BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Nobend

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I like this Gary fellow. I hope he stays here. Definitely adds to the board. 

Don't care about the result. EDIT: Thats not strictly true. I hope we win. But I don't care enough to go. EDIT EDIT: That's not true either. I wish I could go, but I can't - its at home and boycott means boycott. 

I like Gary as well. I think he wants to be a Rovers fan. I say let him.

Correct. Boycott means boycott. The fact we now do a bit better doesn't excuse years of unnecessary misery. The owners have a lot of stuff to rectify before I will commit to supporting their offerings. A bit of honesty and decency would help as I for one grew up watching us struggling and it wasn't about all about winning nor being the best, just being the best we could be!

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary Paul has been banned by an over-zealous mod.

Poor form really, considering all the posts complaining about over-zealous policing of this fixture.

The wrestler mod (Aka Kim Jong-Un) needs to have a good look at himself and lighten up. 

I think people should make a stand against this dictator, and protest for the reinstatement of the excellent Gary Paul.

Just now, Iceman said:

4-0 Rovers

Seems like a decade since Rovers put another team to the sword so wouldn't it be great if it was this lot. All we need is an early goal followed by a penalty then a sending off of 1 of theirs then a nice OG from them. That'll set us up nicely :lol:

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Liam George said:

Gary Paul has been banned by an over-zealous mod.

Poor form really, considering all the posts complaining about over-zealous policing of this fixture.

The wrestler mod (Aka Kim Jong-Un) needs to have a good look at himself and lighten up. 

I think people should make a stand against this dictator, and protest for the reinstatement of the excellent Gary Paul.

Hi Gary! :brfc:

• Backroom

He was warned not to aggravate Rovers fans in previous Preston match threads and was doing so again. Just a wind-up merchant. He knew 6 months ago what would get him a ban and ignored it. Then decided to re-reg = bye bye!

On 15/03/2017 at 1:20 PM, Lancaster Rover said:

I disagree, Mulgrew would add balance to the defence playing at left back. We would maintain the mobility and athleticism of Hoban and Lenihan whilst having an experienced player who is comfortable on the ball back there. Whilst I am no real fan of Lowe he and Guthrie have performed well in there the last few weeks with one being the ball player the other willing (but limited) runner. Lowe won't be dropped and Guthrie has done nothing to deserve being dropped. I feel the team would be a stronger overall unit with Mulgrew at LB rather than putting him into CM or CB at the expense of Hoban or Guthrie.

Bit late the the party with this one but play our strongest player Mulgrew at left back to accommodate our weakest player Jason Lowe?

Why has this guy got such talismanic status?

How about Jason Lowe left back (on the bench)? At best to kill off games we are leading rather than having to play catch up in games that he plays all 90 mins.

Lowe must have a contract clause from the Kean days. He must. Otherwise the idea of trying him out of the side would have crossed somebodies mind (besides the fans - who have seen him the most).

Just now, Stuart said:

Bit late the the party with this one but play our strongest player Mulgrew at left back to accommodate our weakest player Jason Lowe?

Why has this guy got such talismanic status?

How about Jason Lowe left back (on the bench)? At best to kill off games we are leading rather than having to play catch up in games that he plays all 90 mins.

Lowe must have a contract clause from the Kean days. He must. Otherwise the idea of trying him out of the side would have crossed somebodies mind (besides the fans - who have seen him the most).

I'm as dubious as you about Lowe's ability but the guys who actually go and watch the team say he's worth the shirt at the moment. I'm inclined to give them and Lowe the benefit of the doubt.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm as dubious as you about Lowe's ability but the guys who actually go and watch the team say he's worth the shirt at the moment. I'm inclined to give them and Lowe the benefit of the doubt.

"The guys who actually go and watch the team?" Not sure how to respond to that. :unsure:

37 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Simple really Stuart, I'm still boycotting so I don't really have a proper understanding of who is playing well and who isn't.

So how can you dismiss my view so easily considering I too actually go and watch the team?

Lowe is currently in the form of his life. And he's still below average for this level.

10 hours ago, Stuart said:

So how can you dismiss my view so easily considering I too actually go and watch the team?

Lowe is currently in the form of his life. And he's still below average for this level.

I'm not going any further with this as I fail to see how I'm dismissing your views. You remind me of a guy I used to work with, he could have a row in an empty house also.

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

This has long been my espoused theory. There can be no other logical explanation. Under Coyle, when a midfielder was waiting to come on as a sub, the full back would go off and Lowe would fill in there. This happened more than once and it is something I have very rarely seen before and it was a dead giveaway. There is an underlying reason to all of this.

I am not a conspiracy theorist per se (although having studied it since '88 I am absolutely certain that Oswald didn't fire a single shot at JFK ) but there is certainly something peculiar going on here. 

That trait with Lowe carried on under Bowyer and considering who was at work when he broke through/got over promoted to the first team it'd be no surprise if there was fingers in the Lowe pie contract wise. 

Willing worker, nice lad that he is there is no way he'd have been no 1 on the team sheet through such an array of managers and coaches he's had some ridiculously poor runs of form and also injuries. Plus even under this lot there has on a few occasions been better players overlooked in both positions in his favour. Something has definitely been afoot where Jason is concerned it seems. Probably just something as simple as them desperate to keep his profile up hoping he'd be worth money at some point.

Just now, tomphil said:

That trait with Lowe carried on under Bowyer and considering who was at work when he broke through/got over promoted to the first team it'd be no surprise if there was fingers in the Lowe pie contract wise. 

Willing worker, nice lad that he is there is no way he'd have been no 1 on the team sheet through such an array of managers and coaches he's had some ridiculously poor runs of form and also injuries. Plus even under this lot there has on a few occasions been better players overlooked in both positions in his favour. Something has definitely been afoot where Jason is concerned it seems. Probably just something as simple as them desperate to keep his profile up hoping he'd be worth money at some point.

i agree on the point they thought he might end up being worth something but the only thing is hes going to walk away for free in the summer. which is fine because lets face it hes a garbage player but the lack of contracts resigned under the cowboys is an absolute joke

Just now, seanobrfc said:

i agree on the point they thought he might end up being worth something but the only thing is hes going to walk away for free in the summer. which is fine because lets face it hes a garbage player but the lack of contracts resigned under the cowboys is an absolute joke

No doubt the number of appearances and captaincy lark will ensure his agents set him up a decent contract again somewhere. I'd have no probs with him staying on a contract that actually reflects his ability but he'll prob get 10pwk from some ambitious club in this league just to sit on their bench.

Very odd this captain fantastic wasn't tied down on a deal ages ago considering his undroppable nature.  Maybe the agents stand to make more from moving him on though.

If he walks away at the end of the season for free he won't be missed and can be easily replaced by similar or better for a lesser wage. Manager after manager picks him no matter what form he is in possibly alluding to some contractual situation or raising his profile but that still wouldn't explain the England u21 call ups. Another squad he should be nowhere near

Archived