BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Burton Albion Game Thread.

"but hey ho a lot of so called supporters sitting at home, full of glee, because we didn't win."..

.We sat at home, but I can assure you,that we were still disappointed we didn't win...

As a previous poster said, groups of people responding in different ways need to show mutual respect.

We know who the real enemy is, after all.....

He did the same the other week.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't dress it up. Sorry if we were not poor enough for your agenda!

Al, my mate rang me and said he still can't believe we managed to score 2 goals, hardly created a chance all afternoon, and the defence is league 2 at best?

He also went at length to stress that every player on the park put a shift in, they couldn't have worked any harder, he said sadly thats all we have now, hard work, thats what we've been reduced to.

What did you think?

A draw was about the right result although when you are happy to not be outplayed at home by the relegation favourites then the writing is on the wall. The amount of space and time Burton were allowed from our full backs was alarming and if they had more composure a la Norwich we would have lost. Maybe it's the mood but there were spells in the first half were you felt a Burton goal was inevitable. However they were generally poor too and couldnt take advantage of our current state.

Just looking at the back 4 on paper tells you all you need to know. Wharton and Greer did well to cover Lowe and Hendrie's inadequacies , but then both goals should probably have been cleared by the centre halves.The guy seemed in acres for their first goal.

Gallagher took his goal well, showed a couple of decent flocks and worked hard. Conway looked like he give a @#/?.

Graham and Marshall were both poor and Feeney provided a quick cameo purely to prove all of our fears of him were well founded.

Credit to the fans for their support in the second half which removes any possibility of Coyle or Cheston using lack of support or toxic atmosphere as an excuse. "Uncle Jacks Blue and White army" and 'One Jack Walker" are popular songs which show support for Blackburn Rovers but are also a finger in the eye of the manager and owners. It got the Blackburn End going entwined with the "We want Venkys Out" chants.

I didn't dress it up. Sorry if we were not poor enough for your agenda!

Agenda get on the next plane to pune if you think I've an agenda

My main point and that of every one around me was that was garbage our wonder strike went in there's didn't.. I've only missed Cardiff away so far unfortunately and unfortunately unless we massively improve we're going to league one

• Backroom

MIqJXZG.jpg

Also burton had 12 corners to our 6

If anybody thinks this is good enough, at home to Burton Albion, I suggest you have succumbed to operation dumb down (in effect since December 2010) and need to have more ambition for this club.

Course he does and I think they should have had none on the standard of play. It wasn't brilliant but we were better than Burton.

Better than Burton next season you'll be saying were better than Stanley.. Plank

hey ho a lot of so called supporters sitting at home, full of glee, because we didn't win.

Al, I'm not sure who you think is "full of glee" in all this. If you're frustrated then focus it on them.

In terms of just how badly the first three games have gone today's result is positive. The reality probably is Burton didn't look too good and we still conceded two goals taking our against tally to 11 in 4 which is a huge worry.

Individually the full backs again looked very weak/poor. We had to play a team that consisted of 3 lads here to learn and make mistakes so they improve for their parent clubs and also one of our own on debut (who I thought was fantastic!) it is just too many for a competitive league like this you need more experience.

I thought Conway played very well, a worldie and an assist. Gallagher played well, Greer was solid and Wharton played very well and was gutted for him to see him as the player beaten in the air for their late equaliser.

Absolutely woeful today - made a side with no quality look decent and better than us. A few individuals played better but the same lack of organisation and basic tactics makes us a soft touch. Still a few who don't want to put the work in, how Ben Marshall got a standing ovation from some, I'll never know.

We don't have a plan - Coyle mentioned playing a passing game in his interview - we hoofed it away for much of the game and surrendered possession. Wonder strike aside, first half was dire. The goals we are conceding are so predictable and avoidable!

Sat in seat, listening to angry Venkys out chants, even at 2-1 I'm miserable in that place at current. I could get behind Bowyer "despite" the owners - we put the graft in at leasf. If I have to watch Marshall or anyone else trudge back looking at their own boots, I think I'll explode.

Not sure what to do or think. Only certainty is I'm not going to the cup tie.

Absolutely woeful today - made a side with no quality look decent and better than us. A few individuals played better but the same lack of organisation and basic tactics makes us a soft touch. Still a few who don't want to put the work in, how Ben Marshall got a standing ovation from some, I'll never know.

We don't have a plan - Coyle mentioned playing a passing game in his interview - we hoofed it away for much of the game and surrendered possession. Wonder strike aside, first half was dire. The goals we are conceding are so predictable and avoidable!

Sat in seat, listening to angry Venkys out chants, even at 2-1 I'm miserable in that place at current. I could get behind Bowyer "despite" the owners - we put the graft in at leasf. If I have to watch Marshall or anyone else trudge back looking at their own boots, I think I'll explode.

Not sure what to do or think. Only certainty is I'm not going to the cup tie.

Not very often I agree with you but tbh you've hit the nail on the head with your analysis of today

Read through this thread. There were lots of people gleeful when Burton scored. Maybe not you but plenty were.

OK.

I think this is a very difficult time. But we just have to keep our focus on #Venky'sout....and stay together.

On a day like today, there is a kind of rationalisation effect too.

One of my kids said "Well, at least it keeps the pressure on", ...but only after cursing, when we conceded....( blame my bad parenting!).

Better than Burton next season you'll be saying were better than Stanley.. Plank

Absolutely no need for that. The fan base will continue to remain divided when folk like Al are attacked simply for having an opinion which some deem to be unacceptable to the present agenda. Football is a game of opinions and Al's opinion is as valid as any other.

Absolutely no need for that. The fan base will continue to remain divided when folk like Al are attacked simply for having an opinion which some deem to be unacceptable to the present agenda. Football is a game of opinions and Al's opinion is as valid as any other.

With all due respect pb when someone tries to defend the garbage yes garbage which was served up today I have a right to get annoyed.. Remember we were at home to the mighty Burton Albion yes the mighty Burton Albion.. As for agenda the only agenda I want to have is that these charlatans leave asap as I have from day one

I genuinely find it difficult to reconcile what's going on between fans. I've had enough, and the results seem to justify my stance. It is still bloody painful not to go. It might have been better if the sun had peeped out and I could have watched the cricket at Clitheroe, but that was a wash out. So I was left on social media and the MB looking at the continuing shambles at Ewood.

I admire those that go and share their thoughts - then I see tweets from bell ends who seemingly think it's great to think this is normal and we should support the nastiness at any cost!

I don't know how many of us on here go or don't go, but Preston Blue said there were actually 8,000 Rovers fans with bums on seats today. Of those, what is the percentage who have no idea/no wish to criticise our owners, and it's all about the team?

I just don't think we have enough folk who want to go all the way. I will attend an open meeting, but there just isn't any momentum that I can see that will stir the masses.

I await the whistle blower.

• Backroom

I don't know how many of us on here go or don't go, but Preston Blue said there were actually 8,000 Rovers fans with bums on seats today. Of those, what is the percentage who have no idea/no wish to criticise our owners, and it's all about the team?

I just don't think we have enough folk who want to go all the way.

Depends how many lapsed fans are willing to fight for the club, I suppose. In theory they would easily outnumber those who just want to continue on as normal, but I'm not sure how many of those have cut ties with the club completely and want nothing more to do with it.

Well said PB.

Let's keep the insults out. Virtually all of us want the V's out.

Let's unite.

#venkysout

Depends how many lapsed fans are willing to fight for the club, I suppose. In theory they would easily outnumber those who just want to continue on as normal, but I'm not sure how many of those have cut ties with the club completely and want nothing more to do with it.

I doubt the lapsed give a toss tbh

Make no mistake, I’m no fan of Coyle but today did at least seem largely coherent in shape and personnel. Central defenders young but did ok (and they are not numb nuts Duffy). Full backs the weakness but who else is there? (Marshall for Lowe would be an obvious shout). 2 holding –Akpan does the unpleasant ok but we know his limitations. Byrne a little better on the ball. 2 obvious wide players who did pretty well (never understood why Conway has been overlooked for so long). Front 2 –Gallagher spritely, willing. Graham, hmm, never looks fit to me. Didn’t hold the ball up well and too easily bullied whilst complaining to the ref. Can see why he looks good initially but languished in other sides. Also, at least nobody was sulking and they seemed to be encouraging one another and put in the effort. Feeney was only on briefly but his body language was appalling. Steele does not inspire confidence.

Essentially, two weak sides with little goal mouth action. Obvious weakness for us was crosses and set pieces. So it proved – one corner, one cross, 2 headed goals from close range.

All plaster on gangrene of course. The shambles has become a shambolic shambles. But let’s be honest, we all shot out of our seats when Conway scored a beauty.

I went on today , Conway deserved his m of m award super goal....

Wharton had a very promising debut , Greer is ok , the full backs lets not go there ...

Marshall was poor but he does worry the other team , so that should create space for others ...

Midfield is poor but thaats common knowledge ...

Up front I didnt think we were to bad but it takes us a long time to get it there.....

Quite a lot of Venkys out from the Darwen End !

The gate from my seat on the Darwen end was around 9000 not sure how many Burton brought ....

The pleasing thing was no Coyle out chants not that I rate him but dont want him blaming the fans ....

Going to be a very long season and I cannot see us staying up with the present personnel ....

Archived