BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Nobend

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Stuart said:

So how can you dismiss my view so easily considering I too actually go and watch the team?

Lowe is currently in the form of his life. And he's still below average for this level.

While I don't dismiss this view outright (I've seen Lowe enough this season to declare him a technically worse footballer than me), you have to remember that about 6 or 7 people also say he's played well recently. Certainly did well vs Utd, Derby, and Cardiff imo.

You aren't being dismissed, it's just a minority view at the moment. May well flip back after the Mowbray bounce, but there's no harm giving credit where it's due.

SEPARATELY I'd like to ask anyone:

Might it be that Lowe's performances are being 'rose-tinted' by being part of the unbeaten run? Might his inclusion actually have prevented some draws becoming wins?

Or has Lowe genuinely improved from the Utd game onwards?

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Stuart said:

"The guys who actually go and watch the team?" Not sure how to respond to that. :unsure:

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

If he walks away at the end of the season for free he won't be missed and can be easily replaced by similar or better for a lesser wage. Manager after manager picks him no matter what form he is in possibly alluding to some contractual situation or raising his profile but that still wouldn't explain the England u21 call ups. Another squad he should be nowhere near

I guess we are all missing something that Hull and WBA see in him. 

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

That trait with Lowe carried on under Bowyer and considering who was at work when he broke through/got over promoted to the first team it'd be no surprise if there was fingers in the Lowe pie contract wise. 

Willing worker, nice lad that he is there is no way he'd have been no 1 on the team sheet through such an array of managers and coaches he's had some ridiculously poor runs of form and also injuries. Plus even under this lot there has on a few occasions been better players overlooked in both positions in his favour. Something has definitely been afoot where Jason is concerned it seems. Probably just something as simple as them desperate to keep his profile up hoping he'd be worth money at some point.

Well even if that was their plan they badly misjudged it. His performance s have attracted no interest let alone a transfer fee and his contract expires in a few months.

Sincerely hope this playing time is not to convince him to sign a new deal because that just perpetuates the problem.

Booked a train for the trip up against my better judgement. I think I was at the game last year when one of their players did a chicken dance so I'd love to see us beat this lot. Does not really feel like a local derby to me, same as Bolton.

Stupid kick off time means I miss watching my lad play in the morning.

I think they are a good team so I'll guess at a tight 1-1 however just once can we beat someone by a few goals so we can relax a bit.

Big game tonight also.

8 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

This has long been my espoused theory. There can be no other logical explanation. Under Coyle, when a midfielder was waiting to come on as a sub, the full back would go off and Lowe would fill in there. This happened more than once and it is something I have very rarely seen before and it was a dead giveaway. There is an underlying reason to all of this.

I am not a conspiracy theorist per se (although having studied it since '88 I am absolutely certain that Oswald didn't fire a single shot at JFK ) but there is certainly something peculiar going on here. 

Oswald was the lone shooter, he probably didn't work alone, but he was the only shooter that day in dealy plaza. This after many years of me believing he wasn't the only gunman to hit JKF that day in Dallas.

We should start a thread in ICBINF 

Rovers 2 PNE 0

Just now, Gav said:

Oswald was the lone shooter, he probably didn't work alone, but he was the only shooter that day in dealy plaza. This after many years of me believing he wasn't the only gunman to hit JKF that day in Dallas.

We should start a thread in ICBINF 

Rovers 2 PNE 0

Yes we should

10 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

I am not a conspiracy theorist per se (although having studied it since '88 I am absolutely certain that Oswald didn't fire a single shot at JFK ) but there is certainly something peculiar going on here. 

Are you suggesting that it was Jason Lowe who shot JFK? If so, incredible. Just incredible. Talk about making the man a scapegoat. Not even Wilcox or Quinn got this treatment. A harsh man would suggest that Lowe would miss anyway, in fact, he probably wouldn't even have a shot. In fact he'd probably see the cavalcade approaching, start walking backwards off the grassy knoll get in his car and drive home.

Just now, bob fleming said:

Are you suggesting that it was Jason Lowe who shot JFK? If so, incredible. Just incredible. Talk about making the man a scapegoat. Not even Wilcox or Quinn got this treatment. A harsh man would suggest that Lowe would miss anyway, in fact, he probably wouldn't even have a shot. In fact he'd probably see the cavalcade approaching, start walking backwards off the grassy knoll get in his car and drive home.

Wrong Bob. Jason passed the gun to his mate who was just behind him who gave it back to him. He then passed it sideways to his mate who was five yards away. By this time the big crowd watching all booed and criticised him.

In fairness Lowe has generally been good in the Mowbray era so far and has done exactly what I think Mowbray will have asked of him. On Tuesday he was essentially the heartbeat of the team and drove us on at every opportunity.

Just now, arbitro said:

Wrong Bob. Jason passed the gun to his mate who was just behind him who gave it back to him. He then passed it sideways to his mate who was five yards away. By this time the big crowd watching all booed and criticised him.

In fairness Lowe has generally been good in the Mowbray era so far and has done exactly what I think Mowbray will have asked of him. On Tuesday he was essentially the heartbeat of the team and drove us on at every opportunity.

Agreed, he's been OK when I've seen him. He needs to keep it up and get more involved / in the thick of it. 

Hahaha, great reply Bob!

I think the conspirators shied away from Lowey on the grassy knoll; he gets nervous with the turf beneath his feet. 

In his career as a midfield assassin for Rovers Jason has had ONE successful shot in 150 plus sessions on the grassy knoll meaning 100s of shots that missed.

This is massive support that there was in fact more than one shot at Kennedy.

13 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

.....and again :lol:

13 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

only after he'd given possession of his gun away.

42 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What's Nicko's opinion on the shooting Chaddy ?

Nicko says the gun definitely didn't have Andersons fingerprints on it, he can't say the same about Rovers though .....!

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Well even if that was their plan they badly misjudged it. His performance s have attracted no interest let alone a transfer fee and his contract expires in a few months.

Sincerely hope this playing time is not to convince him to sign a new deal because that just perpetuates the problem.

His impressive appearance stats and captaincy will be a good CV for any deal they may get somewhere else. No one has ever come in for him with money so plan B might be secure him a good contract elsewhere, signing on fee etc and knowing them he may have a loyalty bonus in his Rovers contract or something. Only way to make money out of championship players is to keep the moving i guess.

Been said a few times though that the lad has never had a gaffer to work under who can use his limited talents to what they are best suited. Now we might have one but it's too late.

I've been his biggest critic  but if he's playing well enough to keep the shirt he should keep it. Building team morale and cohesion is vital at the moment. If we do stay up that will be the reason why.  Plenty of ups and downs to come, we seem to be dealing with them ok up to press. It looks like building  team  spirit is Mowbray's priority as well.

I can't see anything other than a Rovers win tomorrow and I am going for a 2-0.

All teams in this division are much of a muchness and even under Owen 'Coil' (contraceptive football) we were generally competitive against most opponents but repeatedly came up short when it mattered. 

Mowbray has brought some much needed team spirit, shape and desire. Our squad is as good technically as most others and better than Preston's in my opinion. As long as we are resolute at the back we can and should win the game.

Really looking forward to it. I have stayed away from the boycott debate and I respect everybody's right to follow their conscience but wouldn't it be great to have a few returning to the fold tomorrow! There is a feel good factor springing up again and the place could really be buzzing come kick off.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Depends what you class as okay, against Wigan the other week he was nothing short of awful. Everyone around us in the Jack Walker thought the same, I was unsure if he was actually a footballer, wayward passes out of play or to the opposition. However he has been okay in other games.

Archived