BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Nobend

Mowbray said a week or so back that we lacked ' game management' skills and that this would be addressed throughly in the International break. I expect that Mowbray will have them in most days.

I cant comment on the game or players as had no audio access just here and the feckin useless BBC

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Well done to the Police for barely keeping control of 200+ Preston idiots on Livesey Branch! :rolleyes:

That post will be quoted on I'msuperkeyboardwarrior.com for years to come SG :lol:

What have you done?

200? no it was 300?

Frustrating I can't blame Mowbray fault falls on Venkys due to Coyle situation we will be left with an even bigger problem if we go down with Mahoney contract up and Lowe and so many others who will not stay here. Effectively we dropped 6 points in my eyes with Burton Norwich and Preston. Our defence for me is just too weak...Not at all strong enough. We need a miracle. Our destiny is still in our hands with games vs Bristol, Wolves, and Forest coming up but there is no second chance we need minimum 7 points from those games. Brighton is a winnable game as is Reading we prove that our players show up when facing the bigger boys in the league. 3 points is a must from one of our away games. 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I wouldn't blame him at all for the goal, everyone else was behind the ball which was why there was no-one there to pick up his admittedly misguided attempt at a cross. The ball then travelled the length of the pitch and I'd be looking at the rest of the side defensively ahead of Gallagher.

Unfortunately the  substitutions didn't work at all today, instead of continuing to play our normal game we stopped playing on about 75 minutes sat back too deep and started aimlessly hoofing the ball and giving it away. We'd already had a warning with the disallowed goal but didn't heed it.

In the 20 or 25 minutes prior to that it was the best I've seen in years. Joao was superb and we should have killed the game off during that period when we were on top.

When Emnes goes off we seem to lose all our rhythm and composure. The loose ball apart nothing whatsoever stuck with Gallagher after he came on.

Dumb @#/?

Unbelievable some of the doom and gloom stuff on here.

Seven games unbeaten, 11 points gained, team looking organised, threatening and playing some good stuff.  We have momentum and a growing confidence, at last.

We will get a minimum of 12 points from our remaining 8 games with home wins against Barnsley, Bristol City and Villa with away points at Forest, Wolves and Brentford.  We will be absolutely fine with 52 points.  What is the problem with some on here?

Just now, Mercerman said:

Unbelievable some of the doom and gloom stuff on here.

Seven games unbeaten, 11 points gained, team looking organised, threatening and playing some good stuff.  We have momentum and a growing confidence, at last.

We will get a minimum of 12 points from our remaining 8 games with home wins against Barnsley, Bristol City and Villa with away points at Forest, Wolves and Brentford.  We will be absolutely fine with 52 points.  What is the problem with some on here?

Its always the same on here Mercer, you should know that by now, I was on suicide watch the first PNE goal went in.

We're in with a fighting chance which is more than could be said 4wks back.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Your ludicrous optimism in the face of overwheming evidence to the contrary. 

We have cause for optimism after the recent run of results don't we?

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Your ludicrous optimism in the face of overwheming evidence to the contrary. 

Evidence to the contrary - what the hell is 7 unbeaten games and 11 points including matches against some good Championship teams ?

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Yes Gav, except that our rivals are doing even better by winning matches instead of drawing

We were losing 4wks ago Jim, if that continued we'd be down by now, so plenty of cause for optimism I'd say.

Can't help but feel this and last Saturday have really put us under huge pressure, you must see games out.

You can't keep conceding 2 goals a game and expect wins, please for one damn game this season Jason Steele can you please individually keep us in a game.

Mahoney and Gallagher looked like rabbits in the headlights, the move could have worked but it backfired massively. Gallagher not only gave the ball away in the corner when he should have sat on it but he didn't challenge for the high ball on the edge of the box for the goal either.

It just feels completely like a defeat, Joao and Emnes looked good on the ball, Guthrie played well but like a few others died in the last 10 mins.

Absolutely gutted!!

• Backroom
Just now, Gav said:

We were losing 4wks ago Jim, if that continued we'd be down by now, so plenty of cause for optimism I'd say.

As long as Venky's are here I have no real optimism.

I think we need to focus on ourselves. Yes it may be tough the results around us but for me it is all within our hands with the games we have to play left. No optimism under Venky's but plenty of optimism under Mowbray. We need to learn how to see games out, and we need someone to sort out our defence. Our positional play has improved and given the games we have played 7 games unbeaten with 10 points on the board I can't complain. 

Gutted, as the saying goes, for the lads. They will be really fed up after that very good performance. After the usual sluggish start, we dominated most of the game and really did play some nice stuff in the second half.

After coming on here plenty of times and pointing out the many footballing issues after we have been served up with some dross, it’s only right to praise the lads now.

Some simple things are now finally being done right. It was typified by simple passage of play in the second half when we had just scored our second. Ball goes back to Steele, they press, Steele calmly passes out to a marked Lenihan (I think) in the right back position, he calmly passes up the line to a marked Rovers player and we gradually move it nicely up front. Guardiola would have been proud! Another simple thing –on throw ins we no longer (where possible) use the neanderthal throw down the line, scrapping for possession –but rather do a simple throw and return and keep possession. And above all, something we have needed to do for a long, long time, we finally move the ball forward short into the hole and then play from there. The players are getting better in that slot at keeping the ball with their back to goal (especially Joao, not so much Gallagher). Much better than the useless punt (usually to Gallagher who, although willing, rarely wins a header). We really did move the ball around nicely for a spell in the second half. Pity we were are little wasteful and didn’t get the third when we were hot.

Such a shame that we can’t game manage a little better. Both the players and manager with subs. Gallagher in the corner with 2 mins of injury time to go? Incidentally, Lowe had a very good game (despite one effort to get them a goal).

But really, an enjoyable performance, really well done lads. How often have we been able to say that over the last few years?

And yet the overall feeling is gutted.

Just now, Gav said:

Looking at the fixtures, and that the teams in front of us are picking up points, my optimism has faded away.

Archived