BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Next Five Games

I don't believe we can escape the drop. That's why results like this are a side show.

We need change. Run of the mill W1 D1 L1 results will just allow the show to rumble on.

Leeds once sacked Brian Clough (who had won the league previously) for only getting 3 points from 6 games (one win). We have 2 (draws). Different strokes of course but until something changes we are doomed to repeat 2011/12 all over again.

Agreed. Yesterday's creditable point will only be of any real use if we now take a minimum of four points from the next two games.

Even when we got relegated from the Premier League we got one or two good away results, (as the lizard used to remind us).

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Celebrating over a point and actually competing in a match shows have far expectations have fallen. I'd be absolutely stunned if we stayed up this season. The squad is there to survive but we won't get there with Coyle. A change of manager can still get us out of trouble this season, but it's only delaying the inevitable.

I was hugely encouraged by yesterday's performance and came away feeling somewhat less pessimistic. There are an awful lot of games still to be played and despite our terrible start we are not cut adrift by any stretch of the imagination. Four points from the Leeds and Rotherham games would give us a solid platform on which to build. Personally, I think the signings of the likes of Greer, Hoban and Williams have strengthened us significantly at the back whilst Gallagher and Emnes give us more options up front. It's going to be far from easy but I now think we have a chance of avoiding the drop as there are five or six clubs who seem to be in the same state as ourselves.

I was hugely encouraged by yesterday's performance and came away feeling somewhat less pessimistic. There are an awful lot of games still to be played and despite our terrible start we are not cut adrift by any stretch of the imagination. Four points from the Leeds and Rotherham games would give us a solid platform on which to build. Personally, I think the signings of the likes of Greer, Hoban and Williams have strengthened us significantly at the back whilst Gallagher and Emnes give us more options up front. It's going to be far from easy but I now think we have a chance of avoiding the drop as there are five or six clubs who seem to be in the same state as ourselves.

Amazing post based on one point turning into two after 6 games.

Who are the five or six clubs you are referring to, and in what context?

Who are the five or six clubs you are referring to, and in what context?

It was the manner of the performance Stuart. We looked like a real team yesterday. Everyone playing for each other, the manager setting the team up spot on tactically and the travelling support getting behind the team. The bottom line is that there are a number of teams struggling for form and results at the moment. As I said, I came away from yesterday's game greatly encouraged by what I had seen on the pitch and hopefully we will continue to build on this.

Two points from 18 and parson expects 4 from 6 mmmmm that's venkwashing the problems ..

No Abbey, it's watching the performances in the last two games since Coyle brought in several new players. The off the field problems are the same but the performances on the pitch are improving

It was the manner of the performance Stuart. We looked like a real team yesterday. Everyone playing for each other, the manager setting the team up spot on tactically and the travelling support getting behind the team. The bottom line is that there are a number of teams struggling for form and results at the moment. As I said, I came away from yesterday's game greatly encouraged by what I had seen on the pitch and hopefully we will continue to build on this.

And even at that zenith of Rovers season so far we couldn't manage what even a very poor Preston side did last month.

The problem for us is that we have our weakest squad even during Venkys short, disastrous reign. Even playing at our very best, with the manager selecting his strongest team we aren't good enough. That is the rub.

The inclusion of Lowe as captain and therefore permanent fixture is a symptom of our problems. A poor squad, a lack of leadership and a manager sticking two fingers up at fans: "the captain is not the only leader on the pitch" - no, but he should be the best one. Personally I'd say that the captain should earn the armband not have it handed to him as a long-service award.

Which teams do you thing are in a similar state to us? Because every one of them have won more games than us and have more points. And none of them have Venkys!

I look forward to us going on a run and me eating my words.

Agreed and it has improves the squad in terms of quality and quantity.

Nothing easy in Football. Looked at how teams like Derby, Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds are struggling despite spending millions of pounds

I would suggest you would watch the game on Rovers Player at 12pm and see the performance and how well we played I have only spoke to people at the game but they were all encourage and Pleased by yesterday performance. so I looked forward to watching the game/

very true. a number of teams have weaken squad then we got IMO like Burton, Preston, Rotherham, Wigan and Cardiff. Yes Wigan and Cardiff have beaten us this season but Our squad is a lot stronger than we were in those games.

its good hearing that we were set up right and tactics were right.

And even at that zenith of Rovers season so far we couldn't manage what even a very poor Preston side did last month.

The problem for us is that we have our weakest squad even during Venkys short, disastrous reign. Even playing at our very best, with the manager selecting his strongest team we aren't good enough. That is the rub.

The inclusion of Lowe as captain and therefore permanent fixture is a symptom of our problems. A poor squad, a lack of leadership and a manager sticking two fingers up at fans: "the captain is not the only leader on the pitch" - no, but he should be the best one. Personally I'd say that the captain should earn the armband not have it handed to him as a long-service award.

Which teams do you thing are in a similar state to us? Because every one of them have won more games than us and have more points. And none of them have Venkys!

I look forward to us going on a run and me eating my words.

Has Coyle been able to select his strongest team yet, I would say not but Yesterday was about the close as we got all season. That resulted in a good performance and good point away at QPR.

Lowe as Captain, for me, the role of captain in a football has diminish over the years, so I don't see what the huge argument is and just another stick to hit the players with.

Hahaha. Normal service resumed.

Amazing how an international break galvanises and back to the football all is well again.

The captain isn't important. Brilliant.

This football messageboard so clearly we are going to talk about the games. If you dont thats fine Stuart.

I still want my team to win. I am Rovers fan

This football messageboard so clearly we are going to talk about the games. If you dont thats fine Stuart.

I still want my team to win. I am Rovers fan

Thanks chaddy, it's nice to have your blessing. You can post whatever you like as well chaddy. But don't expect to be taken seriously when you keep changing your tune.

Still think you are barking though if you think the team captain isn't important. But if course you only think that because FKW said it.

It's not the performances that matter, it's the results.

I think that staying up is just a stay of execution. We're not in a sellable form right now. I think relegation would precipitate administration or at least a writing -off of debts so that venkys can turn the tap off.

The alternative is to lumber on as we are, a dead man walking

Wow, had to edit that so that it made sense, I had to guess at some of it

Parson and Chaddy, since football and Rovers in particular, is apparently the bedrock of your lives, you might reflect that you have more to lose than most.

How will you fill your waking hours when Rovers are gone?

Because that is where we are heading.

Agreed and it has improves the squad in terms of quality and quantity.

Nothing easy in Football. Looked at how teams like Derby, Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds are struggling despite spending millions of pounds

I would suggest you would watch the game on Rovers Player at 12pm and see the performance and how well we played I have only spoke to people at the game but they were all encourage and Pleased by yesterday performance. so I looked forward to watching the game/

very true. a number of teams have weaken squad then we got IMO like Burton, Preston, Rotherham, Wigan and Cardiff. Yes Wigan and Cardiff have beaten us this season but Our squad is a lot stronger than we were in those games.

its good hearing that we were set up right and tactics were right.

Has Coyle been able to select his strongest team yet, I would say not but Yesterday was about the close as we got all season. That resulted in a good performance and good point away at QPR.

Lowe as Captain, for me, the role of captain in a football has diminish over the years, so I don't see what the huge argument is and just another stick to hit the players with.

The Chaddometer in full swing I see.

• Backroom

I understand what Chaddy and Parson are saying, and technically it's fair enough. Fulham and QPR have been better performances than our first few games, but that isn't saying much. We were absolutely diabolical in those first few games and have already given ourselves a mountain to club. The other problem is that despite improved performances we are still yet to pick up a win.

I believe that we have a good enough squad to avoid relegation, barely. But we need a manager who can squeeze every last drop out of these players and over a 46 game season Coyle is not that man. If we brought in somebody like Warnock I think we'd stay up.

But really, is that what we are now aiming for? Survival? If so, it will inevitably end one way and that's relegation - if it doesn't happen this season then it will almost certainly happen next season. We can't go on like this with a total lack of investment or proper care and expect to stay at the same level. It's a matter of if, not when, we go down. That's why all efforts must go into removing Venky's, we can start to look to the future again once they have gone and whoever is left tries to pick up the pieces of the mess they will leave us in.

It's an acceptable result in isolation.

However, to add a little perspective, the team one point and one place ahead of us accumulated their entire tally at QPR.

If yesterday's result is followed up with at least four points from the next two games, we can start to believe survival may be possible.

Even then it would only be a start.

We beat Man U away in our last relegation season. Did it mean anything?

But really, is that what we are now aiming for? Survival? If so, it will inevitably end one way and that's relegation - if it doesn't happen this season then it will almost certainly happen next season.

Nail. Head. Hit.

What happens after we are relegated? A renewed effort to reverse that and get back up? Or 'we need to cut our cloth' and more downgrading?

This is what we are fighting against when it comes to Venkys. There is no faith whatsoever that they are trying to run Blackburn Rovers as a successful football club, competing in this division and challenging for promotion. That is where we were before Jack - and what could be called our natural level. Yet we keep being told by their stooges that they want the best for Rovers.

Thanks chaddy, it's nice to have your blessing. You can post whatever you like as well chaddy. But don't expect to be taken seriously when you keep changing your tune.

Still think you are barking though if you think the team captain isn't important. But if course you only think that because FKW said it.

chaddometer.png

Archived