BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] #coyleout

ABBEY

I'm not sure of the relevance of that in respect of my post.

I heard he is good friends with Battersby and Currie. I could be wrong tho

Coyle will be going nowhere. Even if he was being judged on results, which I don't think he is. Whatever he's been brought here to do it isn't related to winning football matches and achieving a set target in the league. Its obvious from Coyle's and Cheston's comments he hasn't been set a target other than some vague and pointless aim of 'being competitive in this league'. What does that mean? I'd suggest we could lose every game 1-0 this season and that constitutes 'being competitive'. Alternatively it could mean being mid-table, which we're certainly not going to achieve.

Meanwhile other struggling teams will make changes very soon. Derby have already potted Pearson and have picked up results since. Villa are close to sacking Di Matteo and with that squad will climb the league. Cardiff will make a change soon with Trollope on his last legs and it wouldn't surprise me to see Warnock turn up at either Cardiff or Rotherham again as a troubleshooter and keep them up. We had a chance of landing Warnock who at the very least would have steadied the ship and ensured survival this season, but for some unknown, possibly sinister reason felt Coyle was a better option.

We're going to be relying on 3 teams being worse than us this season to survive. At the moment there are two, Cardiff and Rotherham, with Wigan probably at a similar level to ourselves. Beyond that Preston have started climbing, Villa and Derby are underachieving and will almost certainly not be in the relegation mix, and other than possibly Burton I can't see anyone in mid-table or above dropping into the dogfight. The likes of Fulham and QPR will probably have too much.

With the squad we got now, the target should be mid table(around 13/14th) for the end of the season.

Derby look like they are after Steve McClaren now,

Villa have been linked with about 3 managers already(Lee Johnson, Steve McClaren, David Wagner)

Cardiff could appoint anyone so who knows but wont they be looking for a head coach as that the structure they have?

Cardiff, Wigan and Rotherham are very poor teams. I can see Burton, Barnsley and Maybe Fulham dropping down.

Fulham have totally dropped off form since beating us which is a surprise considering the manager and the squad but they were close to going down last season

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

two problems with this :

A, would Venkys want to pay Coyle and the coaching team off?

B, who could be brought in for the same price, or cheaper (as that seems the main criteria these days) and could improve the team, squad, performances and results?

I think the list could be written on the back of a postage stamp. As ever with the main issues at the club, an impossible situation with little/no light at the end of the tunnel. How utterly @#/? depressing!

Absolutely correct.

All those in power at Ewood are complicit,all are taking the Venky Rupee before the good of the club.All strategically employed to toe the Venky line....Smoke 'n' Mirrors.

It really is an almost impossible situation we face to break down the wall they have created and hide behind.I just hope to God we can find a way in the end...

With the squad we got now, the target should be mid table(around 13/14th) for the end of the season.

Based on what? You have previously said that theres no point sacking Coyle, so we've 3 handicaps already, Coyle as manager, Lowe remaining as captain and therefore playing whenever available, and a poor start leaving us ground to make up already.

There is some real crap in this league, but what makes you think that we can show top half form to make up the deficit we already have? Baring in mind we have a defence of loans/frees that our manager has yet to get a single clean sheet from, and based on his defensive records elsewhere, that isnt likely to change.

Our best players are Emnes, who is only here until January, Evans who is already on his second injury, Marshall who doesn't want to be here and is having to compensate for the woeful Lowe who is playing behind him, and Conway, who cant do it all on his own.

We have Steele, Raya, Williams, Lowe, Feeney, Lenihan, Akpan, I could go on, all of whom are regulars in the squad despite adding nothing. To add to this, we have a half full stadium of fans who are rightly always at tipping point because they can see their club being run into the ground. So where has this prediction come from? Granted, I would say that a competent manager could keep this team up fairly comfortably, but 13th? With Coyle?

Also - Cardiff, Wigan and Rotherham are very poor teams. I can see Burton, Barnsley and Maybe Fulham dropping down.

Cardiff, Fulham and Wigan have already all beat us, and we got a draw at home to Burton. Just remember that aswell.

Based on what? You have previously said that theres no point sacking Coyle, so we've 3 handicaps already, Coyle as manager, Lowe remaining as captain and therefore playing whenever available, and a poor start leaving us ground to make up already.

There is some real crap in this league, but what makes you think that we can show top half form to make up the deficit we already have? Baring in mind we have a defence of loans/frees that our manager has yet to get a single clean sheet from, and based on his defensive records elsewhere, that isnt likely to change.

Our best players are Emnes, who is only here until January, Evans who is already on his second injury, Marshall who doesn't want to be here and is having to compensate for the woeful Lowe who is playing behind him, and Conway, who cant do it all on his own.

We have Steele, Raya, Williams, Lowe, Feeney, Lenihan, Akpan, I could go on, all of whom are regulars in the squad despite adding nothing. To add to this, we have a half full stadium of fans who are rightly always at tipping point because they can see their club being run into the ground. So where has this prediction come from? Granted, I would say that a competent manager could keep this team up fairly comfortably, but 13th? With Coyle?

Also - Cardiff, Wigan and Rotherham are very poor teams. I can see Burton, Barnsley and Maybe Fulham dropping down.

Cardiff, Fulham and Wigan have already all beat us, and we got a draw at home to Burton. Just remember that aswell.

Firstly, thanks for question.

It is based on the quality that the squad in my opinion. Also I wouldn't trust them to pick a good manager if they tried apart from Lambert who they let walk away. Also That's they picked Coyle over Warnock over the summer. Coyle has got on with his job and not moaned about the lack of backing tho. which is what the owners seems to like. was Coyle my choice? of course not

Coyle has said that Marshall wants to stay now.

Steele is a decent keeper at this level, But Raya needs to go out on loan and gained experience.

Williams is very decent left back on this level, Feeney and Akpan are poor, Lenihan is young and will make mistakes but under Lambert he performed very good last season.

since the Cardiff and Wigan games we have signed some very decent quality players.

on the defence, Hoban has been a good loan signing. Coyle needs to organised the defence much better like Rowett has done at Birmingham But Greer wasn't meant to be first team regular but more of a back up player. I wouldn't have signed Feeney but instead got a right back in. Hendrie looks poor and IMO our left back Jack Doyle looks better than him from what Ive seen of the player

Coyle will be going nowhere. Even if he was being judged on results, which I don't think he is. Whatever he's been brought here to do it isn't related to winning football matches and achieving a set target in the league. Its obvious from Coyle's and Cheston's comments he hasn't been set a target other than some vague and pointless aim of 'being competitive in this league'. What does that mean? I'd suggest we could lose every game 1-0 this season and that constitutes 'being competitive'. Alternatively it could mean being mid-table, which we're certainly not going to achieve.

Meanwhile other struggling teams will make changes very soon. Derby have already potted Pearson and have picked up results since. Villa are close to sacking Di Matteo and with that squad will climb the league. Cardiff will make a change soon with Trollope on his last legs and it wouldn't surprise me to see Warnock turn up at either Cardiff or Rotherham again as a troubleshooter and keep them up. We had a chance of landing Warnock who at the very least would have steadied the ship and ensured survival this season, but for some unknown, possibly sinister reason felt Coyle was a better option.

We're going to be relying on 3 teams being worse than us this season to survive. At the moment there are two, Cardiff and Rotherham, with Wigan probably at a similar level to ourselves. Beyond that Preston have started climbing, Villa and Derby are underachieving and will almost certainly not be in the relegation mix, and other than possibly Burton I can't see anyone in mid-table or above dropping into the dogfight. The likes of Fulham and QPR will probably have too much.

Have to agree with the very first statement. He was hired from nowhere, apparently ahead of a candidate way more qualified than Coyle. That was NOT for football reasons. Afraid he's UNSACKABLE, the sequel, Venkies Revenge.

It is based on the quality that the squad in my opinion. Also I wouldn't trust them to pick a good manager if they tried apart from Lambert who they let walk away. Also That's they picked Coyle over Warnock over the summer. Coyle has got on with his job and not moaned about the lack of backing tho. which is what the owners seems to like. was Coyle my choice? of course not

But nearly anyone is better than Coyle, who has a CV of failure. So you are willing to accept a proven failure as manager because they might appoint another proven failure instead? Makes no sense.

And not moaned?! Everyday in the paper he moans about his lack of funds. Only the other day even when mentioning that he wanted Steven Fletcher.

Kean said Hoilett wanted to stay, I'm not sure I trust Owen "Who are SEM?" Coyle any more than him, the fact that he needs to say it every week, yet nothing is signed tells me alot. His performances arent what they were last season.

Steele is a decent keeper at this level, But Raya needs to go out on loan and gained experience.

Steele has had a slight up turn in form but still kicks half of his clearances in to touch and lets in far too many shots.

Williams is very decent left back on this level, Feeney and Akpan are poor, Lenihan is young and will make mistakes but under Lambert he performed very good last season.

Theres a reason that Williams was let go by Bristol City, he is average at best, Lenihan has very little ability and it is clear that it was just that Lambert was getting what he could out of him by giving him a defined role in a settled team.

since the Cardiff and Wigan games we have signed some very decent quality players.

Emnes yes until January, Mulgrew for 20 minutes? Hoban and Williams part of a defence still to keep a clean sheet? Samuelsen sitting on the bench every game?

on the defence, Hoban has been a good loan signing. Coyle needs to organised the defence much better like Rowett has done at Birmingham But Greer wasn't meant to be first team regular but more of a back up player. I wouldn't have signed Feeney but instead got a right back in. Hendrie looks poor and IMO our left back Jack Doyle looks better than him from what Ive seen of the player

Yeah he does, but there is no sign of him doing that! Or any evidence that he can do that based on his time at previous clubs. How do you know what he intended Greer's role to be? Seems like he sees him as a first team player to me. Yeah, but he did sign Feeney, whilst continuing to play an absolute liability at right back, as captain no less.

Also, why is the team noticeably less fit than last season, why are we conceding loads of early and late goals? Why has our main striker gone from someone who was excellent last season to someone who looks overweight and barely getting any chances now? Why has a player like Marshall gone from being our 2nd best player to looking like his head is elsewhere? I'll give you a clue, he has the initials OC...

Does Warnock ever go anywhere for more than half or one season as troubleshooter?

I mean if he had come, how long would it have been for before we had to delve back into the unknown?

The other point is...what would we all be saying if he came and we were still crap? Would people be more inclined to think the real problem could be in India?

Imagine that. What a nightmare.

Come April we'll be wishing we had a Warnock to get us some points in the board.

Have to agree with the very first statement. He was hired from nowhere, apparently ahead of a candidate way more qualified than Coyle. That was NOT for football reasons. Afraid he's UNSACKABLE, the sequel, Venkies Revenge.

Agree on most of it but I don't get exactly what Venkys have to get revenge for ? A few people having a pop on social media ? Don't forget it's just a tiny minority hate them as far as they are concerned and the other missing thousands will return if we win a few games !

If it's a revenge mission it's being plotted from somewhere else I'd say, Venkys couldn't care less.

But nearly anyone is better than Coyle, who has a CV of failure. So you are willing to accept a proven failure as manager because they might appoint another proven failure instead? Makes no sense.

And not moaned?! Everyday in the paper he moans about his lack of funds. Only the other day even when mentioning that he wanted Steven Fletcher.

Kean said Hoilett wanted to stay, I'm not sure I trust Owen "Who are SEM?" Coyle any more than him, the fact that he needs to say it every week, yet nothing is signed tells me alot. His performances arent what they were last season.

Steele has had a slight up turn in form but still kicks half of his clearances in to touch and lets in far too many shots.

Theres a reason that Williams was let go by Bristol City, he is average at best, Lenihan has very little ability and it is clear that it was just that Lambert was getting what he could out of him by giving him a defined role in a settled team.

Emnes yes until January, Mulgrew for 20 minutes? Hoban and Williams part of a defence still to keep a clean sheet? Samuelsen sitting on the bench every game?

Yeah he does, but there is no sign of him doing that! Or any evidence that he can do that based on his time at previous clubs. How do you know what he intended Greer's role to be? Seems like he sees him as a first team player to me. Yeah, but he did sign Feeney, whilst continuing to play an absolute liability at right back, as captain no less.

Also, why is the team noticeably less fit than last season, why are we conceding loads of early and late goals? Why has our main striker gone from someone who was excellent last season to someone who looks overweight and barely getting any chances now? Why has a player like Marshall gone from being our 2nd best player to looking like his head is elsewhere? I'll give you a clue, he has the initials OC...

Mulgrew 20 mins of a 3 year contract !

Forgotten he existed , now that signing looks very odd indeed , especially when we are allegedly cost cutting !

Warnock on verge of Cardiff appointment. Oh well!

There goes another club that we were pinning our hopes on finishing above. There goes one of the very few managers out there who could and would have come here short term and kept this club up. Not many left once Villa and Derby pull clear, that's if the people running this club ever realise what's happening and decide to do something about it.

There goes another club that we were pinning our hopes on finishing above. There goes one of the very few managers out there who could and would have come here short term and kept this club up. Not many left once Villa and Derby pull clear, that's if the people running this club ever realise what's happening and decide to do something about it.

The thing is , it doesn't matter who our manager is, whilst the present owners are in position. We may finish bottom, we may finish mid table, but I do not think whoever would be manager would make any difference to the outcome.

The thing is , it doesn't matter who our manager is, whilst the present owners are in position. We may finish bottom, we may finish mid table, but I do not think whoever would be manager would make any difference to the outcome.

I profoundly disagree. Warnock would've comfortably kept us afloat.

I understand what you are saying. I accept that in the medium to long term the clubs trajectory and performance on and off the pitch will continue to deteriorate as long as these people are here and making the key decisions, and the only way the club will enjoy success or sustained improvement is with either new ownership or brain transplants for the Rao family.

However, I believe that there are ways that in the short term the negative influence of Venkys can be mitigated and that the club could be hauled up the league despite what they are doing to us. It might mean that a year from now we are back to square one - down at the bottom of the Championship and looking likely to go down, but at least it would buy us more time. I'd happily change manager every 12 months if it prevented us dropping into the 3rd division until these people have had enough and leave.

I've never seen us in the 3rd division. I desperately don't want to see us there. Up until the last couple of years I never thought I would ever see us there. Now I think its almost guaranteed under this manager, and there are a very small pool of people out there both willing and able to come here and work for these people with arms tied behind backs who would keep us up despite Venkys. Warnock was the standout candidate among those, he's now joined a rival.

Lets remember that Cardiff are almost, almost, as dysfunctional and chaotic as we are. Their owner is very unpopular, has made mistake after mistake, is cutting back on costs, their attendances are dropping rapidly. At least they've got a board of directors and aren't £100 million in debt. Yet now they've made such a sensible appointment I'd bet anything that they'll survive this season if Warnock lasts there until May.

Warnock's appointment all but guarantees them safety. It also takes a potential replacement for Coyle out of the picture. So we're stuffed on two fronts.

No appointment guarantee's safety, and with the way Coyle was brought in I doubt he will be removed. So in my opinion your two fronts amount to, nothings changed.

Archived