BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Blackpool Protest: 1Pm At Brown Cow, Moving On To Ewood Park.

Mike E

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a disgusting individual. We think Venkys are bad and they blummin are but at least on a personal level all we get is indifferent silence. Blackpool fans get lawsuits and personal insults flung at them by the d*ck ruining their club. That'd put me off watching football for life.

He's a scumbag but at least he'll do interviews, go to games, and doesn't live a million miles away...

No matter what happens tomorrow, heads held high!

Sad part about that independent article, is the comment around will there be a full boycott, and the answer is no. While you respect those who want to attend, it again comes down to 1 game to show the solidarity amongst the fans

Can somebody clarify whether this is a WAR organised effort or just BRAG? Are Birdy/Ewood blues boycotting this/taking part in protest?

This isn't a pop at anybody by the way. Just hoping everyone is on board with this. Well done to both Blackpool and Rovers' groups for getting some great publicity. I thought The Independent article was particularly damning.

Can somebody clarify whether this is a WAR organised effort or just BRAG? Are Birdy/Ewood blues boycotting this/taking part in protest?

This isn't a pop at anybody by the way. Just hoping everyone is on board with this. Well done to both Blackpool and Rovers' groups for getting some great publicity. I thought The Independent article was particularly damning.

It is not a WAR effort

WAR doesnt exist anymore

Ewood Blues and the Trust are not involved to my knowledge.

Birdy will attend the match as is his choice although I suspect he supports the protest.

Trust not involved at all and no statement from them, unlike the Blackpool Trust.

Organised by BRAG, Tangerine Knights and Blackpool Trust.

Hope you will be there

Thanks for clarifying. Can't make Brown Cow but will be outside the ground by 3. Hope all goes well and well done to those who organised it.

Very poor from Rovers Trust IMO. Are they a busted flush now?

The Trust have their own agenda.

Well it certainly isnt a agenda for a AGM.

The AGM is set for March 17th, venue to be confirmed.

Disappointed in the Trust, wondering why I joined up. Could someone in the Trust convince me otherwise?

47er in my role as Vice Chairman I invited anyone to come and talk to me personally at the Ewood WMC club before the Birmingham game recently, an invite a number of people took up!

As above, there is an AGM on March 17th, perhaps you can attend for an update on why you should continue with your membership and a reminder of what the Rovers Trust has achieved and is looking to achieve in the near future?

Perth I know you cant make it to this but a full set of minutes will be issued to all members after. Similarly if you have any specific queries in advance of the AGM let me know.

Sorry Off topic. :o

What is happening at this club and within the wider football world, is not the fault of the supporters who sit at home today, nor is it the fault of those who stand outside, as much as it is not the fault of those who attend the game to support the team. The blame lies solely at those incompetent, ignorant owners and the governing bodies entrusted to protect our football clubs and their lifeblood.

You only have to listen to the comments of Karl Oyston yesterday, a man who genuinely believes that he and his family are Blackpool Football Club, and this is where the game is going wrong, Blackpool FC is not Mr Oystons, the same as Blackburn Rovers is not the Raos, these clubs belong to the supporters, the one constant at each club for generations, and this point is being missed….Its ours and not yours, it’s not a business, it’s a football club.

There is a call for a boycott of the game today, it is just one game for us Rovers’ supporters and some will and some won’t, but we must respect each persons right to a democratic choice on what their individual course of action is, I just encourage everyone to soul search, consider all the reasons and make a decision that is right for yourself.

Each person entering the ground and clicking that turnstile today will be a statistic used by both clubs as a ‘happy supporter’ and this could not be more further from the truth. Whatever course of action people take today, I’m sure almost to a man they’d welcome the sale of this football club with open arms.

We have a duty as supporters of this club to ensure it is safeguarded for future generations, and to hold those who are destroying it accountable for their actions. There is a whole generation of supporters to come, who do not yet have a voice and who need us to be the voice that fights to ensure there is a football club for them to support in years to come.

Many clubs before Blackburn Rovers have fallen victim and been on the verge, those very clubs survived, albeit just about, this was largely down to supporters rallying around and fighting to protect their club, and this needs to be done from a united voice.

We need togetherness in our supporter base, yes we will make different decisions on what is best for the team/club, but we must always remember who the enemy is and not turn on each other.

I ask supporters who are staying away, who have been staying away for a while now, to return today, and march to Ewood Park and STOP at the gates and not enter, enforce the point you are making and attend the stadium today, standing shoulder to shoulder with fans sharing your concerns.

I ask the supporters who are attending the match today, to still consider joining in the protests outside of the match-time. March with your fellow supporters, express your concerns together and send a clear message to the watching world.

I ask the supporters who say they won’t join in, because “the numbers are always too low”, to consider how much higher those numbers would be, if everyone with this attitude just got involved!

Local Media, National Media and International Media are all interested and watching this, and are all supportive of the action being taken – the platform is provided, the world is watching and NOW is the time to show unity as a supporter base. Whatever decision you take personally today, regarding the boycott – you can still send a clear message that enough is enough.

This is not falling on deaf ears, I have been contacted by the office of Tracey Crouch (The Government Minister for Sport), who is aware of the protests and the concerns being highlighted and is offering an audience with her in Westminster in the coming weeks. As I said earlier, the time to be heard is now.

From reading this it sounds like we have a People's Front of Judea situation here. Why can't people put their egos to one side and get behind something which is a chance to actually make an impression. We have the media coming along mob handed to see this and we'll probably have a couple of hundred people protesting and everyone thinking of reasons why they aren't. Divide and rule eh.

47er in my role as Vice Chairman I invited anyone to come and talk to me personally at the Ewood WMC club before the Birmingham game recently, an invite a number of people took up!

As above, there is an AGM on March 17th, perhaps you can attend for an update on why you should continue with your membership and a reminder of what the Rovers Trust has achieved and is looking to achieve in the near future?

I know I read it! I thought at the time what a bloody joke. I'm 70 and live hours way from Blackburn, and won"t be visiting again till Venkys have gone. The Trust has a DUTY to inform all its members of what they are about not just those who can sidle up to the bar at the Ewood WMC!

Amateur doesn't cover it. You take my subs annually but don"t value me! PM me and tell me what I would have heard if I'd been able to drop into the WMC at Ewood!

The issue that time was the failure to use Trust money to fund the Indian advert. the additional one is why the Trust is playing no role in today's protests, no role that I know of anyway.

When the balloon goes up, fans are relying on the Trust to act. Is it capable?

What is happening at this club and within the wider football world, is not the fault of the supporters who sit at home today, nor is it the fault of those who stand outside, as much as it is not the fault of those who attend the game to support the team. The blame lies solely at those incompetent, ignorant owners and the governing bodies entrusted to protect our football clubs and their lifeblood.

You only have to listen to the comments of Karl Oyston yesterday, a man who genuinely believes that he and his family are Blackpool Football Club, and this is where the game is going wrong, Blackpool FC is not Mr Oystons, the same as Blackburn Rovers is not the Raos, these clubs belong to the supporters, the one constant at each club for generations, and this point is being missed….Its ours and not yours, it’s not a business, it’s a football club.

There is a call for a boycott of the game today, it is just one game for us Rovers’ supporters and some will and some won’t, but we must respect each persons right to a democratic choice on what their individual course of action is, I just encourage everyone to soul search, consider all the reasons and make a decision that is right for yourself.

Each person entering the ground and clicking that turnstile today will be a statistic used by both clubs as a ‘happy supporter’ and this could not be more further from the truth. Whatever course of action people take today, I’m sure almost to a man they’d welcome the sale of this football club with open arms.

We have a duty as supporters of this club to ensure it is safeguarded for future generations, and to hold those who are destroying it accountable for their actions. There is a whole generation of supporters to come, who do not yet have a voice and who need us to be the voice that fights to ensure there is a football club for them to support in years to come.

Many clubs before Blackburn Rovers have fallen victim and been on the verge, those very clubs survived, albeit just about, this was largely down to supporters rallying around and fighting to protect their club, and this needs to be done from a united voice.

We need togetherness in our supporter base, yes we will make different decisions on what is best for the team/club, but we must always remember who the enemy is and not turn on each other.

I ask supporters who are staying away, who have been staying away for a while now, to return today, and march to Ewood Park and STOP at the gates and not enter, enforce the point you are making and attend the stadium today, standing shoulder to shoulder with fans sharing your concerns.

I ask the supporters who are attending the match today, to still consider joining in the protests outside of the match-time. March with your fellow supporters, express your concerns together and send a clear message to the watching world.

I ask the supporters who say they won’t join in, because “the numbers are always too low”, to consider how much higher those numbers would be, if everyone with this attitude just got involved!

Local Media, National Media and International Media are all interested and watching this, and are all supportive of the action being taken – the platform is provided, the world is watching and NOW is the time to show unity as a supporter base. Whatever decision you take personally today, regarding the boycott – you can still send a clear message that enough is enough.

This is not falling on deaf ears, I have been contacted by the office of Tracey Crouch (The Government Minister for Sport), who is aware of the protests and the concerns being highlighted and is offering an audience with her in Westminster in the coming weeks. As I said earlier, the time to be heard is now.

Great post

The difference, to me, between those other clubs and us is the fanbase. Other clubs fans have rallied around to save their local teams I just don't see the public of Blackburn doing this. Apathy abounds sadly. One only has to look at the 3rd Division of old, even a successful 2nd division club we did not pull that great a number of fans. Not until Jack and the new found and now gone gloryhunters did we get decent numbers. No, I think the majority of the locals would sit idly by and watch BRFC disappear

Archived