BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Burton Albion Game Thread.

He said it was because he called out the Rovers fans, I dont blame him for calling them out and certainly dont think he should be called a prick for doing so. The rest of his post was just his views on the game, nothing wrong with that.

He's right for having a go for calling other fans out. Admittedly not in the way he did.

I thought we'd agreed as a messageboard not to call fans out because everyone has a right to their own opinions and actions

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's right for having a go for calling other fans out. Admittedly not in the way he did.

I thought we'd agreed as a messageboard not to call fans out because everyone has a right to their own opinions and actions

Of course mate, everyone is entitled opinions and actions... Or lack of. Venkys are the focus right now anyway.

After 20/30 minutes of the first half I felt I was watching a vision of League One - poor to average players, little enthusiasm shown from either side, empty ground, no atmosphere.

Saying that the team performance was nowhere near as bad as I expected after reading opinion on here - this was my first game this season. I had expected a shambles which we weren't.

What we are is a side populated with some very limited players. Graham, Conway and Marshall should be the standouts. Graham and Marshall look overweight and unfit with neither contributing much. Conway has only ever struck me as good to average but that is enough to make him stand out in this team. Good goal yesterday, not great as RR would have us believe, but the sort of strike one should expect from a midfield player in that position.

I don't believe the attendance figure - 7000 seems nearer the mark.

The first half atmosphere was poor with little more than 50 fans calling for Venkys Out and some minimal chanting in support of the team from the DE and BBE. Second half was much better. Uncle Jack's has long been in part a two fingered salute to the Raos - long may it continue. The crowd supported the team and nothing more.

Sat in the JWL I sensed no sign of discontent and judging by appearance only - we have new seats so know no one - the support around us is unlikely to protest. There were a few who clapped along to Venkys Out chants. The bulk of comments were those you'd hear at any game.

The only hope is to avoid relegation as anything more is beyond us. Quite what the Venkys objective is now is impossible to say. At best 2-3 players would go for a fee ruling out that. The academy producing a real star? Jones was the last. Do we believe there is another to follow?

We will continue to go. The day I look forward to is 25,000 fans turning out for the first game under new ownership to prove this club is worth saving. It's about the only dream left as all the others have been taken away.

Better than Burton next season you'll be saying were better than Stanley.. Plank

Out of arguments so turns to personal insults. Never mind I'm not going to be drawn into a slanging match. I saw the game and therefore have a right to my opinions.

With all due respect pb when someone tries to defend the garbage yes garbage which was served up today I have a right to get annoyed.. Remember we were at home to the mighty Burton Albion yes the mighty Burton Albion.. As for agenda the only agenda I want to have is that these charlatans leave asap as I have from day one

You have no right to be annoyed. You have the right to have a different opinion. That is all. Good luck with your agenda. I want them out too.

You have no right to be annoyed. You have the right to have a different opinion. That is all. Good luck with your agenda. I want them out too.

I don't have a agenda except wanting shut of the charlatans... But that yesterday and every game this season has been God damn awful..

OK were dealt at the moment with the hand we have but we're not being helped by the north wests most useless manager

If you're happy with one point against Burton at home and the other three games including a poor wigan side who'll highly likely be in a relegation battle along with Burton you're welcome to your rose tinted glasses opinion

I have every right to be annoyed after parting with cash to watch pure dross

I'm not quite sure why someone doesn't have the right to be annoyed. This isn't a philosophic discussion. If someone has an opinion I think is ridiculous then I will feel annoyed. I can tell that person I think they are incorrect. The other person can respond to that in any manor they want to.

Al you hold an opinion different to some on the board. In order to have a productive "messageboard" it is nice to discuss these opinions.

I'm not quite sure why someone doesn't have the right to be annoyed. This isn't a philosophic discussion. If someone has an opinion I think is ridiculous then I will feel annoyed. I can tell that person I think they are incorrect. The other person can respond to that in any manor manner they want to.

Al you hold an opinion different to some on the board. In order to have a productive "messageboard" it is nice to discuss these opinions.

Let's have this right! Athlete said he was right to be annoyed WITH ME for having a different opinion than him. I contend that he does not have that right. A right to be annoyed with the team by all means if that's how he feels but to be annoyed with me for having a different opinion. Certainly not.

Lots of collateral damage (hidden posts) thanks to rishtonrover swearing at fans for having a different opinion.

He's having a week off, so keep it respectful.

He was ok apart from when beer took over. A bit harsh.

The post when beer ruled is golden and I respect riston for that one.

I can only assume you've either not read the documents or you can't actually read. I'm leaning towards the latter.

OK.. Ive read the docs now ..............pls tell me if I'm wrong but nothing new? allegations, a bit of twitter and what else? I wanted someting to crucify the c u n ts

Let's have this right! Athlete said he was right to be annoyed WITH ME for having a different opinion than him. I contend that he does not have that right. A right to be annoyed with the team by all means if that's how he feels but to be annoyed with me for having a different opinion. Certainly not.

Al.......... only my opinion but I think Athlete was fed up watching sh-it

No I'm annoyed with the performances this season and the standard being served up as a paying season ticket holder I have a right to be annoyed read it correctly..

• Backroom

No I'm annoyed with the performances this season and the standard being served up as a paying season ticket holder I have a right to be annoyed read it correctly..

So why direct your anger at Al? Which is how your posts read.

So why direct your anger at Al? Which is how your posts read.

If you read back I didn't actually start the argument I was accused of having a agenda so I bit hook line and sinker which in hindsight I shouldn't of... FYI that performance and those previous this season are enough to get anyone's back up.. The club is rotten to the core

I think some posters are venting their anger because of the overall situation rather than on the actual content of yesterday's match. Yes the Venky's record is dire. Yes we look to be in even more desperate straits this season. Yes one point from four games is appalling. Yes Coyle was an unpopular choice and has done nothing yet to prove to anyone they were wrong.

And yet taken in pure isolation I still don't think yesterday's performance was all that bad. We've witnessed countless far worse performances over the last few seasons under both Bowyer and Lambert imo.

I think some posters are venting their anger because of the overall situation rather than on the actual content of yesterday's match. Yes the Venky's record is dire. Yes we look to be in even more desperate straits this season. Yes one point from four games is appalling. Yes Coyle was an unpopular choice and has done nothing yet to prove to anyone they were wrong.

And yet taken in pure isolation I still don't think yesterday's performance was all that bad. We've witnessed countless far worse performances over the last few seasons under both Bowyer and Lambert imo.

Agree there Rev I think it's hard to put into one context how much anger a lot of people are feeling and if there wonder strike would of gone in the anger would really of boiled over

From where I sit on the half way line in the upper tier you could tell looking at the body language on some of the players without what we already know.. That it isn't a happy dressing room whatsoever

• Backroom

Bottom line is that we drew at home to Burton Albion, and stats prove they were better in every department. Not good enough.

Bottom line is that we drew at home to Burton Albion, and stats prove they were better in every department. Not good enough.

that's been my point since yesterday

How anyone could have been happy with that yesterday is completely beyond me

that's been my point since yesterday

How anyone could have been happy with that yesterday is completely beyond me

I can't understand why Stokes didn't start. He's a good player and didn't have nearly enough time to put some influence on the game. He's been our best player this season.

Our midfield is infinitely better with Byrne in it. Akpan and Lenihan ISN'T a good partnership and I'm still debating whether Coyle made that change to ensure we drew the game as opposed to win. There's no other explanation to why he'd change a central midfield duo doing a decent job for the partnership that saw us get torn apart by Norwich. Dreadful management. Or excellent, depending on which side of the fence you are on.

I can't understand why Stokes didn't start. He's a good player and didn't have nearly enough time to put some influence on the game. He's been our best player this season.

Our midfield is infinitely better with Byrne in it. Akpan and Lenihan ISN'T a good partnership and I'm still debating whether Coyle made that change to ensure we drew the game as opposed to win. There's no other explanation to why he'd change a central midfield duo doing a decent job for the partnership that saw us get torn apart by Norwich. Dreadful management. Or excellent, depending on which side of the fence you are on.

Stokes was garbage at Cardiff, Gallagher caused them all sorts of problems.

Byrne was invisible in the second half, the game was passing him by.

Coyle was right with both decisions, take your blinkers off.

Well we certainly give a toss, if Venkys left today we'd buy season tickets on Monday and I'm sure we're not alone.

Also keen to join any protests, but it seems the anger on here hasn't quite caught on at the ground, but if/when it does we'll happily do the 250 mile round trip to join in.

Probably cos the angry ones are boycotting and not there. Sadly my feel is that, your good self aside, my who have stopped going will not return even if the Venks leave now. 1960 cup final again. It will take some success on the pitch to bring some back.

Probably cos the angry ones are boycotting and not there. Sadly my feel is that, your good self aside, my who have stopped going will not return even if the Venks leave now. 1960 cup final again. It will take some success on the pitch to bring some back.

I think you are correct. A noisy, very small minority aside, the people who still attend are generally extremely tolerant.

It was also a slightly improved performance yesterday, but it bl**dy well should've been, especially against Burton!

An organic protest and show of large scale discontent in the ground will only come with another Norwich style capitulation.

That may not be too far away.

Archived