BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Nobend

Absolutely gutted. Thought we played fantastic today. The most exciting game of football I've seen in a long time. Feels like a loss. The ref made some bizarre decisions today. Bennett was superb and was criminally under used by co#"e. Joaoa showed he has class and could be a top player, shame he thought he was playing in a pre season friendly and not a life or death relegation battle against our local rivals. Can't fault anybody though. Every one ran there socks off, even Lowe did what he does very well, unfortunately it's results like this and the manner of the defeat which tell me we don't have what it takes to stay up.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just looked at the fixtures. Burton won't get 8 points from their very tough run in. I see us getting at least 10. We should just do it I'm thinking. Fingers crossed!!!

• Backroom

A bit of hope, hard to forget how good that would have looked if we held out but in the cold light of day we are 1 point behind 3 teams who can't rest easy just yet.

Well IF that was the future of Blackburn Rovers bring it on! They fought for the shirt for the full 90 minutes and completely outplayed a good Preston team for a long period.
Sadly the Rao family will soon bring me back to earth with more mis-management and scullduggery.

Well done Rovers!

Disappointing to drop points right at the death but there is still a long way to go with plenty of points to play for. For the first time in his fledgling career with us I thought Mowbray weakened us with his changes. I thought Bennett was really good on the right and was diligent with his defensive duties. For all Mahoney's promise he is defensively naive and allowed the full back too much room in our half. Similarly Gallagher was naive on two key occasions. I thought Lowe was once again really good with lots of other sterling performances from Rogers players. From a neutral perspective it must have been great to watch but our disappointment is tangible. 

Listening to Mowbray's interview he clearly thought we could get another goal and I think that's why he changed and stayed offensive rather than shoring us up with Akpan.

Burton been building some momentun, hopefully throwing this one will knock their confidence.  

It's a scary situation but with Coyle, who Venkies left in charge far too long, I was already preparing myself for 3rd Division footy.  I feel now like there is some hope.  Bummer today though, really thought we had it won.  Are we down? No, we are in trouble but we are at least making a fist of it where as with Coyle we were going with a whimper.

Burtons next two games are away at Huddersfield and Newcastle.

Bristol city's next two are away at Brentford and Nobend.

Forests next two are away at Wolves and Nobend.

Lets not slit our wrists about Reading and Brighton just yet.

Archived