BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Blackpool Protest: 1Pm At Brown Cow, Moving On To Ewood Park.

Mike E

The difference, to me, between those other clubs and us is the fanbase. Other clubs fans have rallied around to save their local teams I just don't see the public of Blackburn doing this. Apathy abounds sadly. One only has to look at the 3rd Division of old, even a successful 2nd division club we did not pull that great a number of fans. Not until Jack and the new found and now gone gloryhunters did we get decent numbers. No, I think the majority of the locals would sit idly by and watch BRFC disappear

Many are doing just that now

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From reading this it sounds like we have a People's Front of Judea situation here. Why can't people put their egos to one side and get behind something which is a chance to actually make an impression. We have the media coming along mob handed to see this and we'll probably have a couple of hundred people protesting and everyone thinking of reasons why they aren't. Divide and rule eh.

Nope its them from the Judean's People Front that's at fault. :)

BBC:

Blackburn Rovers 0-0 Blackpool

Posted at

16:02

Around a thousand fans from both clubs marched to the game together in a mutual protest at the way their clubs are being run. NObody is happy.

if there was 1000 I'll show my ass in the town hall steps... 300-400 maximum with a 35/65 split between Rovers and Blackpool fans. Apart from a few tennis balls on the pitch and 10/20 coming in at the end with a small blue smoke bomb thrown on the pitch that didn't reach the touchline, nothing of note really happened.

What happened to the NAPM more from Blackpool fans? A good 1500 there...

Few things leave me speachless as a Rovers fan these days but...

Pascha came out of the players enterence handed a phone to a colleague then stood in front of us and had his photo taken. Hardly anyone recognised him until i pointed him out amd what he was doing. As soon as I started shouting of him he darted back inside. The sheer gaul of the fella... If anyone wanted more information on this person then you know everything you need to know about him in that simple act. Disgraceful.

Was proud today, was good to talk to the Blackpool fans, share frustrations, sing songs together. It felt good to be part pf something at Ewood again. I've lost my voice signing "Venkys Out, Oyston Out".

With 5 minutes to go I walked on the ground at the Bburn End with a Pool friends "Oyston Out" scarf and chanted "Venkys Out! Oyston Out!"... The Blackburn End looked at me like I was from Mars. This action did spark a little "Venkys Out" chant but nothing more. Whilst that was dissapointing I was still proud of those who protested today. On the pool side there were OAP's, young kids, average joe's... All really nice people. Rovers fans were also a credit, not as diverse in age as the pool fans but samg loud amd proud. Despite being in the Championship and Pool being in League 2 I felt a little envy towards the pool fans, they have togetherness and act like a family, that can't be said of my own.

Just driven the last of the pool fans back to train station, look forward to seeing them again... Shame the game wasn't a draw. Was good to meet the chaps of the messageboard for the first time, some throughly nice blokes with the head and hearts in the right place.

Well done to all involved. Fans United, we'll never be defeated.

Exactly West Yorks.

So what if there were 9000 and not 3000 in the ground. 900 protesting and not that 9000.

It is about getting the campaign in the news- we have been everywhere from the Daily Telegraph to the New York Tmes!

I've no idea how many actual Coventry fans protest against SISU, but I know all about their struggle.

Keep the cause in the news and stop bothering about how Joe Bloggs in the Blackburn End wouldn't sing Venkys Out.

It is incredible how many Rovers fans have switched off to the demise of our club.

I completely understand why Blackpool fans are more vocal and militant as their owners have directly opposed and confronted them with legal action and court fees. Imagine if Balaji Venky regularly drove to Ewood with a VenkysOut cherished plate and abused Rovers supporters directly on social media and took us fans to court?!!

Today's joint protest was impressive and will have theFA looking over their shoulders....

Something Better Change

Few things leave me speachless as a Rovers fan these days but...

Pascha came out of the players enterence handed a phone to a colleague then stood in front of us and had his photo taken. Hardly anyone recognised him until i pointed him out amd what he was doing. As soon as I started shouting of him he darted back inside. The sheer gaul of the fella... If anyone wanted more information on this person then you know everything you need to know about him in that simple act. Disgraceful.

Was proud today, was good to talk to the Blackpool fans, share frustrations, sing songs together. It felt good to be part pf something at Ewood again. I've lost my voice signing "Venkys Out, Oyston Out".

With 5 minutes to go I walked on the ground at the Bburn End with a Pool friends "Oyston Out" scarf and chanted "Venkys Out! Oyston Out!"... The Blackburn End looked at me like I was from Mars. This action did spark a little "Venkys Out" chant but nothing more. Whilst that was dissapointing I was still proud of those who protested today. On the pool side there were OAP's, young kids, average joe's... All really nice people. Rovers fans were also a credit, not as diverse in age as the pool fans but samg loud amd proud. Despite being in the Championship and Pool being in League 2 I felt a little envy towards the pool fans, they have togetherness and act like a family, that can't be said of my own.

Just driven the last of the pool fans back to train station, look forward to seeing them again... Shame the game wasn't a draw. Was good to meet the chaps of the messageboard for the first time, some throughly nice blokes with the head and hearts in the right place.

Well done to all involved. Fans United, we'll never be defeated.

Well done today to all Pool and Rovers fans who participated. Thank goodness there was no trouble, and brilliant coverage as well.

Proud of you. And my Mum's Birthday was a lovely, she had a great family day.

Well done today to all Pool and Rovers fans who participated. Thank goodness there was no trouble, and brilliant coverage as well.

Proud of you. And my Mum's Birthday was a lovely, she had a great family day.

Well a group of lads leaving Ewood came up to my dad who was with a Pool fan, wasn't making any noise or bother and proceeded to get in his face saying words along the line of "you lot are ruining this club"... Luckily (for him) I was ahead of the group and didn't see it. Some cretins left at Ewood these days.

Well a group of lads leaving Ewood came up to my dad who was with a Pool fan, wasn't making any noise or bother and proceeded to get in his face saying words along the line of "you lot are ruining this club"... Luckily (for him) I was ahead of the group and didn't see it. Some cretins left at Ewood these days.

They are a disgrace and must be as thick as pig dung.

Chicken s**t not pig dung.

Mind you Rovers always has a fair few simpletons supporting them.

They're the usual mooks that would be interviewed outside Ewood during the Kean era.

"Well, I don't know what the problem is with this Kean fella. He's doing a reet good job if ye ask me. T'protesters should just get behind the lads!"

The joint protest achieved everything it strived to do, fans united against shoddy ownership. Great result especially as the Tangerines desperation to deprive their parasites of financial revenue in a cup run is far greater than ours.

Proud of the protests, was prevented from attending.

Let's hope for a minnow at Ewood in the next round.

The thought of Venkys lucking out and pocketing the cash from Utd, Ars or Spurs is unsettling.

Proud of the protests, was prevented from attending.

Let's hope for a minnow at Ewood in the next round.

The thought of Venkys lucking out and pocketing the cash from Utd, Ars or Spurs is unsettling.

I want Charlton!

Archived