BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Nobend

One thing certain with PNE we will have their chavs out for a day out in Blackburn. That's the worst thing about little ol PNE their fans being absolute tools (some of them are ok I will grant you that). Always nice to welcome a visitor to the board from the away team, Sales of alcopops and cider break the records at aldi and lidl!

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gary Paul said:

Some great comments here lads, keep em coming.

Y'know when Burnley and A lot of our fans say Blackburn fans are incredibly full of their own perceived self importance, yeah?

Well it's hard to see why. You're all really sound lads, as evidenced by the posts on this thread. There isn't a hint of egotism or condescension anywhere. :rolleyes:

If anyone wants to go to McDonald's before the game, for a chit-chat, a nutritious bite to eat and maybe take a couple of selfies together, please send me a private message. I'll have £30 spends so I'm willing to pay for the both of us, too.

Nice one Gary, see you there, and bring your dinner. :lol:

Just now, Gary Paul said:

Some great comments here lads, keep em coming.

Y'know when Burnley and A lot of our fans say Blackburn fans are incredibly full of their own perceived self importance, yeah?

Well it's hard to see why. You're all really sound lads, as evidenced by the posts on this thread. There isn't a hint of egotism or condescension anywhere. :rolleyes:

If anyone wants to go to McDonald's before the game, for a chit-chat, a nutritious bite to eat and maybe take a couple of selfies together, please send me a private message. I'll have £30 spends so I'm willing to pay for the both of us, too.

That's a very generous offer Gary. Paper rounds must pay really well these days. Just joking.

Yesterday was a brilliant result considering the Team we faced, the amount of games we have played and so forth. However, this weekend is huge, we have another team based around the same area as Fulham, and Norwich, while I am not complaining to complain draws won't save us and we need to follow up this weekend with a win. While Preston are a well organised side, I just see them as that a good organised side punching a little above it weight. Their Midfield is the real danger for me with Robinson, and a player I love in Daniel Johnson. But it is a team on our day I believe we are better and are capable of getting a good result. The only thing that will be hard is Preston are incredibly hard to break down, as defensively they are sound. 

It has been great that we have picked up some points over the last week with draws.

The next three home games are key.  Preston is the first one.  The 2 after that are Barnsley and Bristol City.  We have to try and win all 3.  That combined with a few more draws away from home would see us safe. 

The pressure is all on us this weekend.  Preston look to be a very well organised side with some dangerous midfielders who will cause us problems.

We just have to get through this game and win it.  Then players get a 2 week rest to recover from the huge amount of games we have played recently and Mowbray will have his first opportunity to do some proper work with the squad.

I can't see Mowbray throwing Mahoney in for a start until we are 'safer', whilst he has done really well coming on as an impact sub he leaves us with very little defensive cover on the flank. I expect to see Mowbray continue with a compact hard working team with the chance to bring on impact subs in the second half. I for one would be worried about having Mahoney as the only cover in front of the inexperienced Nyambe or the limited Williams, especially with McGeady in such imperious form and the pace of Tom Barkhuizen who likes to drift wide and cut in. If fit I'd prefer to see Mulgrew at left back to add some needed intelligence and experience to the back 4 to compliment the mobility and youthful exuberance of the Nyambe, Hoban and Lenihan.

• Moderation Lead

With all these complaints about Derrick Williams at LB, it makes one wonder just how bad Stephen Hendrie, who we've got on loan from WHU must be!!

I assumed it was just Coyle not knowing his backside from his elbow re players initially.....

Hendrie is appalling, I was chastised on here by some in the summer for saying as much, even though I had seen him failing to make the grade whilst on loan at Southend. He is absolute toilet, he will be released or paid off by WH this summer and turn up at a League 2 club or a lower table Scottish Premiership team. 

18 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I can't see Mowbray throwing Mahoney in for a start until we are 'safer', whilst he has done really well coming on as an impact sub he leaves us with very little defensive cover on the flank. I expect to see Mowbray continue with a compact hard working team with the chance to bring on impact subs in the second half. I for one would be worried about having Mahoney as the only cover in front of the inexperienced Nyambe or the limited Williams, especially with McGeady in such imperious form and the pace of Tom Barkhuizen who likes to drift wide and cut in. If fit I'd prefer to see Mulgrew at left back to add some needed intelligence and experience to the back 4 to compliment the mobility and youthful exuberance of the Nyambe, Hoban and Lenihan.

Mulgrew would be wasted left back. We need him playing centrally,in either midfield or defence. 

Is Hendrie still here? What a bizzare loan signing. 

I’ve got a soft spot for the Lillywhites because my first ever football match was at Dumpdale. My uncle took me to watch PNE v Northampton in 1983. We sat on wooden benches and I got a splinter in my arse.

Anyhow… Nob end friends are telling me the game versus Reading is the best they’ve played this season and Grayson has them well drilled. Reckon it’ll be a tough game, 1-1.

Feel a tad sorry for PNE. Years and years of unending mediocrity.

Very little success of any type for as long as most can remember. Plastic pitches, Woodhouse, Shaw, play-off failures under Moyes and Davies. I warned them about Garner when they played Wycombe!

Their hero in the 90's was Andy Saville, whilst we sang to Shearer. Burnley, Bolton, Blackpool and Rovers have all enjoyed the PL whilst PNE played Scunthorpe and acted like a big club at Doncaster.

They have done well the last two seasons so fair play to them for that. Tough game for them against Mowbrays Rovers.

2-1 to the good guys. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mulgrew would be wasted left back. We need him playing centrally,in either midfield or defence. 

Is Hendrie still here? What a bizzare loan signing. 

I disagree, Mulgrew would add balance to the defence playing at left back. We would maintain the mobility and athleticism of Hoban and Lenihan whilst having an experienced player who is comfortable on the ball back there. Whilst I am no real fan of Lowe he and Guthrie have performed well in there the last few weeks with one being the ball player the other willing (but limited) runner. Lowe won't be dropped and Guthrie has done nothing to deserve being dropped. I feel the team would be a stronger overall unit with Mulgrew at LB rather than putting him into CM or CB at the expense of Hoban or Guthrie.

5 hours ago, J*B said:

Preston at home. Like Burnley at home, without the rivallary. Probably less tension than Bolton at home. 

Theres always lots of talk when this game comes around, but the reality is I watched PNE go up at Wembley in a Rovers shirt and didn't get any negative comments.  It's an Internet rivalry. 

There used to be PNE scarves and hats at Ewood in the early/mid 90's. In the Blackburn End enclosure one fella was at almost every game with his PNE colours on.

1 hour ago, roverstdt said:

Yesterday was a brilliant result considering the Team we faced, the amount of games we have played and so forth. However, this weekend is huge, we have another team based around the same area as Fulham, and Norwich, while I am not complaining to complain draws won't save us and we need to follow up this weekend with a win. While Preston are a well organised side, I just see them as that a good organised side punching a little above it weight. Their Midfield is the real danger for me with Robinson, and a player I love in Daniel Johnson. But it is a team on our day I believe we are better and are capable of getting a good result. The only thing that will be hard is Preston are incredibly hard to break down, as defensively they are sound. 

Hasnt Robinson been playing up front with Hugill?

Not sure if Johnson has starting, hasnt he been on the bench recently?

Just now, Athlete said:

PNE have a big say in the relegation battle there next two games after us are Forest and Bristol City at Dumpdale 

They do, it could also be said that beating them could have a negative effect on those following games. At the moment PNE have a very outside chance of making the play-offs, if we beat them there is a chance they are on the beach for the last 7 games of the season with nothing to play for.

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

They do, it could also be said that beating them could have a negative effect on those following games. At the moment PNE have a very outside chance of making the play-offs, if we beat them there is a chance they are on the beach for the last 7 games of the season with nothing to play for.

Agreed LR but could work in our favor with the barnsley villa Brentford games..  sides on the beach at this time of the year are the best to play..

Can see there being quite a few twists and turns yet 

7 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I disagree, Mulgrew would add balance to the defence playing at left back. We would maintain the mobility and athleticism of Hoban and Lenihan whilst having an experienced player who is comfortable on the ball back there. Whilst I am no real fan of Lowe he and Guthrie have performed well in there the last few weeks with one being the ball player the other willing (but limited) runner. Lowe won't be dropped and Guthrie has done nothing to deserve being dropped. I feel the team would be a stronger overall unit with Mulgrew at LB rather than putting him into CM or CB at the expense of Hoban or Guthrie.

You make some good points and it could work. I just feel we need him in the middle. We are going to need to rotate the squad going forward with the number of games. Mulgrew and Lowe in midfield when Guthris is rested? 

Totally agree, this is the stage in the season where teams start to fall away or pick up largely based on the professionalism/personal pride of the manager/players. Where managers like Warnock and McCarthy squeeze their teams till the last weekend to finish as high up the table as possible and others with less experience allow their teams to fade.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

You make some good points and it could work. I just feel we need him in the middle. We are going to need to rotate the squad going forward with the number of games. Mulgrew and Lowe in midfield when Guthris is rested? 

Mulgrew is a natural fit in there should Guthrie be injured and/or rested however whilst all are fit I think we have to get our best players on the pitch, we aren't a good enough side to be leaving out players like Hoban IMO. It also helps that Mulgrew is an excellent left back, in fact he is far superior to Williams and should we have had an increased number of fit and/or quality defenders I think he would have played there more often this season.

Archived