SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Next Five Games

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Just a typical pathetic posts.

You comment on a Rovers issue and give out praise to the players for a good result yesterday you get cricitise as per usual.

I forget you not allow to be positive or give our praise on this messageboard anymore.

Calm down dear, it's just a messageboard.

Tbh Chaddy, I'd think that was brilliant if it had mine or Tom's name at the bottom. Very clever categories.

That fact that it fits the fickle nature of football fans, exemplified by your good self is merely the cherry.

We have some extremely creative people on this board.

What is 'the club' aiming for? What is the ambition?

We've got owners who aren't interested, never come to games, never communicate, seemingly don't even speak to the club management and have now turned off the money tap and have embarked on a process of selling off everyone they can.

We've got one 'Director' who works at the club who has admitted he doesn't know what the plan is, doesn't know how the manager got the job, doesn't know if any money will be provided or if any players will be sold, doesn't know what the owners want, and when asked what the target was for the season came up with some bizarre 'target' which could mean anything.

If the only aim at the club is to save money, cut costs and try to survive in this league then we are going to go down sooner or later.

If the only aim is to cobble together a squad on the cheap using loans and short term contracts we are going to go down sooner or later. At the moment its basically a patching up job of every summer selling who we can and scurrying around at the end of the transfer window to find some players to fill the squad up until the next window.

Working on such a short term, improvised policy will see us go down eventually. A club needs to have stability throughout and a plan for the medium to long term and a structure to build around it.

Looking at the situation at present I have been encouraged by an improvement in the last 2 games. However, given our dire start to the season wins are needed urgently. Patting ourselves on the back for playing better than we were a few weeks ago will be no good at the end of the season if we don't put points on the board quickly. Our next 3 games of Leeds, Rotherham and Derby are against 3 sides just above us in the table who are all struggling to get results. It is absolutely imperative that we get a decent chunk of points from those games. A minimum of 4 from the next 2 games are needed otherwise we'll end up too far behind the others.

One thing that I am pleased to see is the presence of Huddersfield, Barnsley and Birmingham up at the top end of the league. Hopefully that will dispel the myth that the 'smaller' clubs can't compete any more and that good teams can be assembled on limited resources. One thing that frustrates me more than anything is the continuing 'we can't compete anymore' brigade who point to the likes of Newcastle and Villa as evidence that poor little old Rovers are destined to struggle as more time goes by. Well done to Huddersfield and Barnsley for proving that is incorrect and little more than an excuse to justify continued downsizing of standards and expectations.

You comment on a Rovers issue and give out praise to the players for a good result yesterday you get cricitise as per usual.

I forget you not allow to be positive or give our praise on this messageboard anymore.

No real offence meant Chaddy. You just got me with your closing comments about Lowe after not long ago you saying he shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

Lowe as Captain, for me, the role of captain in a football has diminish over the years, so I don't see what the huge argument is and just another stick to hit the players with.

I'm sticking with what I said. Leeds and Rotherham is 4 points.

And the QPR away point was a bonus.

If we can't take points off the other dross teams then we may as well give up - as we're not exactly going to start beating teams like Newcastle any time soon.

im trying to laugh...really....OOOOOPS TO LATE HAHAHA

I doubt if we had a real captain that anyone would be saying that the role of the captain wasn't worth as much any more. Leadership is one thing we've been lacking for years and still are and bringing in the right person to captain the side would make a huge difference imo.

its really funny how we agree that the chumpionship has some very average teams in it,but yesterday villa played forest,is that the 1st time 2 ex european cup winners have played one another in the 2nd tier of there leauge.

its really funny how we agree that the chumpionship has some very average teams in it,but yesterday villa played forest,is that the 1st time 2 ex european cup winners have played one another in the 2nd tier of there leauge.

Nobody in two generations would think of their European Cup wins to describe either team. Rovers won the PL half as long ago so we should be right up there in comparison to where we are.

I'm sticking with what I said. Leeds and Rotherham is 4 points.

And the QPR away point was a bonus.

If we can't take points off the other dross teams then we may as well give up - as we're not exactly going to start beating teams like Newcastle any time soon.

Like the optimism remember wigan and Burton we took a point off them two

I actually think the Division is stronger this season, hence we are in even greater peril.

When was the last time Forest were any good? Even under Keano we beat them 3-0 :wacko:

So Leeds' first home win since April against our hapless club. What odds on Derby breaking their drought against us in 10 days?

We're the club everyone wants to play. A perfect opportunity to get a win and relieve the pressure. Monk must have been delighted they had Rovers at home to try and get his first home win just as the pressure was cranking up. Pearson will be desperate for his first home win at Derby next Saturday and will have them ready to claim it. Even if they don't play well we will manage to find a way to self-destruct and hand them a lifeline.

So sick and fed up with all this.

Archived