BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Brighton

tomphil

That was appalling.

I have never seen such a gutless, lethargic and clueless performance in my life.

How we scored 2 I will never know. David Blaine would be proud of that trick.

Evans and Lowe. Just get out.

We made Duffy look like Beckenbauer.

Akpan should have seen a straight red for stamping on the Brighton player's back.

We were outclassed across the pitch but at no stage did we even try to put up a fight. 4-0 to BHA would not have flattered them.

We've just been trashed at home to Brighton. It's sickening.

Two clubs heading in very different directions.

League 1 football is already here.

From a great poster in the past who seems to be less frequent.

100% this.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steele awful. We do need a new keeper, right back, centre back and centre mid plus Emnes permanent but zero chance of backing from the owners. They dont care

Emnes looks like another Feeney chaddy what happened to right back Nyambe is he not good enough one for you now ?

Who's your left winger ?

Club propaganda in overdrive tonight, talking about Gallagher's brace and losing narrowly to promotion chasing Brighton. I understand its their job but it really is cringeworthy stuff. Not long before the talk about our 'unbeaten run' at Ewood coming to an end, but never mind we can't compete with these clubs can we?

Truth be told Brighton did a number on us and the result was never in doubt. Like Burnley in previous seasons Brighton have the ability to manage games very well, allow the opposition plenty of the ball, maintain a strong defense and efficiently and ruthlessly take their opportunities when they do come along. They didn't really look like they needed to get out of 2nd gear to overcome us tonight. They knew exactly what to expect from Rovers and knew that Rovers haven't the manager or personnel to change things later on in the game if things aren't going well. They also have it sussed with the officials and know how to play them to their advantage. At crucial moments in the second half they slowed the game down to their advantage, picked up cheap free kicks and ran the clock down to take the momentum out of the game when we had pulled a goal back. Nothing wrong with that, its the bonus of having a savvy manager who knows these inept buffoons officiating at this level can be conned repeatedly, just a shame we don't appear interested in doing the same on the rare occasions we've something worth defending.

As for Rovers performance, well it followed a similar path to numerous other performances this season. Actually started the first 5-10 minutes the better of the teams and had them on the back foot, then when they settled into it the quality quickly deteriorated. Falling behind (yet again) to a routine corner the first time they had gone forward with any serious intent. Baffling substitutions when chasing the game in the second half. Quite what Hope Akpan and Liam Feeney are going to bring to the party I'm not sure. If I was Corry Evans I think I'd be questioning my mental health having just been taken off whilst Jason Lowe stayed on. I know Evans isn't exactly taking teams apart but he's by some distance a better CM than Lowe and if making a change in that department then there was only one man to take off.

The most interesting thing on Saturday will be how Coyle deals with the most recent defensive crisis. No Greer so that surely means he will have to start with either Wes Brown or Scott Wharton. If the contract saga rumours are true with Wharton then its about time the club confessed to that one if he doesn't get in on Saturday. Likewise if Brown isn't ready to step into the breach in our current state then someone should be taking Coyle to task for his signing rather than just meekly accepting his story of 'he's not quite ready for 90 minutes' excuse despite him training at the club since July. My expectation is he'll shoehorn boy wonder Lowe into CB killing two birds with one stone. He can ensure our Captain gets his starting place whilst solving the defensive crisis and freeing up CM for Guthrie or Akpan.

Anyone not attending or who sat there tonight and reality struck home then back the Seneca bid. You are doing more harm then good continuing to go for those still attending.

It's a fraud what you are seeing now. It will take time and possibly years but this club like Rangers can recover but don't leave it to late.

Emnes looks like another Feeney chaddy what happened to right back Nyambe is he not good enough one for you now ?

Who's your left winger ?

Emnes is better coming off the bench for me.

Nyambe is still developing. I talking a proper experience right back.

Conway plays left winger for me on Saturday

No left back? The 2 Coyle signed are absolutely hopeless.

Williams is good enough. Doyle should be 2nd choice.

A keeper is must me. I would look at Fulham 2nd choice keeper.

But any transfers come down to the owners and will they spend. I doubt it unless its a free transfer signing

• Backroom

Well could do a rant but I'm not sure I can stomach going back over it. I've never seen such an effortless, uninspired performance in my life. Saturday my formation would be 7 at the back and 3 up top. To finish a quality performance Marshall stopped running for No reason I shouted chase it you lazy b@@##d and he politely told me to f@## myself because I'm a p*@#k and carried on sauntering about. Happy days. Nice to see our Shayne again. Seemed happier than usual

At one point in the first half I think Conway was breaking down the right and Marshall started to overlap and give him an option then literally just stopped running and made it easy for the defenders

Some match ratings from me:

Steele (2) Dropped a clanger for the third and had a few other shaky moments. Add to that the third Preston goal he should have stopped on Saturday and he has cost us two points over the last two games. Time to drop and give Raya a chance? A new goalkeeper in January would be nice.

Marshall (5) Weird sort of up and down game at times looked good and tried to make things happen but at others looked poor. Still our best option at RB in my opinion, which says more about our squad than it does about him.

Greer (3) Up against his former club didn't have the best of games his distinct lack of pace means he has to get close to forwards to stop them getting behind. Ultimately got too close on a couple of occasions, the second one was foolish given how card happy the referee was.

Lenihan (6) I'm a fan of his and I think he should be our first choice centreback alongside Hoban (when fit).

Williams (6) Seemed weird giving the man of the match award to a defender when you concede three. I thought he had a decent game but still needs to improve his output going forward.

Evans (4) Looked off the pace, not fully fit?

Lowe (5) Did you see the spin he did in the first half? we are going to call that the J-Lo twirl. His performance was again infuriating but for me he's an holding midfield who's okay at winning the ball back but when asked do anything else he's limited.

Conway (5) Put in a few decent crosses first half, thought he dived for the penalty appeal in the first half.

Gallagher (7) Asked to play a number of different positions in this game (left wing, centre midfield and eventually upfront) took his goal well late on.

Emnes (3) Dissapointed that he didn't get involved in the game at all. One player in our team with a little creativity and intelligence, surely should have been dropping deeper to get involved in the game more.

Graham (5) Good shot in the first half but other than that not involved in the game

Forget throwing Raya in loan him out bring in a solid experienced keeper from somewhere till end of season and stick Steele on the bench. That's a sensible football way to do it and if they can waste wages on old center halves they can surely find a keeper on loan short term who still has something to offer. We are in a relegation scrap ffs and any short term recruitment should reflect that.

• Backroom

More insults and childish comments from you

No chaddy, he was calling you out on talking utter nonsense about the first half. You said we didn't deserve to be behind and plaYedingham some good stuff.

That suggests you either know zilch about football or didn't watch it properly.

My dogs would play better football than Rovers, and they've been dead for 3 years.

Evans and Lowe shouldn't start another game. They both were absolutely rotten. They have no intention of going forwards when they receive the ball. They are just happy to trap it (if they can) and pass back or sideways.

As we do not have a midfield who can go forwards, We spent the entire rancid first half hoofing it up so Duffy coould outjump Emnes.

If we did manage to get the ball out to Conway, he would advance but have no support inside of him. Therefore he either had to go backwards or lob a ball in to the box so that Duffy could outjump Emnes.

God that was bad.

Evans and Lowe shouldn't start another game. They both were absolutely rotten. They have no intention of going forwards when they receive the ball. They are just happy to trap it (if they can) and pass back or sideways.

In most cases when they receive the ball they don't even look forwards, the first option always seems the negative one of backwards or sideways.

Failure to take responsibility, through lack of talent, to drive the team forwards.

Anyone not attending or who sat there tonight and reality struck home then back the Seneca bid. You are doing more harm then good continuing to go for those still attending.

It's a fraud what you are seeing now. It will take time and possibly years but this club like Rangers can recover but don't leave it to late.

I chose to disagree with your view I'm doing more harm than good. My take on this is to ignore the attitude some take towards supporters who still attend - that's not a poke at you I simply can't be bothered with the endless repetitive discussion it generates.

Where I do take issue, and your use of the example negates your first point, is on recovery. From what I have read the Rangers support did not desert the club so helping to demonstrate the value in rescuing the club.

One issue we have at Ewood now is possibly 15,000 have gone probably never to return. This is immensely damaging to the club's prospects of rescue. Other than blind loyalty to the cause it's hard to see a reason for "investing" in Rovers.

I for one have not deserted the club ...I've deserted venky fc and the corruption.

I'm sure you haven't but if the report of 6,100 actually in the ground is true we have 15,000 who are not attending. If 5000 are true boycotters we've still lost 10,000.

I'm not having a dig at anyone but a few people on an MB saying they will be back, and I'm sure they will be, makes no difference.

No chaddy, he was calling you out on talking utter nonsense about the first half. You said we didn't deserve to be behind and plaYedingham some good stuff.

That suggests you either know zilch about football or didn't watch it properly.

My dogs would play better football than Rovers, and they've been dead for 3 years.

Well that your opinion. But not mine and also alot of people around me said the same as I posted.

Btw, I always watched every minute of every Rovers game.

For me people at missing the point we are targeting various villains and focusing on the mundane side of our day to day football. What happened to all the momentum back in the Summer and throughout this year of targeting Venky's? The trip to India? The adverts? Why are not looking at the bigger picture getting people together with one god dam goal. VENKYS OUT! We shouldn't care about Coyle, and Cheston as they would be replaced with the right owners.

There was one bloke in the Blackburn End last night singing "We Want Venkys Out". The heart has gone out of protests.

WAR are partly responsible. They've taken a lead and - on the face of it - done absolutely nothing. I really want to believe that there is a lot of good work being done in the background but if that doesn't end with Venkys selling up, it's just as futile as matchday protests.

As long as there are people like Cheston and Coyle who are prepared to work under the conditions set be Venkys then the show will go on.

It's like somebody having all of their limbs and most of their internal organs removed. How much more can be taken before we die?

More insults and childish comments from you

You bring it on yourself chaddyrovers that was rubbish don't say otherwise..

The table isn't lying its factual

BTW you still haven't answered the question about the Wolves game

Well that your opinion. But not mine and also alot of people around me said the same as I posted.

Btw, I always watched every minute of every Rovers game.

So you didn't protest

I chose to disagree with your view I'm doing more harm than good. My take on this is to ignore the attitude some take towards supporters who still attend - that's not a poke at you I simply can't be bothered with the endless repetitive discussion it generates.

Where I do take issue, and your use of the example negates your first point, is on recovery. From what I have read the Rangers support did not desert the club so helping to demonstrate the value in rescuing the club.

One issue we have at Ewood now is possibly 15,000 have gone probably never to return. This is immensely damaging to the club's prospects of rescue. Other than blind loyalty to the cause it's hard to see a reason for "investing" in Rovers.

Paul rangers attendance dropped to the 20s from the 40s especially when the IPO was raised and later on ended up in difficulty again and with the Easdales etc.

Archived