BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Next Five Games

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incredibly we're still not been left behind. A win (ha!) versus Rother ham and we're still well in the mix.

I think this year is going to take a record low number of points to stay in this division - Wigan, Cardiff, Rotherham all don't look like they'll pick many points. Nor do Leeds or Preston imo. Mind you our chances of picking up any points is pretty lame but at least the target we're aiming for this year should be lower than usual.

Like I said a few games ago I just can't see where a win will come from. Maybe a draw or 2 but that's it, we are that team now that even when they play ok and might deserve something we'll still lose.

We are the ultimate turmoil club this season, last season there was 3 more and their squads weren't as good as ours either. Nature took it's course with them and it will with us.

Incredibly we're still not been left behind. A win (ha!) versus Rother ham and we're still well in the mix.

I think this year is going to take a record low number of points to stay in this division - Wigan, Cardiff, Rotherham all don't look like they'll pick many points. Nor do Leeds or Preston imo. Mind you our chances of picking up any points is pretty lame but at least the target we're aiming for this year should be lower than usual.

Leeds Cardiff wigan have all beaten us BTW

the most worrying thing is all the teams listed above that we've played have beaten us, I expect that number to be 4 by Saturday teatime.

Leeds Cardiff wigan have all beaten us BTW

the most worrying thing is all the teams listed above that we've played have beaten us, I expect that number to be 4 by Saturday teatime.

Agreed. and that's part of my point. Despite them all beating us they're not exactly streets ahead of us are they? It is the most worrying thing that we're giving teams around us wins - although to be honest on reflection I don't think we should be worried about Cardiff being able to beat us, that took a Duffy sabotage to happen. But yeah, a lot of these teams are beating us, which is uncomfortable at best.

Anyone can beat anyone in this league - although we may prove to be the exception - so having only a small gap between us, means in theory we could actually catch them up pretty quickly. Do I think we will - no; but my point was for such a shocking start we're not already way behind, and that other teams will be struggling and not getting many points at all. We'll only possibly take advantage of these things IF someone like Warnock was appointed, and given the circumstances of Coyle's appointment I'm not sure how likely that is. Guess I was trying to say that the league table situation could have been worse given our start, and that even with no finances etc. a good manager could get us to survive.

As some of us have said. There is still some proper dross in this league - and no matter what anyone says there is often little difference between a lot of the teams on any given day.

QPR losing 6-0 at HOME. What an utter shambles that was! Wolves losing 4-0 at HOME to Barnsley and the players 'giving up' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37364474- what a disgraceful excuse for professional sportsmen those lot are. Etc. etc. etc.

And as we've been through before - although we lost - last season we absolutely murdered the Champions at home.

In saying that - there's no denying that currently our team is the worst it's ever been and there is finally a team (Newcastle) that seems streets ahead of the rest- yet with some decent tactics and some effort we should have enough to get in and around 15th place (Coyle needs to go though as he's the dross that will take us down with the other dross).

I guess it just goes to highlight how bad Groundhog Gaz really was that he couldn't get a MUCH MUCH better squad of players into 6th place even after 2 seasons at the helm.

The only reason we stayed up last season was that we had a core of decent players combined with some clued up management. Say what you like about Bowyer and Lambert but both knew how to grind out results in this league. Even when not playing well and not scoring goals, both managed to keep the defence tight and that alone ensured we had plenty of draws to keep our heads above water. Hence Bowyer's 3 wins in 17 wasn't the end of the world and might not have seen us go down because we'd also drawn plenty which ensured we kept away from the bottom 3. Lambert then came in and maintained that tight defence whilst improving our fitness and trying to add to our options and variety up front.

We had the potent threat of Jordan Rhodes and his 11 goals up until January, and then after that managed to replace him with an in-form Danny Graham who carried that on.

Since then we've replaced defensively minded/capable managers with a bloke who is utterly incapable of setting a team up in an organised manner. Combine that with selling off the lynchpins of last season's strong defence and its absolutely no surprise to see us conceding more than 2 goals a game against rubbish sides like Leeds, Cardiff, Wigan and Burton.

Whilst the next 5 games are important, its the next 5 years we should all be worried about.

Whether we stay up this year or not, relegation to League One WILL happen with the current model and structure.

Its not too far fetched to see the following

Relegation to League One

Outgoings on Free Transfers/Contract Expiry/Loan returns - Hoban, Byrne, Stokes, Marshall, Samuelsen, Graham, Emnes, Gallagher, Hendrie, Guthrie, Evans, Conway.

Squad going into 2017/18 season in League One - Steele, Lowe, Ward, Akpan, Lenihan, Wharton and the rest of the kids

Looking at our Christmas/New Year schedule we are playing at lot of playoff/title challenging teams. If we don't get any points now it will be over by January.

Wow , you know who is going to win the league and be in the play offs

Please let us know who they are so we can put bets on ( don't tell mercerman though) :tu:

Whilst the next 5 games are important, its the next 5 years we should all be worried about.

Whether we stay up this year or not, relegation to League One WILL happen with the current model and structure.

Its not too far fetched to see the following

Relegation to League One

Outgoings on Free Transfers/Contract Expiry/Loan returns - Hoban, Byrne, Stokes, Marshall, Samuelsen, Graham, Emnes, Gallagher, Hendrie, Guthrie, Evans, Conway.

Squad going into 2017/18 season in League One - Steele, Lowe, Ward, Akpan, Lenihan, Wharton and the rest of the kids

Akpan's contract is up at the end of the season. Shame as League One may be about his level. I say that ambitiously though.

We won't make serious progress on the pitch until Coyle sorts out the defence.

Simple as that really, you can't have any success by conceding over two goals a game on average. The games we won when we went down from the Premier League were often 4-3, 4-2, 3-2 because K*an had no idea what to do with the defence and today, whilst it was good to see some goals for us, was a reminder of those wins that were ultimately in vain......

Exactly frosty, 2 goals conceded against Rotherham, Burton, and Cardiff the for good measure 3 against Wigan. All teams that are around the bottom. Occasionally we'll produce a performance like today but we can't be relying on scoring 3 or 4 against these teams every time.

Exactly frosty, 2 goals conceded against Rotherham, Burton, and Cardiff the for good measure 3 against Wigan. All teams that are around the bottom. Occasionally we'll produce a performance like today but we can't be relying on scoring 3 or 4 against these teams every time.

Cardiff?

C'mon you can't count them

Ok, so after our revenge win against Leeds in the much sought after EFL Cup there comes another set of 5 games.

Derby(A)

Sheff W (H)

Birmingham(A)

Ipswich (H)

N.Forest (H)

How many points are coming home from that lot?

Derby(A) Draw 2-2 - Points - 1

Sheff W (H) Win 2-1 - Points - 3

Birmingham(A) Draw 1-1 - Points - 1

Ipswich (H) Win 3-1 - Points - 3

N.Forest (H) Win 3-2 - Points - 3

Points Haul - 11

Fortress Ewood returns! We concede at least 1 goal every game! but we do have the strikers who can score!

Apart from 3 or 4 good teams the Championship is not at its best so whilst perhaps :wacko: optimistic the above is doable against the opposition we have. OH.............and we'll be pushing for the Playoffs :rover:

I'm off to see my shrink, nice man, makes me lie on a couch and talk ^_^

Archived