, we tend to talk about the match itself and the performances. Believe it or not, not everyone is glued to social media and therefore don't tend to discuss things which are talked about on here. Indeed, I don't think twitter or facebook are anything that I would ever get involved with and a number of friends are very similar. I suspect many of us on here would be amazed at the number of folk attending games who don't even know this site or similar ones exist. I can only think of two or three of my circle who actually look at this particular site.

But you read this site Parson. During a full days travel and discussion, I can't imagine I wouldn't have mentioned the goings on of the last few days.

The point is, and I'm 100% with PB on this, is people will behave as they see fit. In PBs case I imagine this is a group of friends who go back decades and will have much they enjoy discussing be it football or otherwise.

Personally I recognised sometime back there was no point in stressing about the ownership while there was little I could do about it. I felt much better after reaching that decision.

When protest begins I will join in till then I'll concentrate on what little pleasure is left in going to the match

As I said, it isn't a criticism, it is just how some people are reacting, it's completely fair enough. It is just something I've picked up on from those that go home or away, they seem to be a lot less clued up on the owners etc. I think this involves burying their heads in the sand a little.

Lol.

In a roundabout way, I have mentioned it to Gav. I don't think he was impressed PB.

He looks like he's just taken delivery of another envelope from No1 son, happy birthday dad!

As I said, it isn't a criticism, it is just how some people are reacting, it's completely fair enough. It is just something I've picked up on from those that go home or away, they seem to be a lot less clued up on the owners etc. I think this involves burying their heads in the sand a little.

I think there is an element of Venky blindness amongst some but the people I know well who never or rarely miss are really hurting and want them out and are prepared to pay the price of a relegation or two. I was surprised though to read Parson saying that the revelations of the last few days had not been discussed amongst the group he goes with. I would guess for the vast majority that is far more important that any on field. I have mentioned these documents to every Rovers fan I have spoken to and told them where they can access them.

I think there is an element of Venky blindness amongst some but the people I know well who never or rarely miss are really hurting and want them out and are prepared to pay the price of a relegation or two. I was surprised though to read Parson saying that the revelations of the last few days had not been discussed amongst the group he goes with. I would guess for the vast majority that is far more important that any on field. I have mentioned these documents to every Rovers fan I have spoken to and told them where they can access them.

The elephant was sitting in the back seat but nobody noticed!

Is there even ' a little pleasure' though Paul rather than the family time?

This is not just for you but others also - I understand the element of attending but as dark as the Blue and White spectacles may be - where is the pleasure as surely it can't be the football or even 'supporting the lads' which sort of defeats the object as there is on the face of it 'nothing there' to support or enjoy even on a match day as surely their cannot be anything encouraging to discuss about what is happening on the pitch.

This is not just for you but others also - I understand the element of attending but as dark as the Blue and White spectacles may be - where is the pleasure as surely it can't be the football or even 'supporting the lads' which sort of defeats the object as there is on the face of it 'nothing there' to support or enjoy even on a match day as surely their cannot be anything encouraging to discuss about what is happening on the pitch.

It's a day out to meet people who I like with a common interest, even if it's just discussing how badly we played. I still enjoy that and it's something that nobody be it Venkys or Coyle can take away from me. Tell me I'm stupid and I may even agree with you but I still enjoy going to matches.

But you read this site Parson. During a full days travel and discussion, I can't imagine I wouldn't have mentioned the goings on of the last few days.

Honestly den, nobody brought up any of the documents that have been talked about on here. Unless people see things for themselves they tend to be very sceptical, particularly those who aren't online or simply get their news from the LT. The talk is always about the match, the players, the result and the performances. There are an awful lot of Rovers fans who aren't consumed with the ownership issue and go to football, as Al says, because we still enjoy it in the same way that we have always done.

It's a day out to meet people who I like with a common interest, even if it's just discussing how badly we played. I still enjoy that and it's something that nobody be it Venkys or Coyle can take away from me. Tell me I'm stupid and I may even agree with you but I still enjoy going to matches.

Fair do's Al -but is the common interest something else?

There is discussing how badly we have played to 'how badly we have played in context - but as things go the platform /medium whole damn scenario /atmosphere is incomprehensible so the discussion for that situation is just null and void imo and anything else discussed for that matter whilst Rome burns - and you enjoy it?

I know you know some of the folk I go with Tony, and as you say they never miss a game anywhere in the world if the Rovers are playing. They are all hurting because of the owners and know full well where the blame lies. However, at the end of the day, like myself, they still get enjoyment from going to matches and supporting the teams - at every level - on the pitch. The documents merely confirm what everyone has believed for some time - that the owners appear to be here for reasons other than football. I spoke to a friend in town this morning who hadn't seen the documents but wasn't surprised by their content and said that he'd still be there no matter what the division we are in and wasn't going to let the owners drive him away. There are many of us who share that view whilst respecting the honourable position that you have taken. At the end of the day we are all Rovers supporters and are dealing with the present situation in our own distinctive ways.

I spoke to a friend in town this morning who hadn't seen the documents but wasn't surprised by their content and said that he'd still be there no matter what the division we are in and wasn't going to let the owners drive him away.

I dont think Venkys are even intending to drive anyone away, they simply dont care and have other motives. Many fans who have chosen to boycott have done so as a stance against them, I dont feel driven away, i'm just no longer willing to sit there and accept their incompetence and be embarrassed any longer.

I know you know some of the folk I go with Tony, and as you say they never miss a game anywhere in the world if the Rovers are playing. They are all hurting because of the owners and know full well where the blame lies. However, at the end of the day, like myself, they still get enjoyment from going to matches and supporting the teams - at every level - on the pitch. The documents merely confirm what everyone has believed for some time - that the owners appear to be here for reasons other than football. I spoke to a friend in town this morning who hadn't seen the documents but wasn't surprised by their content and said that he'd still be there no matter what the division we are in and wasn't going to let the owners drive him away. There are many of us who share that view whilst respecting the honourable position that you have taken. At the end of the day we are all Rovers supporters and are dealing with the present situation in our own distinctive ways.

I respect everybody's stand on this as there is no definitive right or wrong and for the people I know who never miss I want Rovers to succeed for them as much as anybody because they deserve it. However I disagree with your enjoyment comment. I know for a fact that there are a significant number who are not enjoying any aspect of the games but will go irrespectively.

But as I said, despite what each individual chooses there is no right or wrong. Hopefully one day we will all be singing from the same hymn sheet again and football is the only topic of conversation.

Fair do's Al -but is the common interest something else?

There is discussing how badly we have played to 'how badly we have played in context - but as things go the platform /medium whole damn scenario /atmosphere is incomprehensible so the discussion for that situation is just null and void imo and anything else discussed for that matter whilst Rome burns - and you enjoy it?

I don't expect you to understand but that won't stop me from enjoying going to Ewood and enjoying the company of other, like minded, Rovers supporters.

If you were at Cardiff you would have been able to bring the subjects that you want to talk about up in conversation. We all know the situation but on matchday we tend to talk about the match and the players; the prospects for getting a result and after the game, on the way back, we tend to talk about the match itself and the performances. Believe it or not, not everyone is glued to social media and therefore don't tend to discuss things which are talked about on here. Indeed, I don't think twitter or facebook are anything that I would ever get involved with and a number of friends are very similar. I suspect many of us on here would be amazed at the number of folk attending games who don't even know this site or similar ones exist. I can only think of two or three of my circle who actually look at this particular site.

It still seems very strange that not one person, or yourself discussed such massive, and I mean MASSIVE, corruption surrounding the club they love enough to travel around the country for. Especially when the "match itself and performance" is very much linked with said corruption.

It was the first thing my Dad mentioned when I saw him the day after the leaked docs, and he doesn't even have an email address.

I'm sure I've said before my son loves going to Rovers but through his disability has no comprehension of the last six years. He knows we no longer play PL football but not why. I am not prepared to sacrifice his pleasure to satisfy any views or feelings I may have towards Venkys.

This puts me in a somewhat unique position as I don't have to make a choice on attending. I'm very aware of this in any discussion I enter in to.

There was a time when I badly wanted to stop but determined for Tom's sake I would not be driven out of Ewood. If I am the Raos would have won and I will never allow that. It was around this time I decided to put the whole thing to one side until time meant I could have an influence.

For this reason, above all, no matter what the Raos do I can never forgive them for taking away a huge pleasure from my lad. I once wrote to Mrs Desai explaining his story. Never got a reply and didn't expect one.

The other thing which has always driven me to go, even on the cold wet Tuesdays, is you never know when there will be a magical match......and I don't like missing those.

I suspect though if it were not for Tom I would have stopped before now.

Archived