BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Nobend

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, preston blue said:

I am willing to admit it was an excellent pass by Gally.  I am trying to recall which nutcase of a Rovers manager let him go.

It was a very different incarnation of Blackburn Rovers which let him go...

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Yep, so why on earth was he appointed ?  One person at Ewood needs to explain and apologise.

I don't think anyone could actually explain it because they've probably no idea. Another appointment from the shadows.

5 minutes ago, bazza said:

Yep. Paul Gallagher is a good championship player. We let him go when we were a good Premiership club.

Always a good impact player Gally but never in a million years a big Sam player sadly. 

Just now, tomphil said:

Always a good impact player Gally but never in a million years a big Sam player sadly. 

I didn't like him on his first stint with us, mainly because he was one of you, and secondary because he was a show pony. By time he arrived for his second spell on loan, he'd been brought down to Earth via Plymouth. 

Just now, TAFKAP said:

I didn't like him on his first stint with us, mainly because he was one of you, and secondary because he was a show pony. By time he arrived for his second spell on loan, he'd been brought down to Earth via Plymouth. 

Wasn't he main man over there for a season or two ? Albeit in a league below, it seemed every highlight i saw of North End he was almost unplayable. Always liked him but he was out his depth a bit in the Prem as anything other than an impact sub a bit like Matt Derbyshire.

• Backroom
6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

That was mesmerising, I kept wanting him to pull the trigger but the footwork was sublime until the slip.

He could be some player if he learns when to pass and when to hold, he looked abysmal when he came on V Leeds and still looks like he hasn't full control of his limbs but has obvious talent.

39 minutes ago, Tom said:

That was mesmerising, I kept wanting him to pull the trigger but the footwork was sublime until the slip.

He could be some player if he learns when to pass and when to hold, he looked abysmal when he came on V Leeds and still looks like he hasn't full control of his limbs but has obvious talent.

still does,nt forgive the stick he got because his agent is seniors wife and senior brought him in.

• Backroom
41 minutes ago, Tom said:

Reading this post back maybe what he needs is John Barnes as his mentor, he could perform the rap for him before every game. 'You've got to hold and give but do it at the right time.....'

• Backroom
Just now, duggy9197 said:

still does,nt forgive the stick he got because his agent is seniors wife and senior brought him in.

Eh? Seems a decent player, but I'm still concerned about the conflict of interest there. It burnt us with SEM/Kentaro and this could too.

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

Or we might have been in a much better position if we had brought in an actual manager. The squad Bowyer mismanaged make you weep.

I shouldn't re-ignite this debate on the PNE match thread so apologies but surely the reason Bowyer had to go was his inability to reach the play-offs with what 90% of us realised was the only squad capable of possible promotion.

Yes, he steadied the ship and yes, his recruitment was very good but most of us knew that was our last chance, and yes, I think Lambert would have brought the resilience that squad needed to reach the top six, in fact any decent, experienced manager would have. I agree that Bowyer would have been prefereble to Coyle but so would Appleton & Berg (and Kidd, and Ince....erm, ok, maybe not those two...) so not much of an argument for retaining GB. 

I agree it's hypothetical though as the question remains would a more experienced manager have recruited as well as GB? You've got to answer that yes, he may have done, as we were still paying reasonable transfer fees and wages at the time.

Again, sorry to further contaminate the match thread...

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

Eh? Seems a decent player, but I'm still concerned about the conflict of interest there. It burnt us with SEM/Kentaro and this could too.

This is why senior is looking forward to the summer... Another reason why we won't progress until these charlatans leave 

Despite the upturn on the field everyone remains very skeptical about the summer with chestons cuts and seniors recruitment 

If there is absolutely any chance of buying Jaoa off Wednesday I would. He reminds me of Nzonzi in that he clearly has all the building blocks to be a top top player, just needs some time to get them together. They'd be mad to sell him, but stranger thing have happened.

I'd like to see Jaoa and Gallagher given a shot up front together. Any centreback paring would find that incredibly tough. Both good in the air, with feet and have pace.

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

If there is absolutely any chance of buying Jaoa off Wednesday I would. He reminds me of Nzonzi in that he clearly has all the building blocks to be a top top player, just needs some time to get them together. They'd be mad to sell him, but stranger thing have happened.

I'd like to see Jaoa and Gallagher given a shot up front together. Any centreback paring would find that incredibly tough. Both good in the air, with feet and have pace.

Sam Gallagher is good at a lot of things, but in the air isn't one of them!

Joao and Emnes were electric for a period in the second half.

11 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Joaos interview after the Norwich game unfortunately suggests he won't be signing permanent 

46 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I'm glad they both have feet, although against Leeds it was questionable re Jaoa

24 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I'm glad they both have feet, although against Leeds it was questionable re Jaoa

Jaoa at Burton too, after which I called him rubbish.

He had a really good game against the nobbers though, so maybe he's not as bad as I first thought.

Credit where its due he showed some really neat footwork, there was another excellent piece of footwork where he half Cruyff turned/re-rolled the ball sending the defender the wrong way. That said, he needs to work a great deal on his decision making and composure.

3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

According to my Sheff Wed ST mate he is 6th in line for their striker position, so I imagine that he will definitely be moving on. 

Equally surprising is that he has been impressed with Rhodes' flick ons, heading ability and link up play! 

On 20/03/2017 at 1:12 AM, Mike E said:

Seems a decent player, but I'm still concerned about the conflict of interest there.

If things go well, we don't bother looking into affairs. If things don't go well, we look for blame and reasoning in those very same affairs. It's human, and that's how life works. It doesn't concern me if he's delivering on the pitch, but the jury's well and truly out on that one, still.

Archived