BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Burton Albion Game Thread.

• Backroom

A particular highlight today was deep in injury time when we needed to win there was a period of about 20 seconds near our goalline where their player didn't touch the ball and shimmied around it whilst Feeney tried to copy his shimmying move for move!

Jesus christ, the organisation of that 4-4-2 for Burnley. You could actually see the formation and the players working as one. We haven't seen that in 6 years.

I hate to say it but credit to Sean Dyche

Maybe if we sack clownpants and bring in Warnock we may see some real organisation

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus christ, the organisation of that 4-4-2 for Burnley. You could actually see the formation and the players working as one. We haven't seen that in 6 years.

Best Manager in the Championship last season by a mile. If Burnley fail this season he will be gone to something much bigger and better

Not only that but the way he pressed Liverpool and played them at their own game. A high risk strategy with inferior players but it worked a treat for them.

The only positive from that is surely a bigger club will poach him soon.

We were poor. Simple as that. Anyone that tries to say any different is either lying or trying to polish a turd. The only thing that stopped us losing was that they were poorer than us and I genuinely believe that they played so badly due to overestimating how bad we actually are. They came expecting to walk it and unfortunately didn't - whenever they needed to get a goal they put on pressure and got it. When they felt it was ok to sit back and soak it up we managed to nab one.

Our first goal was a great strike, no questions about it. But it wasn't good build up play and was pretty much undeserved. Prior to that the game was dull - we hadn't threatened and they hadn't either. It came out of nowhere. The goalscorer, Conway, had an ok game (definitely not a MOTM performance I may add) but didn't know how to beat a man. Whether he didn't have the legs or not I don't know, but his favourite move was to cut back inside and pass it back to Lowe who inevitable played it back to Greer. Was all a bit negative.

On the topic of Lowe...............WHY THE @#/? IS HE STILL PLAYING? Another terrible performance from him. They quite clearly targeted that area of the pitch because all of their attacks came down that side. He doesn't know how to defend, pass or tackle and that is the basic qualities any full back should possess. And before all those "you are using Lowe as a scapegoat" arguments come in: we drew. It's not a scapegoat he was just as poor as he's been the past 3 years.

Marshall seemed disinterested. Quite often tried to beat a man and fell over. Was a period of play in the 1st half which he watched the ball go out of play for a Burton corner without a care in the world. I stand by what I shouted to him then: "if you don't want to be here then go you waste of @#/? space". Another dismal performance from one of our 'star men'.

Greer and Wharton played well together at the back. Wharton especially. He was bullied by O'Grady a bit but I believe many defenders will be - he's big and strong. His cross-field passes were a highlight on an otherwise dismal performance.

Our second goal came from a corner and a decent Gallagher header. It flattered his otherwise quite poor performance. He gave the ball away a lot, had a bad first touch and didn't look very threatening. He was a nuisance with the ball in the air but that's about it. On the topic of strikers, I'm struggling to understand the role of Graham. Looked out of shape once again today and disinterested in the game. Was often caught offside and had a few very poor touches. Other than that another game where he was more or less invisible throughout.

Akpan had a good game. As did Bryne until his substitution. Why Coyle chose to sub a creative midfielder for Lenihan I don't know - it was at this point I resigned myself to knowing we wouldn't win this game. Akpan for Lenihan would have been a fair swap but I'm not paid to be a manager I guess.

Our defence looked a lot more solid, despite the regular free headers from crosses coming in. Again, this was exacerbated due to the lack of quality in the Burton attack. Greer played ok and Wharton had a solid game, although he was bullied by O'Grady as mentioned. Hendrie played fairly well but would struggle against better opposition. Lowe was, well, you guessed it, typically Lowe.

Stokes came on to have an ok game. Can't understand why he didn't start which once again raises questions about Coyle's role. Our leading goalscorer, and a man on form, can't start a home game against a team we need to beat. Outrageous.

Our fans are a disgrace. The Darwen End attempted several times to get a "We want Venky's out" chant but it wasn't reciprocated by a very quiet Blackburn End. The chant of "Uncle Jack's Barmy Army" rang through for much of the second half but seemed a little late. If there was any idea of protest it was quickly distinguished after the first 25 minutes. I was hurriedly told to stop singing we want venky's out by a fan and overheard a few fans on their 'reasons for not singing it'. I moved areas in disgust knowing that if I sat by them any longer I'd be in an argument I couldn't win.

We definitely needed those boycotting fans to come back and support any anti-venky's sentiments and fan the flames. Right now the ground is full of fans that either don't know of their actions or are too submissive to protest, although I can understand the reasons for staying away.

you are a prick

you are a prick

Solid response there pal. Way to go. You sure proved me wrong.

If you can argue against my views on the game then go ahead. If not shut up and carry on burying your head in the sand you prat.

Unless of course you are the old boy that told me to sit down and shut up whilst I was chanting "We want Venky's out". In which case: @#/? off.

you are a prick

You need to add more than that. If you disagree with someone's post, the answer 'you're a prick' doesn't really cut it.

I know it's saturday night and you may have had a few butthat's really poor.

You are a prick who adds nothing to this message board. You prick.

Solid response there pal. Way to go. You sure proved me wrong.

If you can argue against my views on the game then go ahead. If not shut up and carry on burying your head in the sand you prat.

Unless of course you are the old boy that told me to sit down and shut up whilst I was chanting "We want Venky's out". In which case: @#/? off.

Which end were you in?

We want Venkys out was reciprocated by the Blackburn End quite a bit and was especially vocal in the second half with the Jack Walker chants. I'm presuming it wasn't picked up in the Darwen End. I also saw no one being told to shut up singing it around where I was sat.

A particular highlight today was deep in injury time when we needed to win there was a period of about 20 seconds near our goalline where their player didn't touch the ball and shimmied around it whilst Feeney tried to copy his shimmying move for move!

Pretty sure that was Lee Williamson - class is permanent.

Criticise the post not the poster or you look the P****.

very rearly post on this board any way doom and gloom merchants look at leeds portsmouth rangers @#/? happens fans stick together not on this board if you want to make a stand go to the ground make your voice heard...

not key board hardcore

Maybe if we sack clownpants and bring in Warnock we may see some real organisation

if anyone belives Warnock would take the job they should seek medical attention would not take it last time so noway now.

very rearly post on this board any way doom and gloom merchants look at leeds portsmouth rangers @#/? happens fans stick together not on this board if you want to make a stand go to the ground make your voice heard...

not key board hardcore

Stop going on about fans sticking together when you're the one that just called someone a prick with no explanation.

Besides it looks like the "doom and gloom merchants" have been right all along. Have you looked at the league table and the squad?

Which end were you in?

We want Venkys out was reciprocated by the Blackburn End quite a bit and was especially vocal in the second half with the Jack Walker chants. I'm presuming it wasn't picked up in the Darwen End. I also saw no one being told to shut up singing it around where I was sat.

Was sat in the BBE - right/middle of the stand. It wasn't a big deal but not the first time I've been told to sit down or the like. I simply moved and will continue to take up an empty seat in another side of the stand.

I also felt as if the Darwen End lead the chants of Venky's Out and were let down by the occasional clapping of the BBE and the odd 10 second chant. Not the atmosphere I was expecting.

Was sat in the BBE - right/middle of the stand. It wasn't a big deal but not the first time I've been told to sit down or the like. I simply moved and will continue to take up an empty seat in another side of the stand.

I also felt as if the Darwen End lead the chants of Venky's Out and were let down by the occasional clapping of the BBE and the odd 10 second chant. Not the atmosphere I was expecting.

In which case you weren't that far from me. Not sure what you were expecting but that was almost anarchy compared to the last couple of seasons :-)

not key board hardcore

It's called having principles. The club took the @#/? out of me, they didn't give a damn so I stopped 5 years ago after 30 years. Sad days

not key board hardcore

The geezer said that he did make his voice heard and some 'old boy' told him to shut up. Can't understand what you're trying to achieve here apart from being deliberately provocative and standing against the unity you talk about.

Stop going on about fans sticking together when you're the one that just called someone a prick with no explanation.

Besides it looks like the "doom and gloom merchants" have been right all along. Have you looked at the league table and the squad?

called him a prick for calling rovers fans

In which case you weren't that far from me. Not sure what you were expecting but that was almost anarchy compared to the last couple of seasons :-)

I've been absent for a lot of years due to living away from Blackburn. However, if that was 'anarchy' then I hate to imagine recent atmospheres.

Does anyone know what happened with the Darwen End btw? They moved their protests from the top of the stand to the bottom of the stand in the 2nd half and seemed a bit of an altercation with the stewards. The banners also disappeared after about 70 minutes.

not key board hardcore

Until Venkys have gone i will not step back into that ground. Happy to protest outside etc. Now I go to away games but not Ewood.

Just think your hard earned money going into Jerome's sweaty back pocket. Whilst you smile and clap. Surely you've seen the documents leaked recently and a light has gone off?

It's called having principles. The club took the @#/? out of me, they didn't give a damn so I stopped 5 years ago after 30 years. Sad days

not trying to upset any one, supported rovers since 1971 will allways do so will never stop going no one in india will stop me, you my friend might stop going and i will understand why.... do it the leeds way the portsmouth way increase your support in diffiance make your voice heard..#venksout

Come on peeps. Let's not go back there. ( I mean insulting each other)

#venkysoutunited

not trying to upset any one, supported rovers since 1971 will allways do so will never stop going no one in india will stop me, you my friend might stop going and i will understand why.... do it the leeds way the portsmouth way increase your support in diffiance make your voice heard..#venksout

I did. They gave him a new contract. I left. End of.

Pretty sure that was Lee Williamson - class is permanent.

Love the avatar!

As for the game...

We're pony.

It's quiet clear that despite best efforts and angst on here the vast majority of fans don't have a clue about the history and shenanigans of recent years.

Despite the leaking of 3 year old documents in the last week, we need to find other ways rather more effective rather than just on BRFCC, cause frankly theres about 30 posters and a dog who are listening.

And as harsh as that sounds / is, I'm afraid that's where we're at.

And before anyone says - what do you suggest bob?

How's about an elevator pitch?

Don't go on Tuesday or against wolves they say. Protest outside. Go on then, you've 20 to 30 seconds to convince them. Unfortunately no one is able to articulate it - in that length of time. And we need to.

And for the record... Venkys Out. More to the point - their Agents out. And feck The FA. A bloody disgrace. Well done Coar.

Go to bed, sleep it off. You're making a bit of a dick of yourself..

Archived