BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Brighton

tomphil

No much on here about Duffy, he was always going to score, but how did he play?

Played to his strengths ie lumped it up in the air to him most of the night. Didn't get near exposing his frailties such as playing it on the deck and drawing him out to get in behind.

His distribution was typically poor.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone not attending or who sat there tonight and reality struck home then back the Seneca bid. You are doing more harm then good continuing to go for those still attending.

It's a fraud what you are seeing now. It will take time and possibly years but this club like Rangers can recover but don't leave it to late.

Funnily enough I was just discussing this earlier, with one of my Rovers supporting mates. We both came to the conclusion that some sort of Fraud must have taken place as its the only logical answer to why they would turn this bid down. Assuming they are still losing £1million per month and are still £100 million in debt, why else would they remain and turn this offer down?

I used an analogy of a Sandwich shop, that I let a couple of friends run for me. If I had loads of money and it was costing me money in the first

year or two, I may still run with it. If however 6 years down the Road, it was costing me serious money monthly and I was racking up losses, would I continue? If someone then came along and said, I will take this over for you and give you they money you have lost back if I turn it around, would I pretend I hadn't heard this offer? If the same offer was I will also fund the business in the meantime, as I have investors who will put money in, then I would think my birthday and Christmas had arrived at the same time.

However if I had a body hidden under the floorboards and knew this would be discovered on sale, then and only then, I may think twice.

What gets me most about Lowe is he never takes the ball on the turn and gets his head up. It's one of the first things drilled into a centre midfielder but he takes it flat every time and picks the safe pass, potentially killing any momentum. He can barely control the ball properly and this guy is our captain. The one thing he does well is fill in for other players who are out of position. Blows my mind that this guy has made almost 200 appearances for Rovers.

That will be one of the easiest games Norwood and Stephens will ever play last night, against a powder puff midfield like ours.

Shocking performance across the board last night bar Lenihan. There was a couple of occasions when we had someone down the wing ready to put a ball in and, with three strikers on the pitch, none of them were breaking their neck to get into the box and of course our dynamic central midfield hardly ever got within 25 yards of our strike force all night, as per.

Indicative of the lackadaisical (putting it mildly) attitude that envelops our club right now, from top to bottom. The way in which we are 'run' filters down across all facets of the club, as you would expect it to really. Running a club in this way will only attract shysters and the wrong type of characters.

So I'm not even going to lay much blame at Coyle. Yes he should organise the defence a lot better but as pointed out on here recently, it's not something he's ever been able to do successfully. He's here because he's cheap and desperate, our players are here because they are freebies and rejects (plus offered 3 year deals in the case of Mulgrew and Stokes) and we have a puppet board (a skeleton one at that) that have no power and are only here to satisfy Football League requirements.

I don't know how much longer I can support and get behind this club with it's current structure. I have a season ticket but with my wife and 6 month old daughter at home whilst I'm at Rovers, it seems folly of me to attend.

I know I'm not the only one to feel like this obviously, it's just heartbreaking to see the club run like this.

Anyway I won't waste anymore of your time, rant over!

For sale, central midfield player with 200 appearances behind him in the second tier of English football. For sale central midfield player, who has failed to make the grade at a club in the second tier of English football. Which of those for sale signs is more appealing? BRFC are no longer about winning football matches and EVERYTHING centres around that, including the selection of the players.

Corry Evans has made 100 appearances for Rovers and scored 3 goals.

Jason Lowe has made 155 appearances for Rovers and scored 1 goal.

4 goals in 255 competitive games for two central midfielders. Something very, very wrong there.

Whilst Evans has always been inconsistent he's better than he's showing at the min but Lowe being next to him has always brought out the worst in him imo. Seems to go even further into his shell whenever these two are together and they were a real weak link of the side a few years ago surrounded by better players.

Same old crap driven by a non footballing agenda, give them games so their value keeps up whilst their agents get their cut from apps fees probably. Whoever manages will be under these instructions i bet even Lambert would've had to put Lowe in somewhere, no wonder he fired of as Jason got fit !

Funnily enough I was just discussing this earlier, with one of my Rovers supporting mates. We both came to the conclusion that some sort of Fraud must have taken place as its the only logical answer to why they would turn this bid down. Assuming they are still losing £1million per month and are still £100 million in debt, why else would they remain and turn this offer down?

I used an analogy of a Sandwich shop, that I let a couple of friends run for me. If I had loads of money and it was costing me money in the first

year or two, I may still run with it. If however 6 years down the Road, it was costing me serious money monthly and I was racking up losses, would I continue? If someone then came along and said, I will take this over for you and give you they money you have lost back if I turn it around, would I pretend I hadn't heard this offer? If the same offer was I will also fund the business in the meantime, as I have investors who will put money in, then I would think my birthday and Christmas had arrived at the same time.

However if I had a body hidden under the floorboards and knew this would be discovered on sale, then and only then, I may think twice.

3 of the Venkys might say yes but fat Barry and his hidden partners might say no. They are having too much fun with whatever it is they are up too running players and cash through the pipes.

The only way is to take the club away from them but how ?

If there are any seriously wealthy people out there please get private investigators into this lot and go through it with a fine tooth comb. You'd think the Walkers might have done that by now, then again ......... :blink:

Evans looked a different player under Lambert, he and Lenihan formed a really good parternship in there for a period.

With a place in his countries WC squad up for grabs B)

Evans looked a different player under Lambert, he and Lenihan formed a really good parternship in there for a period.

I suspect he's struggling with a chronic groin problem and that accounted for his poor showing and early withdrawal last night.

Fun fact: We were 10th in goals for in Rhodes and Gestede's much vaunted 'two 20 goal scorers!' season.

Goals against are obviously frustrating, but I'm not entirely convinced in the traditional 'build from the net out', 'defence wins championships', etc. narratives. Need to score a lot of goals to get out of this league (if that was ever our goal this season... er, going up I mean!) from all parts of the pitch.

Fun fact: We were 10th in goals for in Rhodes and Gestede's much vaunted 'two 20 goal scorers!' season.

Goals against are obviously frustrating, but I'm not entirely convinced in the traditional 'build from the net out', 'defence wins championships', etc. narratives. Need to score a lot of goals to get out of this league (if that was ever our goal this season... er, going up I mean!) from all parts of the pitch.

We're not talking about going up. We're talking about staying in this league. Totally different situation.

• Backroom

It's pretty obvious that conceding goals is our primary issue. Sort the defence out first, then get your front line in order. That's how proper managers do it. Hopefully we'll have one at some point in the future.

Of course you need to score goals. The best way to score goals is to stay tight at the back for as long as it takes, get the first goal then when the opposition pushes players forward as they will have to do, hit them on the break. That's how good teams go about it.

Continually going behind in games makes it impossible.

Sorry, can't agree. We've offered little threat and are lucky not to be 2 down.

Chaddy was right at that point. If we had swapped Goal Keepers we'd have been one up at that stage.

Chaddy was right at that point. If we had swapped Goal Keepers we'd have been one up at that stage.

Having seen a bit of Robinson play for the dark side on tv he's still a better keeper than Steele, certainly for our level anyway.

Lowey gets another 90 mins.

What does he do well bar 5 year passes backwards?

He can't read the game or make an inception, he can't tackle, he can't pass forwards, He can't shoot and he can't run convincingly.

Can we please see him on the bench?

Preferably somebody else's bench.

Emnes looks like another Feeney chaddy what happened to right back Nyambe is he not good enough one for you now ?

Who's your left winger ?

Emnes is nothing like Feeney. He had a poor game but does usually have a bit more class than the rest of the team.

Don't think Evans has been fully fit since he returned from the WC - would be no surprise to see him go under the surgeon's knife imminently. Meanwhile, seemingly no news on Mulgrew - would have thought our supposedly much vaunted medical team would have had the scan and results by now.

He had all our strikers in his pocket. Dominated throughout. He never played like that for Rovers.

Won every header going but we still kept lumping the ball forward in the air.

Got booed every touch and received a regular personal chant in honour of his alleged onanistic tendencies.

Scored.

Meh.

He had all our strikers in his pocket. Dominated throughout. He never played like that for Rovers.

It's very similar to the Dann phenomena, if you're covering space left by team mates in midfield and across the back 4 it's difficult to look accomplished, you look out of position and all at sea more often than not.

Put obvious tallent in a better side and you see the rewards.

His ball distribution was always terrible though.

Archived