BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Trust's Agenda Version 2

ABBEY

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does seem as though there has been a hell of a lot of confusion since this meeting the other week. Basically the complete opposite of how it should have been. I don't want to speak too out of turn, but it does seem like Wayne Wild is very keen for some power and an eventual seat on the board at Rovers. (I can't even say power in this context without thinking of the quote from Scarface...). I know he posted on here at some point, so I'm sure if there were matters to clear up, he would do.

It all comes back to the need of the club being more important than the needs of individuals, ultimately. Which is the crux of the matter, for me.

We want the club to be clean so it needs a group with clean leadership and by that I mean clean of suspicion of any personal agendas. Might be wide of the mark having a pop at this guy but the mere fact we are is an issue in itself and he already has form with the V's so is unlikely to ever get the group near their front door.

Clarity needed immediately.

If this is true about Ewood, it should ramp up the anger amongst the fans again, to give the stalling protest movement a kick start ahead of the Wolves game! Intentionally or not.

This is only a rumour isn't it?

I wonder where it started.

WAR winding the fans up?

Cant say I believe the Ewood/ Brockhole rumours.

Ewood for example is an ACV, and worth not very much for the land.

Brockhole would require a change of land use prior to being able to build on there. As I've said before- it would take a brave councillor to give planning permission against 15,000 objections.

Unless there is some evidence of course.

Brockhole would require a change of land use prior to being able to build on there. As I've said before- it would take a brave councillor to give planning permission against 15,000 objections.

I think the only evidence you might get, is when it is a done deal

I cant see the residents of brockhall being happy about another few hundred houses going up i am sure there would be plenty of objections.

There is a covenant setting up Brockhall Village and a Walker Trust protection so Venky's have had to move on from what otherwise would have been a seriously valuable asset sale to look at Ewood.

Do I have written evidence for this? No

Do people anybody on this message board would accept as knowing what they are saying say this is the case? Yes

Do you want any more inside information? Don't ask me who they are.

There is no point posting on here is there?

There is a covenant setting up Brockhall Village so Venky's have had to move on from what otherwise would have been a seriously valuable asset sale to look at Ewood.

Do people anybody on this message board would accept as knowing what they are saying say this is the case? Yes

Philipl, I trust your instincts here.

Also, I have tried to message you privately, but the system won't allow it.

Please could you send me a private message about the"gagging order" type activity involving a dark lord, a so called football association and confirmation of X by Scudamore etc?

Do I believe Venkys have looked into selling brockhall/ewood? Yes, absolutely.

Do I think there's any chance it will happen? Nope. Too well protected, don't think they'd get planning permission and there would be a riot.

They've sold our playing assets and will probably find out they cant cash in any our property. Time to go, Venkys. Youve clawed back as much cash as you can now.

Not sure if anyone from the trust is available to comment or if it has been already asked...

Hypothetically speaking, say the trust get a seat at the board, would trust members have a say on who represents them by vote?

• Backroom

Notnsire if anyone from the trust is available to comment or if it has been already asked...

Hypothetically speaking, say the trust get a seat at the board, would trust members have a say on who represents them by vote?

Obviously not, judging by their WAR effort.

• Backroom

How do you mean mate?

They've still not got back to me, nearly 2 weeks later, they've ostracised Glen, and (as far as I'm aware) not got in touch with Madon.

No effort, but lots of apparently jostling for their own position.

There is a covenant setting up Brockhall Village and a Walker Trust protection so Venky's have had to move on from what otherwise would have been a seriously valuable asset sale to look at Ewood.

Thanks Phillip.

As good as snippet as anyone is to read on here.

Sure we have Ewood under lock and barrell too.

It seems to me that the Trust have made a big propaganda splurge on the back of renewed anti-Venky feeling arising out of the release of the documents, something they had no part in.

Then, after a big noise, back to normal, ie back to sleep.

Meanwhile the impetus has been lost. We would have got farther without their involvement. Sad.

They've still not got back to me, nearly 2 weeks later, they've ostracised Glen, and (as far as I'm aware) not got in touch with Madon.

No effort, but lots of apparently jostling for their own position.

Ah I see, seems like it would be better off if they took on some new faces to push it and keep it active.

• Backroom

Wayne Wild on Twitter:

''Hopefully a very interesting PR statement tomorrow with other issues also being investigated and actioned''

https://twitter.com/mrwawild/with_replies

Never sure why people announce that something is coming, it only serves to disappoint if the plug gets pulled or it isn't what was hoped for

That's about all the trust do, issue rehashed press releases .

Action speaks louder than words , I'm currently away on business , but if we see no direct plans or action by the weekend which we can pin our hats on , I think we move for plan B and actually put something together worthwhile.

It's criminal it's been allowed to go quiet the last fortnight.

WAR rode in our their white horse , on the wave of others efforts , then killed the momentum.

Are they working with us or the Venkys?

The trust wanted nothing to do with releasing information into the public information.

There exact response from their chairman was , let me speak to my PR, which was followed by , we don't want to ruin our position .

Now information is filtering out they want to jump on it like they have actually done something .

PUT UP or SHUT UP I say .

EITHER GIVE SUPPORTERS A REASON TO GET BEHIND YOU , OR BUGGER OFF AND LET SUPPORTERS WHO GENUINELY WILL BACK THEIR WORDS UP WITH ACTION GET ON WITH IT.

losing patience very quickly with people who just want their names on statements but back it up with zilch

Archived