BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Burton Albion Game Thread.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have to sort out the full backs situation. Both Lowe and Hendrie are very poor.

From current personnel I'd have Marshall or Henley at right back and give Doyle a run out at left back.

That would leave the wings to Conway, Feeney and Mahoney.

Midfield is poor. Lenihan has to have one place. A fit Corry Evans should have the other as captain.

Note Fulham played a 16yo.

If you're good enough...you're old enough.

Lose next sat and Coyle will be gone.

That Suhail Pasha chap apparently came over to the game today which did make me wonder if Coyle was under pressure already. Does he normally attend matches?

I doubt the lapsed give a toss tbh

Well we certainly give a toss, if Venkys left today we'd buy season tickets on Monday and I'm sure we're not alone.

Also keen to join any protests, but it seems the anger on here hasn't quite caught on at the ground, but if/when it does we'll happily do the 250 mile round trip to join in.

That Suhail Pasha chap apparently came over to the game today which did make me wonder if Coyle was under pressure already. Does he normally attend matches?

He was also at Wigan apparently , they mentioned it on the TV commentary

Maybe he has got the job that was advertised and the club have forgot to announce it, and he is based over here now

For Saturday

Raya

Marshall Greer Wharton Doyle

Conway Lenihan Byrne Mahoney

Stokes Gallagher

This team would want it and win.

Won't happen though.

Good call Lewis

Agree about the substitutions, disagree completely with your remarks about the fans. Given we'd lost our first three games and whilst there are obviously glaring deficiencies in certain areas I thought it was a much improved overall display which should have brought three points. There were also excellent performances from youngsters Wharton and Gallagher.

So whilst it was desperately disappointing to throw away 2 points at the end there were some signs of encouragement today and I thought there was nothing wrong at all with fans clapping at the end if they wanted to.

Interesting to see who liked this post. Fair point, but don't agree.

Trying to be funny.

Were you clapping?

Fair enough, if it was a light-hearted, I apologise. I can't bring myself to smile when I am at Ewood anymore Andy. Emotions are definitely running high with me now, I just don't get how some people can happily plod along and carry on as though everything at the club is great, maybe it's their way of dealing with it, but it frustrates me.

Fair enough, if it was a light-hearted, I apologise. I can't bring myself to smile when I am at Ewood anymore Andy. Emotions are definitely running high with me now, I just don't get how some people can happily plod along and carry on as though everything at the club is great, maybe it's their way of dealing with it, but it frustrates me.

No probs pal.

I have managed to boycott so far this season. VERY hard though when match day comes around. Sky sports news on. Radio on. This MB on.

Started going in 79 in division 3.

Don't know what to do for the best but this is my decision so far.

Coyle isn't the problem for me...

#venkysout

My thoughts on the game are, we played well at times and poor other times.

Very impressed with Conway and very much deserved his man of the match award.

Gallagher did very well today and scored a very good header.

Wharton played good today and plenty of potential to develop there. He will be good one if we developed him right. Thought his cross field passes were first class.

Shocking defending for their 2 goals. Defence has no confidence in Steele as keeper who for once did not kick the ball out of play for once.

Feeney was a joke and so poor its untrue. really poor signing. agree with the 2 other subs made by Coyle

Look why don't you give it a rest? I don't see any posts having a poke at the fans who have chosen to boycott. There wasn't any real clapping at the end, quite a lot of booing or just silence as people simply left.

The support today was for the team and nothing else. Not the board, the manager, the owners. In my time watching Rovers the fans have always supported the team.

I am not going to have a dig at anyone who chooses to stay at home but please return that respect. If you can't respect the decisions of other fans then it would be better to remain silent.

Agreed. The fans today supported the team and players

I didn't dress it up. Sorry if we were not poor enough for your agenda!

I agree with your points Al.

he has been at least few games.

I would imagine he will be here until after the transfer window has past

We were poor. Simple as that. Anyone that tries to say any different is either lying or trying to polish a turd. The only thing that stopped us losing was that they were poorer than us and I genuinely believe that they played so badly due to overestimating how bad we actually are. They came expecting to walk it and unfortunately didn't - whenever they needed to get a goal they put on pressure and got it. When they felt it was ok to sit back and soak it up we managed to nab one.

Our first goal was a great strike, no questions about it. But it wasn't good build up play and was pretty much undeserved. Prior to that the game was dull - we hadn't threatened and they hadn't either. It came out of nowhere. The goalscorer, Conway, had an ok game (definitely not a MOTM performance I may add) but didn't know how to beat a man. Whether he didn't have the legs or not I don't know, but his favourite move was to cut back inside and pass it back to Lowe who inevitable played it back to Greer. Was all a bit negative.

On the topic of Lowe...............WHY THE @#/? IS HE STILL PLAYING? Another terrible performance from him. They quite clearly targeted that area of the pitch because all of their attacks came down that side. He doesn't know how to defend, pass or tackle and that is the basic qualities any full back should possess. And before all those "you are using Lowe as a scapegoat" arguments come in: we drew. It's not a scapegoat he was just as poor as he's been the past 3 years.

Marshall seemed disinterested. Quite often tried to beat a man and fell over. Was a period of play in the 1st half which he watched the ball go out of play for a Burton corner without a care in the world. I stand by what I shouted to him then: "if you don't want to be here then go you waste of @#/? space". Another dismal performance from one of our 'star men'.

Greer and Wharton played well together at the back. Wharton especially. He was bullied by O'Grady a bit but I believe many defenders will be - he's big and strong. His cross-field passes were a highlight on an otherwise dismal performance.

Our second goal came from a corner and a decent Gallagher header. It flattered his otherwise quite poor performance. He gave the ball away a lot, had a bad first touch and didn't look very threatening. He was a nuisance with the ball in the air but that's about it. On the topic of strikers, I'm struggling to understand the role of Graham. Looked out of shape once again today and disinterested in the game. Was often caught offside and had a few very poor touches. Other than that another game where he was more or less invisible throughout.

Akpan had a good game. As did Bryne until his substitution. Why Coyle chose to sub a creative midfielder for Lenihan I don't know - it was at this point I resigned myself to knowing we wouldn't win this game. Akpan for Lenihan would have been a fair swap but I'm not paid to be a manager I guess.

Our defence looked a lot more solid, despite the regular free headers from crosses coming in. Again, this was exacerbated due to the lack of quality in the Burton attack. Greer played ok and Wharton had a solid game, although he was bullied by O'Grady as mentioned. Hendrie played fairly well but would struggle against better opposition. Lowe was, well, you guessed it, typically Lowe.

Stokes came on to have an ok game. Can't understand why he didn't start which once again raises questions about Coyle's role. Our leading goalscorer, and a man on form, can't start a home game against a team we need to beat. Outrageous.

Our fans are a disgrace. The Darwen End attempted several times to get a "We want Venky's out" chant but it wasn't reciprocated by a very quiet Blackburn End. The chant of "Uncle Jack's Barmy Army" rang through for much of the second half but seemed a little late. If there was any idea of protest it was quickly distinguished after the first 25 minutes. I was hurriedly told to stop singing we want venky's out by a fan and overheard a few fans on their 'reasons for not singing it'. I moved areas in disgust knowing that if I sat by them any longer I'd be in an argument I couldn't win.

We definitely needed those boycotting fans to come back and support any anti-venky's sentiments and fan the flames. Right now the ground is full of fans that either don't know of their actions or are too submissive to protest, although I can understand the reasons for staying away.

Could I ask two questions please?

First what are these new documents often referred to on these boards? I am aware of all the stuff we had a while ago re Anderson, agents, sale of the club, ousting of Sam, due diligence, letter from John Williams etc etc etc. But nobody was interested –the FA, media (save one or two journos), even fans. Will anything be different now?

Second, people keep referring to ‘the plan’. What is this?

On a general note, what do people see as the endgame here?

on the match today my thoughts, stokes gallagher byrne conway wharton looked good today....there is hope and a better manager would get results..and remember its not the players fault well done to the support that was there today hard to make a differance in a third full stadium but second half got behind the team..#venkysout

The final whistle was greeted with boos. The only clapping was for Wharton who came over to clap the Blackburn End on his debut and a bit for Conway who, having won MOTM , thought he'd do a Tugay and be the last player to come across to the Blackburn End.

It certainly wasn't people clapping the performance or the team as a whole.

on the match today my thoughts, stokes gallagher byrne conway wharton looked good today....there is hope and a better manager would get results..and remember its not the players fault well done to the support that was there today hard to make a differance in a third full stadium but second half got behind the team..#venkysout

Our fans today were excellent, especially second half

Archived