BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Blackpool Protest: 1Pm At Brown Cow, Moving On To Ewood Park.

Mike E

Brilliant for me to get to better know and chat to some like minded fans today, from both sides. I know that by protesting the situation we find ourselves in at the moment, I am in the right camp (Neal and me had a chat, and the right/wrong thing really resonated with me). The only agenda to any Rovers fan should be to rid the club of the cancerous scum that call themselves our owners, by any and all means necessary. It's really time for people to step up to the plate who are willing and able. Massive thanks to those of you who worked so diligently in highlighting our plight today - I'd mention names but too many to single out... and you're in it for the right reasons. We CAN win this fight. We MUST keep trying.

Was great chatting with you mate, been a while since i've spoken to other Rovers fans who share the same passion and outlook. I wish there were more willing to protest but if there never are i'll be happy that there are at least a few of us in it together that are honest decent folk. I also got to meet Mr Venkhater, top bloke also.

Despite if we win this fight, fighting is the right thing to do. If we never get the support from our own we'll have to keep up the joint protests with other clubs, which has proven today are more effective. We're stronger and louder together.

Lets get this FA cup final protest going, it could potentially have a massive impact.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if there was 1000 I'll show my ass in the town hall steps... 300-400 maximum with a 35/65 split between Rovers and Blackpool fans. Apart from a few tennis balls on the pitch and 10/20 coming in at the end with a small blue smoke bomb thrown on the pitch that didn't reach the touchline, nothing of note really happened.

What happened to the NAPM more from Blackpool fans? A good 1500 there...

Protests reported on Sky Sports news, BBC TV, Radio Lancashire, Radio 5 live, 606 phone in, Independent, Daily Mail, New York times maybe MOTD ( not seen it yet) but you say, 'nothing of note really happened'.

What happened outside Ewood was much more important than what happened inside and probably more enjoyable. In my opinion!

Protests reported on Sky Sports news, BBC TV, Radio Lancashire, Radio 5 live, 606 phone in, Independent, Daily Mail, New York times maybe MOTD ( not seen it yet) but you say, 'nothing of note really happened'.

What happened outside Ewood was much more important than what happened inside and probably more enjoyable. In my opinion!

Amen to that comrade.

More of these protests should be arranged with the Blackpool fans imo. Personally, I think it could do more damage if both sets of fans work together, as the effect and numbers would be greater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I read it! I thought at the time what a bloody joke. I'm 70 and live hours way from Blackburn, and won"t be visiting again till Venkys have gone. The Trust has a DUTY to inform all its members of what they are about not just those who can sidle up to the bar at the Ewood WMC!

Amateur doesn't cover it. You take my subs annually but don"t value me! PM me and tell me what I would have heard if I'd been able to drop into the WMC at Ewood!

The issue that time was the failure to use Trust money to fund the Indian advert. the additional one is why the Trust is playing no role in today's protests, no role that I know of anyway.

When the balloon goes up, fans are relying on the Trust to act. Is it capable?

Ive replied to this in the Trust thread. Plus see your Messages.

He threw a firework on the pitch i think.

Looked like he was arrested. Not sure why but there is a clip on TheRovers facebook page.

The young lad was ejected from the ground for throwing a smoke bomb on the pitch, I spoke to him earlier he was released without charge.

Please don't click on this garbage.

If you arrogantly dismiss the views of a percentage of the fan base then the protest movement will only ever be a small and insular group. Yesterdays turn-out showed that.

It's all about convincing fans that it is in theirs and the clubs interests to boycott/protest/whatever. If you can't make the argument then it just makes it easy for idiots to sneer right back at your sneering.

I think he means most of the comments are fake. Weirdo Burnley ,Preston and Venky staff infest the LT.

I think that's the kind of paranoia I was referring to. :tu: Have you read the comments? A few potential protesters in there. Not spreading the word and making the argument on one of the biggest Rovers comments sites is self-defeating. It's like some on here are scared to be challenged so they have to stay on a site where everyone agrees. Roverstalk is the same but from the opposite end of the divide.

Having had another look, there's some very pro-protest comments made actually. Don't be so quick to judge.

No, my point being no one should be reading the telegraph anymore. It wasn't so much aimed at you but for anyone about to click.

very smug reply,do you support venkys?.if not what form of protest do you think should happen next,because today was a damp sqib from what ive seen.

no smug at all - factual. Do I support Venkys? I stopped reading there...

You seem delighted

delighted that we won. Read what I said to Neal about my hopes for the protest - can't be much clearer than that.

How would you know if you didn't go to the protest?

I was in McDonalds and watched it go past. A decent vantage point to comment I feel...

no, I stated what DID happen follow by other than that 'nothing of note happened'

If you want to take my comments out of context, that's your choice.

• Backroom

If you arrogantly dismiss the views of a percentage of the fan base then the protest movement will only ever be a small and insular group. Yesterdays turn-out showed that.

It's all about convincing fans that it is in theirs and the clubs interests to boycott/protest/whatever. If you can't make the argument then it just makes it easy for idiots to sneer right back at your sneering.

Honestly, if the last six years haven't convinced fans that the ownership is worth protesting against, you have to assume nothing short of the club being wound up will.

The radio lancs twitter videos show the scale of it pal. Strange how someone claiming to be so pivotal in previous protests seems to be so keen to belittle them all of a sudden but then you are an unusual flower. I shant waste time on fathoming the inner workings of Andy Neill's mind, i've got a wall to paint.

It is garbage, why bother with it? Can't change some people, just have to forge on and pick up as many as possible on the way

Archived