BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] #coyleout

ABBEY

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No appointment guarantee's safety, and with the way Coyle was brought in I doubt he will be removed. So in my opinion your two fronts amount to, nothings changed.

Things have changed, because yesterday Cardiff were one of two clubs worse than us this season, sinking quickly under a poor manager, and one of a small number of clubs we could confidently say were on course to finish below us. Now they've made a change at the top and there's a very high likelihood that they will improve significantly and survive.

Nothing has changed at Ewood. Same manager, same flaws, same problems that look no nearer being sorted out. Cardiff have taken decisive action to resolve their problems and have just appointed the best qualified man for the job to get them out of trouble. He might not guarantee safety, but I can't think of anyone who would give them or anyone else a stronger chance in this league.

Things have changed, because yesterday Cardiff were one of two clubs worse than us this season, sinking quickly under a poor manager, and one of a small number of clubs we could confidently say were on course to finish below us. Now they've made a change at the top and there's a very high likelihood that they will improve significantly and survive.

Nothing has changed at Ewood. Same manager, same flaws, same problems that look no nearer being sorted out. Cardiff have taken decisive action to resolve their problems and have just appointed the best qualified man for the job to get them out of trouble. He might not guarantee safety, but I can't think of anyone who would give them or anyone else a stronger chance in this league.

I would now find it very difficult betting on Cardiff to get relegated this season with Warnock in charge. He will get them organised defensively, committed, hard-working and focused, playing for each other straight away. He will use any window to very good advantage and knows the type of player required to help. Very good appointment for Cardiff, albeit possibly short-term.

Neil Warnock is currently taking his first news conference as Cardiff City manager.

Here's an interesting line from the 67-year-old.

"It’s been an interesting summer for me," he said.

"I spoke to three or four clubs since the summer - two went with foreign managers, one went with an English manager, and one’s not got a clue what they’re doing."

Rovers?

Neil Warnock: "I spoke to three or four clubs since the summer. Two went with foreign managers, one went with an English manager, and one's not got a clue what they are doing!"

Any guesses which that club is?

Edit - just seen the above!

• Backroom

Absolute Classic...

Get it on the venkysout.com quotes

Leave it with me... if I've not got it on by saturday give me a nudge as I'm quite busy tonight and will end up forgetting!

Can't imagine Warnock working in this set up. Doubt anyone could persuade him to take the job and doubt even more that he would keep it for more than a few days if he did take it. Heard him on radio last week and he was clearly after a now till end of season rescue act to then walk away to retirement. That's what he will get at Cardiff.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely Kean reincarnated. Coyle seems to say something ridiculous in each interview. He sets the team up, decides formations, substitutions and tactics and then blames the players. He is a blagger who is so far out of his depth he needs an oxygen tank.

Sign injury prone Charlie Mulgrew then get a game or two before he's er... injured. Gets fit then he's terrified to put him in again in case.... yeah that's right he's injured again !

Trial 36 yr old injury prone 50 games in FIVE seasons Wes Brown and he immedietley gets you know what in pre season. Dally around for him to get better instead of looking elsewhere then give him a contract with money we haven't got because he's good to have around the place and he'll be great back up. Get precisely no games out of him a few weeks after he's signed and then we need that back up desperately.........but guess what !

This man is an utter clown in short pants OR he's just carrying out orders from the shadows !

• 3 weeks later...

Archived