BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Nobend

Just home from the pub.

Couldn't get there today due to work.

Well done TM, this had a defeat written all over it before the game.

7 unbeaten, never in our wildest dreams!!!!!

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mercerman said:

I really struggle to understand some on here including you.

"11 out of 21 isn't great". FFS, we had 29  points from 31 games under Coyle and that is where Mowbray started from.

If someone had posted on here that under Mowbray, we would have been unbeaten in 7 and harvested 11 points from games including the likes of PNE, Fulham, Norwich and Derby then you would have been apoplectic. 

11 points from 7 games over the course of a season would get us to 72 points and very close to top six.  If we get 11 points from our last eight games, we will be safe.

You really do spout some nonsense.

You are spot on,

Mowbray is unbeaten so far and he hasn't even had a full week of training yet with the players. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks they will be lots of tactical and shape work happening as well has defensively work

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Lowe immense - surely not ?  Man of the match again - surely not ? Don't they these people consult the "experts" on here ? 

I said it as I saw it Jim.  What do you reckon (sorry I have not looked back at the thread)? 

He also did well at Fulham and put in immense and effective effort.   Six months ago I would have strung him up with Mademe Rao and OC, he is a different player under TM.

47 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Points wise it's as I expected from the last 3 games. BUT given the 'bonus' draws, it's 2 points dropped today. Gutted? Yes. Demoralised? No.

I think Mowbray will get the 'game management' sorted out in the international break and we'll stand a decent chance of 2 more bonus draws or maybe sneaking a win. I'm keeping faith yet.

Hopefully fitness levels will be much better with the break.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Giving Lowe MoM today was a joke and frankly an insult to Mulgrew who is light years ahead of him in every way - and in every minute today. Lowe made two tackles towards the end of the match (which is amazing really but all he did) and he took the accolade. Wonder if we would get a tribunal fee with him being home grown?

It looks like you're out of line with your Lowe bashing this week Stuart. I, like a number of others, thought he was outstanding today - he completely stopped Johnson playing, stood up to Pearson and generally was in the Preston midfield's face all afternoon. He created the space to let others get forward.

PB - Good to see you today. Jim's been a staunch defender of Lowe these last few weeks and is just getting a bit of irony in.

Just now, only2garners said:

It looks like you're out of line with your Lowe bashing this week Stuart. I, like a number of others, thought he was outstanding today - he completely stopped Johnson playing, stood up to Pearson and generally was in the Preston midfield's face all afternoon. He created the space to let others get forward.

PB - Good to see you today. Jim's been a staunch defender of Lowe these last few weeks and is just getting a bit of irony in.

Stuart comments are out of order today Lowe. 

Preston midfield were non existed today unless Grayson change Shape and went 3-4-3 and Gallagher came on. 

Mowbray should have put Lowe or Akpan on him to man mark him

Just now, only2garners said:

If you say so.

Two tackles. All game. Say different.

He's like a middle manager. Does a lot of pointing and running round but ultimately everyone else has to do the work.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Stuart comments are out of order today Lowe. 

Preston midfield were non existed today unless Grayson change Shape and went 3-4-3 and Gallagher came on. 

Mowbray should have put Lowe or Akpan on him to man mark him

Akpan :lol: We'd have lost it completely had he come on. Never should be in the side again.

Just now, Stuart said:

Tell that to Peter Shilton!

For me, my centre midfielder, in the form of his life and the best player on the pitch, would have been closing down his man.

Stuart, you have chosen a millisecond of play where the game is fluid, players are all in the process of changing positions, the ball has come in high, the pace is quick.

Just now, rhodie said:

Stuart, you have chosen a millisecond of play where the game is fluid, players are all in the process of changing positions, the ball has come in high, the pace is quick.

Tough being a footballer isn't it.

Maybe that's why he earns more in a month than I do in a year.

Imagine having to close a player down, what with the game being so fluid and quick. Maybe he needs paying more money.

I think mowbray made the correct substitutions. We are just not used to finishing teams off ,we probably didn't know what to do in the situation of being a goal up and being told to attack. Under coyle it was park the bus as soon as we scored,could be 10 min into the game!

Gallagher and Mahoney are young. They will learn. 

23 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Lol @chaddyrovers

Now. Quiz time. Which of these players would you expect to be pressing the player on the ball. Maybe closing him down? Midfielder?

IMG_0522.JPG

Looking at that picture Williams is out of position there and should have been in line with Mulgrew tbh. And Feeney needs to be tracking the runner better. 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Looking at it in real time we completely lost our shape there.  

We had lost our shape with about 5 mins to go..

But now Mowbray will have 2 full weeks to work on the shape and formation work now. No reason we cant beat Brighton tbf. Good team but everyone can beat any one in this league

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Lowe immense - surely not ?  Man of the match again - surely not ? Don't they these people consult the "experts" on here ? 

Not !!!! Loves his space to much that guy...still don't like him...man of the match ..haha was they watching the same match ?? 

Archived