BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Brighton

tomphil

• Backroom

No much on here about Duffy, he was always going to score, but how did he play?

Like Danny Shittus long lost brother

One thing he is good at is winning headers so we decided to aim for his head

Rubbish on the deck but had one run where he tried to Be Craig short but then lost the ball

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's very similar to the Dann phenomena, if you're covering space left by team mates in midfield and across the back 4 it's difficult to look accomplished, you look out of position and all at sea more often than not.

Put obvious tallent in a better side and you see the rewards.

His ball distribution was always terrible though.

Very much the Dann phenomena, treat the club and fans with contempt and only turn it on when you know your being seriously scouted or it's a big game. Go on the lash when you feel like it, miss games when you feel like then got your move after just being plonked at Rovers by your agents to earn a wage whilst marking time. Go and bust a gut week in week out for your new team.

File these 2 with Orr as being the biggest trio of @#/? ever to play for Rovers and that's saying something !

The similarities don't stop there either :huh:

"As long as there are people like Cheston and Coyle who are prepared to work under the conditions set be Venkys then the show will go on."

This is very much the Crux of the matter Stuart.There will always be people ready to line their own pockets at our expense.These people are not Rovers supporters and at the end of the day they will tow the Venky line for coin.

The only way to break this cycle is to oust Venkys for good but how the hell we achieve this is beyond me...these people are so ignorant and stubborn it beggars belief.

The individuals currently employed at Ewood on all levels are our very own fifth column,right here,right now.

Smoke 'n' Mirrors for your kind Rupee Madame?

:angry:

The only way to get rid of them, is to somehow find the key to the purchase. It cannot have been a legal straight forward transaction, far too many things point to that. How we find it and prove it, is anyone's guess.

Won every header going but we still kept lumping the ball forward in the air.

Got booed every touch and received a regular personal chant in honour of his alleged onanistic tendencies.

Scored.

Meh.

His goal was just like one of his efforts at Cardiff.

Makes you wonder doesn't it!

Emnes is better coming off the bench for me.

Nyambe is still developing. I talking a proper experience right back.

Conway plays left winger for me on Saturday

Conway and Marshall look the best pairing last night on the right just don't think Craig Conway is your natural left winger. As for Nyambe his development to play first team football is over he's either good enough to start or he isn't.

Emnes is nothing like Feeney. He had a poor game but does usually have a bit more class than the rest of the team.

First time I've seen him Al and he didn't look good never a premier league player many a time when he could have showed for the defenders by moving into space to receive tha ball but he was either too slow or didn't show.

The heart of the whole town must be breaking. It took me a while to get off to sleep last night. I didn't even go to the game but the frustration is getting to me.

i live 7k miles away in paradise, but things like your football club being ruined by shisters still hit home.

How can such illiterate utterings be turned into a meme?

Hasn't he got some toddling-towards-the-touchline-cupping-hands-and-screeching-then-about-turning-and-speed-walking-back-again-like-an-extra-from-trumpton to do?

Stuart I agree with all you say, which is why I don't quote, other than blaming stayaways. As far as I'm concerned people can do as they wish. I was only pointing out that 15000 lost fans, and we have to acknowledge many will never return, will be impacting on the "saleability" of the club.

I've simply given up discussing it all as there is no chance of a consensus or reconciliation.

Venky's and their backers are to blame. No one else.

And it won't change till they go. If they won't go, the club will fold.

Finally speaking some truth.

Will he do anything about it? No.

He should damn well have them prepared, organised and motivated to perform better than that. Time the spotlight turned on him, i'd say it's time the crowd put the rocket up one or two players as well but they'll just turn around and mouth f-off like the manager such is the toxic nature of the relationship between club and fans created by these scumbags.

He should damn well have them prepared, organised and motivated to perform better than that. Time the spotlight turned on him, i'd say it's time the crowd put the rocket up one or two players as well but they'll just turn around and mouth f-off like the manager such is the toxic nature of the relationship between club and fans created by these scumbags.

Like Bowyer, Coyle has got off very lightly with the fans, due to 'the real problem' being Venkys.

We have to put up with an ex-Bumley manager because it might make us look bad.

We have to put up with an unsackable, poor manager because nobody better would come (conveniently ignoring that Lambert did).

Our poor battered, humiliated, humbled crowd are not putting a rocket up anyone. They will sit and watch. They won't leave after 75 minutes of a televised game in protest but they will leave after 80 when we go three goals down. It's all completely organic now. It's going to take half a dozen defeats on the trot for the crowd to turn on him but he will get the odd draw or win and we will keep calm and carry on.

It should be both barrels for the whole lot of them Sat if it's another shoddy effort but your right there'll barely be a whimper. Lucky for him he'll never feel the wrath of Ewood like his former stable mate because there's nobody left, not that it would make any difference to his position.

His goal was just like one of his efforts at Cardiff.

Makes you wonder doesn't it!

No wondering- those own goals and the sending off were clearly premeditated and deliberate.

The previous own goal has potential room for doubt but I wonder about that one too.

I was going to post after the game the other night but didn't get chance so I assume most of the points I was going to make will already have been covered but here goes anyway.

Someone made the point that the propaganda machine was in full swing after the game and that Radio Rovers were trying to make it sound a bit like a plucky odd goal in five defeat to the runaway second place team etc and I noticed that as well. The focus was very much on two goal Sam Gallagher and on how all was not lost as in general we were still always supposedly a threat to the opposition going forward and still scoring goals etc etc.

Well no one should be in the least bit fooled by either the 2-3 scoreline or the fact Greer got himself sent off. The single goal defeat flattered us in the extreme and the difference between the two sides was like chalk and cheese even though Brighton were nothing special whatsoever, just well motivated, well organised, and sharp on the break when the opportunity prevented itself.

The thing that struck me the most was how similar our performance was to those under the latter stages of Bowyer's tenure. When we got the ball our first thought seemed not to be to drive forward and try to make something happen but to turn our backs to the opposition goal and go back, sideways, sideways, back, forward sideways back sideways and ten to fifteen passes later end up either exactly where we started off or with the ball back at Steele's feet having started off on halfway.

In my view the players have never properly shaken off the holiday camp attitude which appeared to be prevalent under Bowyer. Having put in an excellent performance at Newcastle and captured all three points they appear to have been of the view that their work for the next few weeks was done and followed that with two atrocious performances in the next two home games and a similarly poor first half against Preston. The players seem to be starting to tire of whatever it is Coyle is telling them and he seems to be at a loss as to how to motivate them properly week in week out.

Individually, the worst player on the pitch by some distance was Evans. I would describe him as average at best in general but the other night he didn't put a stroke in. I wonder if he thinks he's found another Club for January? Marshall needs driving anywhere to anyone who's stupid enough to give us a fee for him, Conway looks finished on recent performances and Lowe isn't anywhere near good enough. Can't see much hope of us surviving unless we can somehow revamp the midfield in January and add a bit of drive and creativity in the middle and pace on the flanks. It's also essential imo we keep hold of Emnes and Gallagher or improve on that and we badly need a right back and a decent centre half as well.

As we all predicted beforehand Coyle isn't turning out to be the answer either and needs replacing. Maybe a combination of all the above would just about see us to safety.

A good few of the followings days newspaper match reports saw through Coyles nonsense, one describing him as clutching at straws. Another said despite his upbeat attempt at intimating we were unlucky the truth was a routine Brighton victory.

Archived