BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff Away

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone did say if he meant it he'd have ballsed it up and missed !

They might have a point.

Yeah that's the element of doubt BUT no defender would try to do what he tried to do.

For the first it's too far out Imo for a ricochet just to go back that way, even with pace on, plus as he's so far out I don't buy he didn't have time to react. Added to which any defender would be aiming to get it wide and forward rather than back.

Likewise for the second that is the not the direction a defender would want to head the ball. Again, you'd want it out wide. Added to which heading it downwards is also only going to cause the defending team problems. Added to which under Lambert Duffy looked a lot more competent at set pieces and suddenly he is committing basic errors. Suspicious to say the least.

Add in the sending off and the armband thing and it all adds up to a guy trying to play badly. Too many things for it not to be. With the own goals there might be a chance he didn't aim to score (unlikely Imo) but there can be no doubt he intended to play both balls/situations badly.

Yeah that's the element of doubt BUT no defender would try to do what he tried to do.

For the first it's too far out Imo for a ricochet just to go back that way, even with pace on, plus as he's so far out I don't buy he didn't have time to react. Added to which any defender would be aiming to get it wide and forward rather than back.

Likewise for the second that is the not the direction a defender would want to head the ball. Again, you'd want it out wide. Added to which heading it downwards is also only going to cause the defending team problems. Added to which under Lambert Duffy looked a lot more competent at set pieces and suddenly he is committing basic errors. Suspicious to say the least.

Add in the sending off and the armband thing and it all adds up to a guy trying to play badly. Too many things for it not to be. With the own goals there might be a chance he didn't aim to score (unlikely Imo) but there can be no doubt he intended to play both balls/situations badly.

Offload him - big ego but average at best (and at Championship level)

Not sticking up for him , but we could also factor in a player who although makes mistakes was working with a steady partner under a manager who he possibly thought could better him as a player.

Partner gone, manager gone replaced by a PE teacher , club stalled on a contract - uncertain future, just coming back from the Euros back into the chaos of a club like Rovers, no doubt a sewer rat hanging around hoping to cash in on his client , to me all come to a head and his head has gone and no amount of sugary treats or Tuesday table tennis will fix that.

Granted not helped himself with his twitter account and strops etc,

Also look at his reaction to the first OG and the sending off. Its just sort of 'Oh well, never mind!' Agree about the second OG - defenders never head down into their own box.

What is he trying to do - if he is after a transfer then he's only going to put off anyone who was interested.

Also look at his reaction to the first OG and the sending off. Its just sort of 'Oh well, never mind!' Agree about the second OG - defenders never head down into their own box.

What is he trying to do - if he is after a transfer then he's only going to put off anyone who was interested.

Not if it's already all but sorted but they aren't keen on paying the fee being touted about .....

Not sticking up for him , but we could also factor in a player who although makes mistakes was working with a steady partner under a manager who he possibly thought could better him as a player.

Partner gone, manager gone replaced by a PE teacher , club stalled on a contract - uncertain future, just coming back from the Euros back into the chaos of a club like Rovers, no doubt a sewer rat hanging around hoping to cash in on his client , to me all come to a head and his head has gone and no amount of sugary treats or Tuesday table tennis will fix that.

Granted not helped himself with his twitter account and strops etc,

None of the above is any excuse whatsoever. If he's not happy at the Club for any of the reasons you've mentioned he's perfectly entitled to try and secure a move away but he is still under contract and he does his best in the meantime. End of.

Huge concern that one of our players clearly pressed the self destruct button...

Surely this must be a gross misconduct offence - club should fine him and ban him

Seriously looking at the goals they're blatantly intended - Iv never seen anything like it!!

I was a huge fan of Duffy so mega disappointed at what he's doing

A real lack of class

As for Coyle - out of his depth - I gave up after the lambert debacle now like everyone else I know that anything less than change of ownership will mean continual decline

None of the above is any excuse whatsoever. If he's not happy at the Club for any of the reasons you've mentioned he's perfectly entitled to try and secure a move away but he is still under contract and he does his best in the meantime. End of.

I was trying to make the point that if his head has gone or even turned, why was he picked to play , granted we are short at the back but surely somebody in the right frame of mind even one of the youth team would have been better than a liability.

I'm actually done, this isn't Blackburn Rovers anymore!

Blackburn Rovers don't play so pathetically for 3 league games in a row.

Blackburn Rovers show fight.

Blackburn Rovers don't get managed into League One by ex Dingles and the Looney Punes.

I want my club back!

Just got in, 4am.

I still can't quite believe what I've seen. never in over fifty years have I witnessed anything quite like that. We were all convinced he appeared to deliberately scored two OG's, viewing the replays back on the coach didn't change anyones mind. He kept going AWOL during both halves, often ending up the furthest Rover forward. He came out for the second half without the armband, worn by all the players to mark the anniversary of Jacks passing. Then when we were pushing for an equaliser (well sort of but without any urgency), Coyle moved him upfront and he deliberately got himself sent off (it seemed) for kicking the ball away.

Talk was that four premier league scouts were watching him, I wonder if they were impressed.

Everyone was left stunned by it all.

Cardiff were a poor side, almost as poor as we have been and the shame was we could possibly have got the three points.

Can't help thinking if someone has made a killing backing two own goals in the far east. You just can't help being cynical these days where Rovers are concerned.

The second yellow was for DELIBERATELY kicking the ball away.

Now if that doesn't tell you something about what went on the whole match....

I know this is counter-intuitive but perhaps Shane Duffy is a decent bloke trying to tell everybody something?

Pure speculation on my part but if that match wasn't a football club in existential crisis, I don't know what is.

Says the man who runs off and posts whiney threads in 'admin' every two minutes. You're beyond parody.

Don't mention me in your posts. Problem solved Mr Ignore Function.

Look back. You came to me when I was replying to somebody else.

Again.

There's just no conversing with you because you just want a row all the time. Fans uniting doesn't seem to sit well with you.

Back to the match. I'm away so only saw the goals. Duffy seems to be trying to either get back at the Twitterati fans (which is both naive and unprofessional) or trying to make himself public enemy number one in order to force through a move. Either way I think he is done with us in his own mind. To think some (including me) thought he might make captain material.

No shock to see that a team with Lowe as its figurehead is doing so badly. Whether his individual mistakes are a factor or not, his presence in the team has always been a minus. Turning that minus into a permanent fixture was always a bad idea. Making him leader? Words fail. But our hapless manager Steve Koyle just talks about the positives. Yes, as many predicted, we are back there.

If he had any sense he'd give the captaincy to Greer. This is professional football, not a time to be worried about an individual's feelings.

But I guess this is all just a sideshow. If Coyle was to walk or be potted, the next manager would be on a hiding to nothing.

I cant remember who arrested the young Pakistani opening bowler , for bowling no balls in the spot fixing row a few years ago....

Whoever it was , wants to watch the whole of last nights game and betting trends in the far east , it could be illuminating !

An absolutely disgraceful first half performance by a team that looks completely shot at in terms of confidence - and we are only three games in. Duffy and Marshall clearly don't want to be here and made no effort whatsoever and should never wear the shirt again. Cardiff, as Aggy said, are a very poor side. Indeed, the only reason we got back in the game in the second half was because they became nervous and tried to sit on their two goal lead. Nonetheless, they could easily have scored four or five with better finishing. Credit to Byrne for at least trying to get the team playing football but far too many players look devoid of confidence. Although it doesn't help, the fans have every right to give the players stick on a night like this. The best part of six hours of travelling to see well paid, supposedly professional players, capitulate almost without a whimper to bang average opposition. Cardiff players have yet to score a goal this season but thanks to Duffy are now sitting in the table with four points and celebrating their first win of the season - you couldn't make it up!

I cant remember who arrested the young Pakistani opening bowler , for bowling no balls in the spot fixing row a few years ago....

Whoever it was , wants to watch the whole of last nights game and betting trends in the far east , it could be illuminating !

Was a News of the World fake Sheikh sting

• Backroom

Just watched the highlights again. Duffy aside (let's not even go there) the defence and midfield were all at sea throughout the match by the looks of it - not marking, not tracking runners, not getting tackles in. Farcical once again.

Yep, it's obvious the players have no idea what they are supposed to be doing. God knows what they're doing in training other than eating doughnuts and playing table football.

Even SEM Sports were baffled by our tactics. When Iain Dowie is pointing out issues in your team's shape, you know you've got problems.

Yep, it's obvious the players have no idea what they are supposed to be doing. God knows what they're doing in training other than eating doughnuts and playing table football.

Even SEM Sports were baffled by our tactics. When Iain Dowie is pointing out issues in your team's shape, you know you've got problems.

But Coyle was the outstanding candidate...............

Nice little dig at the fans at the end, something along the lines of, if some people can't get behind us that's up to them. How many people at the club are we going to let tell us what and how we should do things, we've been at the club a lot longer than them, slight little digs, it's a joke.

I wonder what was said to him in the dressing room last night? We haven't any characters who would challenge his actions so they probably didn't say anything and he got a few sympathetic pats on the back. When Hughes was here I think three or four of the other players (Todd, Neill, Nelsen, Mokoena, Bellamy, Reid.... etc) would have given him a good kicking either last night or this morning at Brockhall.

I don't see how he can really play for Rovers again anyway - a threadbare squad and we've got at least one gone rogue, with Marshall seemingly on strike too.

Archived