BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Nobend

• Backroom

4 points out of the last 12. The same as if we'd won one, drawn one and lost two. This "unbeaten run" doesn't mean much if it's almost all draws. We're not in a position where drawing matches is going to save us. I said when Mowbray came in that he would need to perform miracles to keep us up, and after the last four matches I can't help but feel he's not going to do it. We needed somebody to come in and tighten up our defence, but after some early promise we're right back to the bad old ways of conceding 2 a game. 

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Sam Gallagher cost us two points there. Was it his cross, when he should've kept it in the corner, that led to Preston having another attack?

Makes it much harder for us - have to get something from matches at Brighton and Reading.

We're so much better under Mowbray but he still hasn't stopped us shipping goals virtually every match. 

Hanley and Duffy were big losses this season. 

• Backroom
Just now, Phil T said:

Sounds like Sam Gallagher cost us two points there. Was it his cross, when he should've kept it in the corner, that led to Preston having another attack?

Gallagher and Mahoney both atrocious when they came on and showed no maturity at all sadly 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Makes it much harder for us - have to get something from matches at Brighton and Reading.

We're so much better under Mowbray but he still hasn't stopped us shipping goals virtually every match. 

Yes one point adrift now could easily become four and too big an adverse goal difference to be able to reverse so late in the season before we are next back at Ewood.

Ya,table just updated there. It's very tight,but results didn't not go out way so far this weekend. Forest will be disappointed not to beat derby at home as well. 

Our games v Bristol and Forest could decide it. 

Although we need to get 2-3 points from our next two games I reckon. 

• Backroom
Just now, Tom said:

Gallagher and Mahoney both atrocious when they came on and showed no maturity at all sadly 

Mowbray has been spot on with his subs since he came in, but by the sounds of it his changes cost us 2 points today. Bringing on two young lads who are both attacking players when we need to defend a 2-1 lead? I can understand bringing on one of the two, but both? Strange, strange decision that he will be regretting now.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

If you look at his goalkeeper, defensive and midfield options, what would you do differently other than order a bag of nails, sheets of 8X4 and a hammer?

The die was cast before Mowbray arrived. 

A win would have given us such a psychological boost going into the long break and given breathing space for the games at Brighton and Reading. Now we can't afford to lose either of them. 

That one really hurt. Now we need some points from next two tough away games.

Everything is still possible, but it's gonna be 2 points more difficult. And I think it's gonna be real tight fight this season at relegation line. It might go with goal difference.

This was really, really bad.

But fight goes on...

Not the end of the world. Still very much in the mix with forest, Bristol and Burton - Maybe Brum too.

BUT we've had a reasonable new manager 'bounce' and we are still in bottom 3. Is it going to be enough? If we now have an indifferent run we are in trouble.

I'd rather this happened now than the last game of the season. It's going down to the wire, the three games against those around us are where it will count.  We were dead and buried before Mowbray so fingers crossed. 

Archived