BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] #coyleout

ABBEY

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It amazes me that a manager chosen by some bloke called Pasha (and another unidentified nobody) is somehow immune from criticism. Coyle is very poor at his job. If people want to criticise for also being an ex-dingle then that's up to them. It's not important. What is important is that he is a poor manager chosen by two people who i'd imagine know nothing about football.

We could have had Warnock. He knows the job. But no, two know-nowts dredged up a career that was dying in the footballing backwaters of Houston, bottom of a shyte league.

If we go down we're properly fooked. If we go up we might earn enough money in one season that Venky's recoup all their losses and sail into the sunset. The least they can do is get a proper manager, not just some busted flush with a nice line in patter.

COYLE OUT, it massively matters.

Whilst Coyle is not our worst problem, he is, nevertheless, a problem, and the longer he stays the more of a problem he becomes, deflecting from the real issue which is ridding the club of venkys and all those attached to them. We need rid of Coyle asap because he is no good at the job he's been appointed to do, no more no less. How complicit he is in what's going on, where he managed previously should not matter. Several managers have been sacked or walked this week. Coyle needs to go asap.

I couldn't care less who the manager is right now so he can stay as far as I'm concerned. Far bigger issues afoot here than if the manager resembles a monkey or not.

I know but he still needs to go whoever the owners are

It amazes me that a manager chosen by some bloke called Pasha (and another unidentified nobody) is somehow immune from criticism. Coyle is very poor at his job. If people want to criticise for also being an ex-dingle then that's up to them. It's not important. What is important is that he is a poor manager chosen by two people who i'd imagine know nothing about football.

We could have had Warnock. He knows the job. But no, two know-nowts dredged up a career that was dying in the footballing backwaters of Houston, bottom of a shyte league.

If we go down we're properly fooked. If we go up we might earn enough money in one season that Venky's recoup all their losses and sail into the sunset. The least they can do is get a proper manager, not just some busted flush with a nice line in patter.

COYLE OUT, it massively matters.

Do you really think the Venkys want the club to be successful ?

The club is being dismantled , soon there will be nothing left except the Venkys !

• Backroom

I think he's probably safe as houses but hope I'm wrong.

Clubs will be twitchy at the moment with all the allegations around and you can't see many wanting to bring in a new manager, luckily for us ours wouldn't look far and just appoint the closest person in the club most likely!

If Seneca had been successful he (nor his second rate staff) would be anywhere near Ewood. As I said yesterday he blagged his way in by giving his egotistical bull**** (which he is a master at) to somebody I wouldn't trust to appoint a manger for Mill Hill St Peters. And he is cheap which you would expect somebody with his poor record to be.

We need to be hard to beat to have a chance of surviving with a threadbare low quality mostly borrowed squad. Coyle has never ever been a guy who makes his teams hard to beat, infact quite the opposite.

The big question is did those appointing him actually realise this or not ? The Venkys are happy to be made out to be stupid if you ask me.

I know hes least of problems but how much longer do we keep this kean2 ???

two problems with this :

A, would Venkys want to pay Coyle and the coaching team off?

B, who could be brought in for the same price, or cheaper (as that seems the main criteria these days) and could improve the team, squad, performances and results?

I think the list could be written on the back of a postage stamp. As ever with the main issues at the club, an impossible situation with little/no light at the end of the tunnel. How utterly @#/? depressing!

Coyle will have the standard Venky one year rolling contract so he won't be potted soon. It will be left as long as possible which, after all, is Venkys tried, tested and failed way of management.

It will be too late, as ever with these clowns.

Unless there was an empty stadium,of course! Can't see a full one cutting it! :blink::wacko:

I can see your point, however wouldn't that be a very similar situation to Allardyce/Kean in terms of position and experience?

Maybe not as look at the squad we have now look at the pedigree of Brown surely he'd command respect amongst our bunch of kids and modest achievers.

Just thinking of a cheap replacement and imo he'd be a better punt than the likes of Dunn at this point. If this continues under Coyle then we've nothing to lose by potting him and putting someone in temporary charge and hoping he fits the bill like Bowyer did results wise at first instead of the next dreadful Venky 33-1 shot stooge.

Does Warnock ever go anywhere for more than half or one season as troubleshooter?

I mean if he had come, how long would it have been for before we had to delve back into the unknown?

The other point is...what would we all be saying if he came and we were still crap? Would people be more inclined to think the real problem could be in India?

Does Warnock ever go anywhere for more than half or one season as troubleshooter?

I mean if he had come, how long would it have been for before we had to delve back into the unknown?

The other point is...what would we all be saying if he came and we were still crap? Would people be more inclined to think the real problem could be in India?

He's a poor man's Allardyce.

If Seneca had been successful he (nor his second rate staff) would be anywhere near Ewood. As I said yesterday he blagged his way in by giving his egotistical bull**** (which he is a master at) to somebody I wouldn't trust to appoint a manger for Mill Hill St Peters. And he is cheap which you would expect somebody with his poor record to be.

doesn't Coyle live near Battersby and Currie?

Coyle will be going nowhere. Even if he was being judged on results, which I don't think he is. Whatever he's been brought here to do it isn't related to winning football matches and achieving a set target in the league. Its obvious from Coyle's and Cheston's comments he hasn't been set a target other than some vague and pointless aim of 'being competitive in this league'. What does that mean? I'd suggest we could lose every game 1-0 this season and that constitutes 'being competitive'. Alternatively it could mean being mid-table, which we're certainly not going to achieve.

Meanwhile other struggling teams will make changes very soon. Derby have already potted Pearson and have picked up results since. Villa are close to sacking Di Matteo and with that squad will climb the league. Cardiff will make a change soon with Trollope on his last legs and it wouldn't surprise me to see Warnock turn up at either Cardiff or Rotherham again as a troubleshooter and keep them up. We had a chance of landing Warnock who at the very least would have steadied the ship and ensured survival this season, but for some unknown, possibly sinister reason felt Coyle was a better option.

We're going to be relying on 3 teams being worse than us this season to survive. At the moment there are two, Cardiff and Rotherham, with Wigan probably at a similar level to ourselves. Beyond that Preston have started climbing, Villa and Derby are underachieving and will almost certainly not be in the relegation mix, and other than possibly Burton I can't see anyone in mid-table or above dropping into the dogfight. The likes of Fulham and QPR will probably have too much.

Archived